6teen Fan Fiction ❯ 7teen: Hot as a Fireball ❯ Act One: Intercepting Missile ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
(In honor of Gerry Anderson's Supermarionation series… I dedicate this)
 
CHAPTER SEVEN
 
It was only one day before Halloween officially arrived, but the way the mall was going, you'd think it had already arrived. A lot of people were dressed up in costumes and stuff.
 
The Clones were all dressed Barbie-dolls… again. “We look so hot.” cried Krissy. “I think we look hot, too.” added Kristen. “I think we look hot even more.” added Kirsten.
 
“EEE!! EEE!!”
 
Stanley was dressed-up all in black, like a ninja-burglar, and of course he was causing trouble with his pop-gun. If only it wasn't for his Yummy-Mummy who was dressed up like a very hot looking Cat-Woman… Stanley would've been pounded by someone for sure.
 
The kissing couple… well… would you believe that they went dressed as Siamese twins. (I'll bet you could guess where they were joined at… UGH… Someday… Somehow!!)
 
By quarter to 6 everyone headed to the theme-park for the show was almost ready to begin. A lot of people had brought their comic book copies of the episode we would be doing. Also reading the cast…
 
(We don't know what Amelie's real last is… or an of the other girlfriends, so I just pieced together what I thought sounded good with them.)
 
Mykan Spotswood as:
 
Col. Steve Zodiac.
 
Amelie Vireneta as:
 
Dr. Venus
 
Jude Lizoski as:
 
Prof. Matthew Matic
 
Starr Vegano as:
 
Robert the Robot. (Voiced by Jude Lizoski)
 
Jonesy Garcia as:
 
Commander. Wilbur Zero
 
Wyatt Williams as: Lt. 90
 
Jen Masterson as:
 
Space Tech. Jacqueline Campbell. (As well as other roles)
 
CO-STARRING…
 
Caitlin Cooke.
 
Nikki Wong.
 
Serena Ahmed.
 
Everyone was so excited as they piled in. The made sure to stay behind the crowd control so as not to be in the way of the performers.
 
The gang had already taken their positions, Darth and Julie were already working the lights, music, and effects, and all that remained was for the show to start.
 
Finally, the lights had dimmed out and the whole park was dark and it began to look like they were really in space. The crowd quieted down. Then the intro theme had begun, and Darth had worked the projectors showing the viewers the intro cards… and then… it was Showtime.
 
 
(Intro Theme)
 
(Projectors read: “Spotswood Comics presents”)
 
(Light focuses on Mykan and Amelie at the end of the aisle to the Roller Coaster)
 
Steve: “Okay, Venus?
 
Venus: “Okay, Steve.”
 
Steve: “Right. Let's go!”
 
 
As the music kept playing, we march proudly down the aisle passing by the wooing crowd as we made our way to the Roller-Coaster. I helped my girlfriend in first, and then I climbed in beside her.
 
The music cut out… and as the roller coaster started to move slowly along the tracks, the fog machines, and the lights inside the boosters at the back did their thing, and Julie used a real rocket engine soundtrack.
 
When we reached the top and began zooming, the Into Fanfare began playing… as the space images became deeper.
 
White letters, from the projector shone on the blackness…
 
MYKAN SPOTSWOOD
as
STEVE ZODIAC
in…
 
 
(Huge fanfare)
 
FIREBALL XL5!!
 
 
Everything went dark, an the crowd cheered wildly for the intro… and then the show continued with the very first episode I had ever made in the series. “Planet 46”
 
 
In the year 2063, the World Space Fleet is extending mankind's reach beyond the Solar System. An expanding fleet of incredible Fireball XL Spaceships lead the charge, exploring the vast reaches of space where races inhabit distant planets.
 
 
A small section of the stage lit up, and Jonesy and Wyatt could be seen with Jen in the control room of Space-City.
 
 
(Jonesy stares at the radar)
 
Com. Zero: “Lieutenant. 90, send out a general alert. This is an emergency.”
 
Lt. 90: “Yes, Sir.” (Speaks into the P.A) “World Space Patrol headquarters, Space-City, call all Earth tracking stations. Emergency, Priority-one. Stand by! Repeat; Stand by!”
 
(Radios beep and buzz)
 
“What do you make of it, Sir?”
 
Com. Zero: “As I feared Lieutenant. 90; it's a missile.”
 
Lt. 90: “And according to the computer, it's carrying a Planetomic-bomb. That's means it's strong enough to destroy the whole Earth!”
 
(Dramatic music as everyone sees the missile overhead)
 
Jacqueline: (Scottish accent) “Hootmun… we can't just let that overgrown silo hit us now. What can we do, man?”
 
Com. Zero: “Lieutenant. 90! Check the position of the missile, and then instruct one of our nearest patrol-ships to intercept it.”
 
Lt. 90: “All set with that check, Sir.”
 
(Space-map lights up)
 
Com. Zero: “Hmm. Sector-25? That's Fireball XL5, Steve Zodiac.”
 
(Blacks out… and everyone sees the ship model in the air)
 
 
Other sections of the stage lit up, and Darth's projector was making it looking like the stars were moving past us all.
 
 
Steve: “Well Robert… we're on our way home at last.”
 
(Jude's Voice on tape): “On our way home! On our way home! On our way home.”
 
Steve: “Heh. Gee, I keep forgetting, you're only a robot.” (Speaks into radio) “Say, Venus… How's our beautiful Doctor of space-medicine?”
 
 
Amelie was wearing a white bathrobe over her costume, her hair all bundled up tight in back, and wearing fake glasses, as she mixed some liquids.”
 
Venus: “I gather by zee compliment, Steve, that you want something to eat. I'm preparing a meal right now.”
 
Steve: “I just adore you're French-cooking. What's on the menu today? Blue pills, pink pills or those delicious capsules that you make up? Boy will I sure glad to get back to Earth to have a steak.”
 
(Speaks into Radio again) “Calling Navigation-Bay. Say, Professor. Matic, how are doing? Are we on schedule?”
 
Matic: “Uh, well Steve… we're approaching positions 15-Zero-Blue, and I'm registering… Minus-forting-G from the Moon.”
 
“Forting-G from the Moon? Why, that can only mean one thing…”
 
Steve: “Well, what is it, Professor?”
 
Matic: “Heh-heh! It's time to eat.”
 
Steve: “Heh. Say, you gave me a scare. I thought it was something important. Ah well… not much longer now.”
 
(Radio bleeps)
 
90 :(Over Radio) Space-City to Fireball. Planetomic-Missile approaching Earth. Position: 24-Zero-Red. Intercept! Repeat; intercept!”
 
Steve: “Go-XL5.”
 
(Sounds alert-buzzer)
 
“Abandon routine-procedure. Intercepting enemy-missile. Arming all warheads, and awaiting course instructions.”
 
 
Amelie removed her bathrobe, and glasses. Then let her hair fall loose. The crowd thought she looked real hot in her uniform as she walked over towards me in the cockpit.
 
 
Venus: “Steve, where is zee missile `eading?”
 
Steve: “According to Space-City, it's heading towards Earth. We've got to stop it Venus, it's carrying a Planetomic-Warhead.”
 
Venus: “A Planetomic-Warhead?! Why, Steve… that's a-million times more powerful that a `ydrogen-bomb.”
 
Steve: “That's right. Our only chance to explode it in space, as far away from Earth as possible. The Professor's already tracking the missile, and should have the position ready for me.”
 
Venus: “Right, Steve. I'll go right away to `elp `im.”
 
Steve: “Okay, Venus. Good shooting.”
 
Matic: “Steve… steer, 184-Zero-Blue.”
 
Steve: “Roger! All warheads go. Robert, Fire starburt-thrusters!”
 
Robert: “Roger!”
 
(The ship model fires its Rockets and gains on the missile.)
 
Steve: “Okay, Professor, we're on course and maximum speed.”
 
Matic: “All right, Steve. I'm switching to Radar-Telescope. Radar-Telescope, Venus!”
 
Venus: “Radar-Telescope, operating.”
 
Matic: “I've got it!” (Screen lights up) “Range: 24-25.”
 
“Steve… we'll have to fire the interceptors at maximum range. This way we'll be clear of the radiation after the explosion.”
 
Steve: “Roger, Professor. Robert, prepare forward interceptors!”
 
Robert: “Roger.”
 
(Torpedo's armed and ready)
 
Meanwhile… Wyatt and Jonesy could see the whole thing.
 
 
Com Zero: “Fireball XL5 is dead on target!”
 
 
(Both the missile and ship models move closer together)
 
Steve: “How're we doing, Professor?”
 
Matic: “In range now, Steve. Stand-by with the interceptors.”
 
Steve: “Standing by.”
 
Matic: “Range: 2400. G-Rate-2.”
 
Venus: “Range: 2400. G-Rate-2.”
 
Matic: “Master-Guidance-System: U-H-F.”
 
Venus: “Master-Guidance-System: U-H-F.”
 
Matic: “Ten seconds….”
 
Venus: “Ten seconds, Steve.”
 
Steve: “Roger. Standing-by to fire.”
 
Matic: “Master-Guidance-System: U-H-F.”
 
Venus: “Six seconds to go. Five. Four. Three. Two. One. Zero, and Go!”
 
(Torpedo fires… and explodes before impact)
 
Steve: “What's happened, Professor? The interceptor exploded before it reached the target.”
 
Matic: “It was exploded by radio-waves. There must be a crew on-board that thing.”
 
Steve: “Yeah, a suicide-crew.”
 
(Dramatic music)
 
“Prepare interceptor-2, Robert!”
 
Robert: “Roger… interceptor-2.”
 
(Torpedo armed and ready)
 
Matic: “Venus, switch on the jamming-gear.”
 
Venus: “Will do, Professor.”
 
Matic: “Ten seconds....”
 
(Torpedo fires… and the missile Explodes)
 
 
The whole arena lit up in bight lights to simulate the explosion. This awed the crowd big time.
 
 
Lt. 90: “He's done it, Sir.”
 
Com. Zero: “Nice work, Steve. You okay?”
 
Steve: (Over Radio) “Fine, Commander. What now?”
 
Com. Zero: “Steve, our computers have traced the source of the missile to Planet-46, Sector-25. Looks like it's your baby. Good luck Steve.”
 
 
Steve: “Roger. Setting course for Planet-46 to investigate.”
 
“Say, how about some coffee, Venus. I guess we've earned it.”
 
(Musical background as the stage blacks out, and the ship model flies away)
 
 
The music faded out, and the stage lit up again, showing all three of us, except for Starr in her Robot costume, in the lounge, resting on the sofas.
 
 
Steve: “I sure am glad I've got Robert as a co-pilot.”
 
Venus: “'Ow long will it be, Steve, before we arrive at Planet-46?”
 
Matic: “Uh, quite a few days yet, Venus. I suggest that we rest all we can. We don't what's in store for us when we arrive.”
 
Steve: “Say, how about that coffee?”
 
Venus: “Oh, gee. I'm sorry, I'm a Tooty. I almost forgot.”
 
(Pressed a button, and the coffee pops up through the table)
 
 
Quiet soft music played as the characters and myself went off to bed. Who knew what would be there for us on Planet-46?
 
TO BE CONTINUED