6teen Fan Fiction ❯ 7teen: Midnightmania ❯ Squabbles and Sadness ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER ONE
 
It was still late in the morning, and yet already there was so much bustling around the mall with everyone planning their parties…
 
Christo and Blade of course were having one of their traditional chick-fests, and inviting all they thought were cool. Others were planning normal parties, while Darth and Julie were planning a party that consisted mainly of watching Sc-fi movies, and trading Sc-fi collectibles…
 
It was amazing, they had changed on the outsides; Darth was buffed, clean face, no braces or glasses, and Julie had longer hair, no braces, no more cold and sinus trouble, and a Wonder-Taco mask instead of a hat… but yet they were always the same on the inside…
 
Yet on the TV screens at “Stereo-Shack”, where Darth and Julie were having some alone time, there were news reports about scattered snow-blizzards around the globe. Canada was fortunately enough not to be hit by a single one, but other areas of the world were due for record breaking snowfalls, and winds… “Among some of the countries due to be hit are England… bits of North-Eastern Africa… and France.”
 
 
At the Lemon, Jonesy and Jen were still so excited about the new years party allowed to be held at their place… but as soon as Jen immediately started to assume the role of the party-planner, “We'll need snack-tables, cool music, wicked movies, and…”
 
“Uh, I don't think so…” Jonesy said as he took her clipboard away from his step-sister. “If anyone's going to lead this thing, it's yours truly.”
 
“Hey… what makes you think you're going to be in charge?”
 
“Because I asked my dad, and I went to the trouble to make sure the party could happen. I deserve to be in charge. I'm a natural leader.”
 
“Dude…” Jude said with nearly a chuckle, “You couldn't even play Follow the leader in kindergarten without screwin' it up.”
 
The others all shared a small laugh, but Jonesy just rolled his eyes and sighed with a grunt. “Look, why can't you both just take sides running the show?” Wyatt suggested, “You both own the place…”
 
“Me work with her…?” Jonesy asked.
 
“Oh, no way…!” Jen snapped. “No way, do I trust Jonesy to botch-up another new years eve party.”
 
“Name one time I ever botched the new years parties…” Jonesy demanded.
 
“Hmm… let's see…” Nikki said as she pointed out all his faults. “You tried sabotaging other people's parties.... Inviting hot girls to your place… You threw a party and got caught and grounded…”
 
Even though he felt embarrassed by being proved wrong, Jonesy simply said, “I said… name one thing.”
 
His girlfriend rolled her eyes.
 
“Come on you guys, we can't be mad at each other on New Years Eve.” Caitlin said. “The last thing we all need is to start a new year on everyone's bad sides.”
 
“She's got a point.” Wyatt said. “I'm out of here; I'm going to ask Serena if she can come to the party.”
 
“And I'm going to ask Starr the same…” Jude said before hopping on his skateboard. “Later…” and he was gone.
 
Just then, Caitlin's cell-phone began to ring. “Hello…?” and the she gasped excitedly. “Steve! I've been waiting to hear from you…”
 
Jen, Jonesy, and Nikki huddled close. “What's Caitlin acting all mushy for?” Jonesy asked.
 
“Don't tell me…” Nikki cut in, “She's got a new boyfriend…?”
 
Jen nodded, “It's the new guy, Steve... He works as a fountain cleaner at the mall. He makes sure the water is clean, and he scoops out all the coins and gives them to the poor.”
 
The others sighed, if there was one thing Caitlin loved doing, it was helping to feed the homeless… either that or she was just putting on a charade to gain Steve's interest.
 
Suddenly, Caitlin began to shriek wildly again. “EEE… hmm, mm, mm…! Steve wants to be my escort to the party tonight.” she explained to the others. “And he's going to take me shopping for a new party outfit tonight.”
 
“Uh… you really won't need a party-outfit Caitlin.” Jen told her… “It's just a new year's party, not a sweet sixteen.”
 
Suddenly, Jonesy had the idea, “Oh yes we can…”
 
“Excuse me…?” Nikki asked.
 
“We can all wear new party outfits, and the one with the coolest wins a whole cake to themselves.”
 
Nikki and Caitlin couldn't argue with that, but Jen, “Wait a minute… who said we need to give out prizes for the way people look?”
 
“Me actually…” her stepbrother cut in. “Besides… maybe it'll attract more people into wanting to come.”
 
In less than a few seconds, they were both quarreling again leading Caitlin and Nikki to head off to the Khaki-Bark to Caitlin could shop for her new outfit. “I'd rather hear the Clones scream than those two.” Nikki muttered.
 
The two girls left, leaving Jen and Jonesy still squabbling…
 
Meanwhile
 
Wyatt met up with Serena at “Spin-This” and she was defiantly up for the party tonight. “Don't worry… I promise… Chad won't be in the picture this time.” She just had to say.
 
Her boyfriend chuckled softly as he shook his head. “You always have to remind me about that?”
 
Suddenly, both their smiles began to fade as they kept having flashbacks of their hard times together, including Serena being horribly meaner to Wyatt than he was to her…
 
The way she broke up with him on Text-Message. She fired him, and tried to restrain on him, and then followed him around with more tales of her and Chad. Then on New Years they came so close to getting back together… when Chad called at the last minute sending a knife into Wyatt's heart.
 
Then Wyatt broke up with Marlowe, and she moved away to America. Then shortly after the evil Zombites nearly destroyed the mall, Chad moved away. It was hard to think that a cute couple like Wyatt and Serena were able to keep together after so much stress and hardships…
 
They were both feeling really low with themselves now. “Uh… I guess I'll see you tonight?” Wyatt asked.
 
“Hmm…? Oh, yeah… sure… tonight…” she answered.
 
Wyatt walked out of the store with his shoulders slumped forward and a little tear slid down Serena's cheek.