6teen Fan Fiction ❯ 7teen: Jumpin' Jealousy ❯ Harsh conditions ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER TWO
 
The next day, we all got up early so we could get to the mall in time to see Wyatt off on his trip, but to our surprise, Wyatt's band wasn't there, and the bus didn't seem to come for a long time. “What's going on here…?” asked Jen.
 
“Uh… we're all just standing out here at the mall entrance, doing nothing.” Nikki joked, but the rest of us didn't seem amused. Just then, Wyatt came along with no suitcase in his hands at all, and he looked really mad.
 
“Wyatt…?” I asked. “Where are you're bags?”
 
“At home…” Wyatt said sounding down.
 
We each gazed a look of concern at each other, “Well how do you expect to go on your trip without your luggage?” asked Caitlin.
 
“Well I won't know…” replied Wyatt, “Because I'm not going!”
 
“WHAT…?!” the rest of us shouted.
 
Wyatt explained how his band-manager called and said the band had been reassigned to doing a normal concert here at the mall instead. We all found hat to be confusing and shocking. “No way…” said Jonesy, “Why did this all happen?”
 
Wyatt had no idea. “I don't know… and right now I gotta' go practice, the show's this afternoon.” Then he was gone, into the mall. “Wyatt's gig got relocated?” asked Caitlin.
 
Something didn't add up here. “I think I'll go give Wyatt's manager a call.” I said. Then I headed inside. The others also realized that the skate-off was today, and at least they all had some time off work, but knowing that I was busy, Nikki decided to let the gang watch the show in the Khaki-barn storeroom.
 
 
The skate-off was well underway, and the host was pretty much an okay guy, but a little geeky. There was, however, something concerning everyone…
 
The competition and course was held outdoors. It was windy, and the clouds were coming in, but everyone just ignored it; hoping it was nothing to be that concerned with.
 
There many contestants participating, all had been training hard for this match, and were now prepping their boards, and doing some final stretching. Some of the players even got interviewed by the camera-men, and Jude was one of them…
 
 
At the mall, a lot of people were tuned into the network to see the show and cheered for joy when he was on. “Greetings dudes, and lady-dudes. I just have a few things I'd like to say…”
 
The music started to play, and Jude made one of his inspirational speeches…
 
“To me, and to others--skateboarding is not just a sport. It is not just a hobby, nor a simple form of exercise. It is, in fact… a way of life, and it should not be take too lightly.
 
“If I'm a dude who has no license, or has no car, no money for the bus, and no one else I can rely on to give me a lift to get where I need to go. Do I stay at home and sulk? No! I just hope on my skateboard and ride.”
 
“Sure it takes me a lot longer than it would if I had a ride, and my legs and body get extremely tired… but in the end… it was wall worth it just to ride… MY SKATEBOARD!”
 
Everyone at the mall, as well as those at the skate-off cheered and wiped tears from their eyes. “That's our Jude…” said Jonesy. “Always hits you in the heart.”
 
Jude then replied with, “Oh, and to my girlfriend, Starr… I hope your watchin' this babe, cause' I'm doing it for you.” And he blew a kiss at the camera… while Starr, at Vegan-Island, actually placed her lips on the screen. “Go get'em Jude.”
 
 
Just then, I came into the Khaki-Barn storeroom, with a sour look on my face. “Hey, guys… guess what I just found out about Wyatt's gig.” I said to the others, and when I told them what I had learned…
 
We decided to pay a visit to “Spin-This” A certain somebody needed a good talk or two…!
 
 
At Spin-This… Wyatt and his band were in the sound-proof room, and tuned into the radio. “At least somebody's having a good time.” Wyatt sighed.
 
The rest of the members of his band; Josie the drummer. Greg, on keyboard, and Tyrone on second-guitar… they were all pretty upset about their gig being canceled too. “I just wish I knew why our gig was canceled.” said Greg.
 
“Ditto…” added Josie, “I promised all my cousin I'd bring her back a souvenir from North Edmonton.”
 
“Never mind that you guys…” Wyatt said, “What's done is done, and we can't do much about it.”
 
Tyrone knew Wyatt was right. “Come on… we better get over to the stage. The concert's in an hour.”
 
As the band filed out form the room, Serena was stacking some CDs on the shelf when she saw Wyatt. Deep down, she felt a little bad about what she had to do, “Trust me Wyatt… it's for your own good.” she thought to herself.
 
 
Over the next while, people were still watching the skate-off, and would you believe it… Jude actually made it to the final five after a brutal set of rounds of tricks, racing, pretty much all the things you could do with a skateboard.
 
However, from the looks of things, the winds were starting to become more savage, and it was growing darker with all those clouds, and right when the second contestant started his routine performance on the skate-course… BOOM! Lightning and thunder shook the skies and the rains started pouring hard.
 
Then the picture faded, “We interrupt this program for a very important news flash on Hurricane Hang-ten.”
 
Everyone in the mall was worried out of their skulls. A hurricane that huge was most likely to cause a lot of trouble… maybe even a few deaths to skaters?
 
 
Wyatt and his gang, who were busy setting up the stage in the main atrium heard the news. “I hope Jude's okay.”
 
 
Serena was also very worried, as she sat in the sound-proof room with her portable-TV. That's when the door opened and the gang and I walked in with sour looks on our faces. “There she is…” Jen said deeply.
 
Serena looked up, “Oh, guys I'm so glad you're here.”
 
“Serena…” Jonesy said, “We need to talk.”
 
“I know… have guys heard the news?”
 
Nikki sighed and turned off the TV, “Yeah, yeah—we heard about the hurricane hitting the skate-off, and we're worried about Jude.”
 
“But, Serena--” Caitlin cut in, “We need to talk about Wyatt.”
 
Serena's expression changed, and I paced back and forth by her. “You know—This morning, Wyatt was very upset about his trip being canceled, and his band having been relocated to the mall.”
 
“So I called up Wyatt's band-manager and talked about it…”
 
Serena's eyes widened nervously, “You did?”
 
“Yes… I did!” I glared at her. “And imagine my surprise, not to mention embarrassment… when I found out the reason Wyatt's band was relocated was because you requested it”
 
Serena now looked a little cross, she stood up and told us why she did what she did. “I don't want other girls to flirt with my boyfriend, and I waned to be able to keep an eye on him.”
 
“Aw, Serena…” snapped Jen, “You interfered in Wyatt's music career, and his life—Again!”
 
“No I didn't!” Serena protested, “I made sure he wouldn't cheat on me.”
 
“You embarrassed him, and us… again!” growled Jonesy.
 
“I protected him!”
 
“WHAT YOU DID… Serena… was wrong!” Nikki almost shouted.
 
A brief moment of silence followed, and then I broke the silence telling everyone that I already took care of things. “How…?” Serena asked.
 
I explained that I talked to Wyatt's manager, “And he's already fixed it. First thing tomorrow morning… Wyatt and his band will be on the bus to North Edmonton, and under no circumstances is anyone permitted to interfere again.”
 
Serena looked like she was ready to sock me in the face. “Mykan-- if that happens, you're going to be on the bus to the graveyard!” she huffed and stomped out of the room. “Touchy…” I said.