6teen Fan Fiction ❯ 7teen: Hot as a Fireball ❯ For Mykan ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER FIVE
 
The gang had decided to keep everything a secret from me in an attempt to surprise me. Problem was… It was Thursday night, and the mall was closing up, and man, was I ever worried.
 
There still hadn't been any word from Serena about the costumes, and there still hadn't been any decorations done in the theme park, and the show was opening up tomorrow.
 
I closed up Comic Cavern and made my way home across the street. “They know the show's tomorrow… why would they not even talk about it?” I kept asking myself.
 
“Guess maybe the whole things been blown off after all… or they're just too busy thinking of their own lives.” I stopped and slumped down on a bench near the door. “That's totally messed up.”
 
No matter what I tried to do, I just couldn't get my mind off the fact that everything I had planned was all ready to go down in flames before my eyes. I sighed to myself. “Maybe I should just stay in bed tomorrow…”
 
Meanwhile
 
The mall had finally closed down, and the gang was all over at the shut-down theme park, and almost ready to start setting up, but what Jen wanted to know was. “All right Jonesy, spill it… how did you get Ron to let us in?”
 
Jonesy was twiddling with his fingers. “Yeah… uh… well? I kind of, promised him he could… come to the show for free.”
 
“That's it?” Nikki asked. “Free admittance? Can't see anything wrong with that.”
 
“Uh…heh-heh! Well… that's not really everything…” replied Jonesy, and right before anyone could ask why…
 
“ATEN-HUT!!” they all dropped what they were doing as they saw Ron enter. “All right you messy maggots. Form a line!” he bellowed.
 
The gang looked confused, until they go the feeling. “Jonesy… you didn't by chance agree to let Ron take charge of the decorating did you?” Wyatt whispered.
 
“I said… FALL IN LINE!!” Ron shouted, and they formed up in an instant.
 
Ron marched up and down the line inspecting his soldiers. “You, tuck in that shirt! You, put your feet together. All of you, stand up straight, stomach in, shoulders back!”
 
The gang straightened themselves upright. “When we get out of this, you better have you last will filled out.” Jen softly snapped to Jonesy.
 
Ron then moved towards Jen. “I hope I didn't just hear the sound of a solider talking out of RANKS!!”
 
A chill ran throughout Jen's whole body. “Sir… No, Sir!” she cried out loud, she also couldn't believe she just said that.
 
“All right… listen up.” Ron said as he began marching up and down the line. “Now you got this big show tomorrow, and so very little time to set up… well back in the old days we had a system of getting things done on time… and that thing was?” he paused and turned back to the others expecting an answer from them. “Well…”
 
The gang thought it over…
 
“Uh… following orders?” asked Wyatt.
 
“Working hard Night and Day?” asked Caitlin.
 
“Hiring super-fast samurais with radioactive speed to do the job for you?” Jude asked, and everyone, even Ron stared at him with a confused look. “Sorry… got carried away.”
 
Ron got his serious face back on. “No…no, and double-No!” he said. “We used a little thing called Teamwork people… Teamwork!! We're going to pull together and crush the force of time. We're going to make this place ready for tomorrow… or die trying.”
 
He began to assign everyone their tasks, and then they all got to work.
 
Jonesy and Wyatt were setting up the heavy furniture the huge sections of the floor stages. Problem was… they were barley able to life up the sofas. “Uhn… Jonesy… move it!!” Wyatt growled.
 
“Ugh!! I can't help it man… this thing weighs a ton.” Finally, he dropped it, bandit hit the floor barely missing Wyatt's foot. “Oh, great… now look what you did!”
 
“Me… you're the one who dropped it.”
 
Ron could hear them fighting, “What's going on here, punks?” he snapped. “I told you start moving the furniture, not argue with each other. So you both suck it up and get to work!!”
 
“Sir, yes Sir!!” Jonsey and Wyatt saluted and they got back to work.
 
Elsewhere there was even more trouble… as Caitlin and Jen were working on scenery pictures, and the things for the Vomit-Comet.
 
Some special banners, and soft, but very stiff cloth wings would be placed on the roller-coaster cars from front to back so it would look like the spaceship for the intro scene.
 
Sadly… of all things she knew about fabrics, putting the right thing together was not Caitlin's best subject. “Hmm… I'll put this over here… and this there…”
 
Jen who was busy setting up the alien planet scenes on the other bits of the stage saw what Caitlin was doing. She gasped when she saw the job she had done. “Caitlin!” she cried as she leapt down from her ladder. “What have you done?”
 
“What do you mean what have I done?” Caitlin said. “I think is looks just fine.”
 
Jen growled. “Look at this!” she snapped. “The wings are facing backwards… The rocket boosters are screwed on the wrong way, and the Fireball XL5 logo is painted on upside down!!”
 
Caitlin just snuffed. “I thought it looked better that way.” She said. “I was just trying to be CREATIVE!!”
 
While she and Jen argued, Nikki and Jude weren't having it any easier either. Setting up the speakers for the music and sound-effects and lighter models. Jude moved the Space city model near the corner of the stage, and then Nikki moved it right back when Jude left it.
 
Then Nikki placed a speaker down near the crowd control ropes, and Jude moved it further up and closer to the stages. Eventually they caught each other in their moving acts.
 
“Whoa, Bra… leave the Space-City model here. I don't think he likes to be moved.” Jude said.
 
“Uh-huh… well can just put that speaker back where it was before I put you out of it.” Nikki protested.
 
The whole gang broke out into an all-out squabble. They spent so much time arguing and less time decorating. At this rate, it would never be done in time for the show tomorrow. Ron finally lost all patients.
 
“Everybody… FREEZE!!!” he roared as loud as he could. Everyone stood exactly where they were with their eyes facing towards Ron.
 
“I expected you maggots to work together as a team, and you go ahead and give me this rock and roll bonanza! What have you got to say for yourselves now?!”
 
The others realized that they had themselves to blame. All the arguing they had done when they could've spent more time working on the sets. “But what are we supposed to do now?” Jen asked. “Everything's a mess, we'll never get it done by tomorrow.”
 
“Oh yes we will…” Jude said. He climbed up onto a crate and began to make one of his inspiring speeches.
 
“We came here with a goal. A goal to give the fine people who come to this mall a nice little show tomorrow. Not because it's almost Halloween, and not because there's a small fee in it for us… but because of Mykan.”
 
“He's the dude who started all this. It was his dream to make great comic series, and we have actually helped him by allowing him to use us as characters in his own scripts… he may pay us back, but as his friends, and as his cast… we owe him big time.”
 
“We have the power to help make Mykan's vision of a live performance come true, and we will not let him down, come rain or high water! Now lets get in here and give it all we got!!”
 
They others all nodded. “YEAH!!” they all shouted together, and they got back to work. Ron even thought Jude's speech was truly inspiring. “We could've used you in the force son. We just could have.”