6teen Fan Fiction ❯ 7teen: Hot as a Fireball ❯ I.O.U Big ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER SIX
 
It sure was a good thing everyone had graduated, and weren't ready for college yet. This meant that they could stay up all night if they had to finishing up everything enough so Darth and Julie could do the rest the next day.
 
So much had been done by the next day. The Vomit Comet had been completely tested out so see if it's new decorations wouldn't slow it down. There was also small, yet bright lights, and fog machines inside the rocket boosters so it would look like a real ship flying.
 
Then there was the many different sceneries. The Space-City control room… the Cockpit of Fireball… the Fireball lounge and bed areas. Even the hostile alien world that would be in the script.
 
There would also be flying on wires acts, and also some super special effects only Darth and Julie would be able to make. Serena even called and said that all the costumes were ready.
 
(The costumes in Fireball XL5 are far too difficult to explain, as the show series was in Black and white. So you'll have to use other references, much easier than I can.)
 
…everything was going to be just fine.
 
The next day
 
October 30th at last… it was only a matter of hours before the show, and the gang was sure looking beat as they sat in “Grind-me” with their coffees. “Mmm… I'll have to have at least six cups of coffee before I can wake up.” Wyatt yawned.
 
“Tell me about it.” Jen said as she rubbed her eyes. “I actually was glad to get ten minutes penalty today, it was bout the only ounce of sleep I've had all day.”
 
Nikki was already with her face down on the table and snoring. “Back off, Clones… the Khaki Barn sucks.” she muttered.
 
“Hey… at least we're all ready for the performance tonight.” Caitlin said. Everyone finally agreed on something, and just then Serena came over with Charmaine. “Hey, you guys.” she said.
 
“Hi, Serena.” Wyatt said. “So, you got the costumes?”
 
Serena and Charmaine placed down the bags they had brought. “Would we ever let you guys down?” Charmaine asked. They passed each of them one of the bags and inside were perfect costumes, exactly like in the comic.
 
“Dude.” Jude drooled.
 
“Sweet.” said Wyatt.
 
“Cute.” Jen cooed.
 
Caitlin giggled.
 
“Mmm-Mmm” Jonesy hummed.
 
“Not awful. Not awful.” Nikki said.
 
Jude also got a call from Starr, the Robot suit was all ready, and everything would work out perfectly. She didn't even mind at all that she was playing as the robot, and that she had no lines.
 
As was said, Jude was voicing the robot using a small tape recorder that Starr could operate on the inside.
 
Amelie even sent the gang some Text Messages that she had gotten her costume too, and she was waiting to try it on along with everyone else's at “Huntingtons-department.”
 
Unable to resist the urge, the gang picked up what they had and were off.
 
Later on
 
Jonesy Wyatt and Jude changed first. So the girls could use the change rooms. “Mmm… I got to say, I look pretty money in this get-up.” Jonesy said. “I feel like a real commander.”
 
“Well just remember, you're not.” Wyatt said. “I can't imagine myself taking orders from you in real life.”
 
“At least you dudes can see right.” Jude said. “I mean the outfit is cool, but these glasses make everything blurry, and their not even prescription.”
 
“Uh Jude…” Wyatt said. “You might want to consider, punching out those false lenses first.”
 
“Oh… right?”
 
They waited for a while longer, the girls were sure taking their precious time. Then suddenly. Jen, Nikki, Caitlin, and Serena burst out of their cubicles dressed in their alien outfits… growling and hissing manically.
 
The boys nearly jumped out of their costumes in sheer panic. “We surrender We give!” cried Jonesy. The girls began to laugh hysterically.
 
“You should've seen the look on your faces.” Jen laughed hard.
 
“It was totally priceless.” added Caitlin.
 
The boys got to their feet. “Bras… that was so not funny!” snarled Jude.
 
“Yeah… we weren't that sacred anyways.” snapped Wyatt, but decided not to break out into another argument, they just let it all go.
 
“Well… I think you all look just fine.” Amelie said as she came out, dressed in her costume. Everyone, even the girls were amazed at how pretty she looked in that uniform. “Whoa! Amelie you are looking Fab-u-lous!” Jonesy said. Amelie giggled, but then she noticed. “Wait… where is Mykan?”
 
Everyone was there, except me!
 
“I haven't seen him all day.” said Jude. “I think Comic Cavern's been closed all day too.”
 
Suddenly, everyone realized that in all their commotions, they had forgotten to call me and tell me things were going be all right. “Awe, no!” cried Jen. “We got to get him over here now.”
 
She dialed my number, but all she got was voice-messaging. “Ooh! He's not answering. He must still be at home.”
 
“Well let's go talk to him.” Wyatt suggested, and they all changed fast, and were off.
 
Meanwhile
 
I had been at home all day long. To afraid to go to the mall and face, my thought to be, the disappointed people who really wanted to see the show. I was petting my little beguile as I sat sadly on the sofa.
 
“Oh, Penny… What am I going to do?” I said to her. “What was I thinking, organizing something this big with so many problems?” I sighed heavily. “I let the people down… I let myself down… and worst of all… I let the guys down.”
 
I really felt like a total loser.
 
Just then… there was a knock at the door, and Penny leapt off the couch all jumpy and excited to see who it was. “Mykan… it's us.” called Jen. “Come on… open up.”
 
“No way.” I called to them. “No way am I going to the mall, not after all the trouble that I've caused.”
 
“We hear you, dude…. But you're not a loser.” Jude said.
 
“He's right, Mykan. None of it was fault at all.” added Nikki.
 
“Look, dude… just come to the mall… we got a big surprise for you.” Jonesy said.
 
I sighed, and I came out. “Oh, okay… anything to stop this nagging.” I said. I made sure Penny would be okay while I was out, and I was off with the guys, and when we got to the amusement park… I was speechless.
 
“Guys…” I peeped as I gazed around at al the wonderful set-ups and stages. “Guys… this is… incredible, but how did you do all this?”
 
They told me they had stayed all night long setting up everything they could, just for me… of course with a little enforced help from Ron. “You guys did all this for me?”
 
They all nodded, and then Serena gave me a special bag. “What's this?” I asked. “Just a little something extra… think of it as an early birthday gift.” she answered.
 
I opened the bag, and my eyes lit up. I reached down inside, and pulled out my Steve Zodiac costume. Serena had sewn and stitched it so perfectly, that nothing was out of place nor would fall out of place.
 
“Serena?” I asked. “You…”
 
She nodded. “Well… you going to just stare at it all day, go and try it on.” The others all told me to go for it, and when so… I went back stage where I could change without being seen, and when I came back out…
 
“Well… what do you think?” I asked. The girls thought I looked totally irresistible, and it sure was a nice change for me than wearing all black all the time. I even wasn't wearing my shades.
 
The guys even envied me for having the star-role… then again, it was my comic series, and at least they got to be a part of it.
 
“Well… I think you look just wonderful.” came the sweet voice of my girlfriend.
 
I turned round slowly, and I saw her “Amelie.” That costume she was wearing, she looked more beautiful than I could ever have made her character on XL5. “You look amazing.” I said to her. “My Venus of the stars.”
 
Amelie giggled.
 
“Guys… you're all the best.” I replied. “I owe you guys big time.”
 
Everyone smiled. “Never mind that, Mykan. Lets just get the show done, and be glad with it.” Wyatt said… and speaking of the show… it was only a few more hours away, just enough time to join in the regular festivities going on in the mall.