6teen Fan Fiction ❯ 7teen: Jumpin' Jealousy ❯ Crazy Jude and Crazy girls ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER THREE
 
The hurricane was really getting bad, the crowds had already fled, one of the skaters got hurt when the wind crept up on him and ruined his routine. “I will skate again!” he promised.
 
Poor Jude hated to see the guy in such bad shape, and he felt even worse by the fact that he didn't get a chance to have his turn in the finals. He continued to gaze out at skate-course… through the pouring rains and the savage winds.
 
He gazed at his fellow competitors, and the guy who got hurt. Jude began to realize that storm was causing all this grief, and he was not a dude to let anything push him around. He grabbed his board and marched for the tunnel walkway.
 
“Jude…? Where are you going?” asked one of the MC's. Jude didn't answer, and he didn't have too as everyone could see he was planning to ride the course in all that chaos. “Jude…!”
 
“JUDE…!”
 
“ARE YOU CRAZY…?”
 
The camera-men weren't really given any instructions, and decided to flick on the cameras. The rains and winds made it hard to see, but this was too exciting and scary to miss up.
 
 
Meanwhile, back the mall… Wyatt and his band were relived to have heard the news earlier, that they'd be going on their trip after all, but they still had to perform their concert in the atrium anyways…
 
The gang and I were in the front row, and so was Serena, but she was sill a little sour about what I had done, but she was more angry at the way many girls in the crowd cheered for Wyatt.
 
When the last song had finished, the girls in the crowd went so wild that they immediately began to jump out from their seats and dash towards the band. “CRAZED MOB…!” cried Wyatt!
 
“RUN…!” cried Greg.
 
The band ditched their instruments and dashed through he mall. They even decided to scatter so as not to create an easy target for those screaming fans. Still, a lot of the girls seemed to go after Wyatt, who was now running as fast as his legs could go. “Feet don't fail me now!” he cried.
 
He dashed all the way down the corridors, up the stairs until “Uh-oh! Dead-end!” He was bumped right into Comic-Cavern which had been closed, since the concert began and the fans watching the skate-off left.
 
The girls now had Wyatt cornered, with heart's in their eyes. Wyatt felt like a poor sap being surrounded by zombies. “Oh, man… why me?” he cried. Suddenly, the gates opened slightly and I grabbed Wyatt by the arm and pulled him into my store. The gate then closed the gate behind them.
 
 
Wyatt never felt so relieved, but he was out of breath. Luckily Caitlin had stopped at “Grind-me” and got coffees for everyone. Serena was with us too, but this whole thing was my idea… I had a feeling something like this was going to happen to Wyatt.
 
“How do you feel now, Wyatt?” asked Jen.
 
Wyatt sipped his coffee, “Whew… I feel much better now.” then he gazed at his girlfriend, “But you and I need to talk, Serena.”
 
Serena turned to face him, “Well I hope it's about changing music-gigs…?”
 
Wyatt shook his head, “Actually, its about changing locations.” He was referring to the fact that was still with going to North Edmonton tomorrow. “Wyatt… no… you can't.” Serena said.
 
Wyatt calmed her down, “Serena look… the guys told me about everything, so I guess I can understand why you interfered in my music-career.”
 
“Ah…?” Serena stood up, “I did not interfere I just--”
 
“Yes you did, Serena…” Jonesy cut in, “You interfered.”
 
Serena scoffed, “That's a girlfriends right, Jonesy. If I think my boyfriend is being stalked by girls, or going to cheat on me, I'm gonna do something about it.”
 
“Aww for crying out loud, Serena.” I said to her, “Your boyfriend is almost young-man now, and he can make his own decisions and go places without someone holding his hand.”
 
Serena folded her arms and pursed her lips. “Uh… excuse me…” Wyatt said. “Can I finish saying what I was going to say…?”
 
The rest of us nodded out heads, “Go ahead, Wyatt.” said Caitlin.
 
Wyatt sat down next to Serena, and explained that it was obvious that there were going to be crazed girls no matter where he and his band performed their music. “Just me stepping outside is taking a risk.”
 
Serena sighed, “I know…but what are you getting at?”
 
Wyatt explained to Serena that he played music to share it with everyone. That was what a band was all about. “So I want to do my thing… and make people happy, but there's something I need more than just practice and preparing.”
 
“What's that…?” Serena asked.
 
Wyatt held her hands, “I need you to stop worrying about me. You don't have to get jealous. I would never cheat on you, and you know that.”
 
Serena realized Wyatt was right. She really was acting like a crazed mother overprotecting her child. She and Wyatt got back together through trust as well as romance… so she knew she had to let him go his own way.
 
“You're right Wyatt.” she said, “I'm sorry…”
 
Wyatt hugged his girlfriend tightly and they shared a soft kiss. “I got to go find the band, we have to regroup.” Then he left… it was a good thing the crowd of girls were gone.
 
Serena got up, and cast a shameful look at the rest of us. “You guys were right…” she replied. “I shouldn't have interfered.”
 
We all decided to let her off. She learned her lesson. Suddenly, however, Caitlin realized, “Hey… what about the Skate-off?”
 
My head snapped up, and I turned on the picture-screen. What we saw nearly made us all want to faint. Jude was all wrapped in bandages and on a stretcher as he was being taken to the hospital… but also holding the 1st-place trophy in his free, un-injured left arm.
 
When we listened to the reports and watch the replays we saw that Jude had defied all safety and challenged the hurricane just to avenge his fallen competitors. The MC's had tears to shed.
 
“You'll forgive an old guy for cryin' but… in all my years on the skateboard I've never… seen such honor… in all my life! GOOD SHOW, JUDE!
 
Jude lifted up his trophy for everyone to see, he earned it not as a symbol of his victory. It was merely an honorary award for dare-deviling… but then again, who cared?