6teen Fan Fiction ❯ 7teen: Midnightmania ❯ From worse to Way Worse ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER TWO
 
“Welcome to the Khaki-Barn…”
 
The clones just wouldn't stop gossiping over how cute the new outfits for the New Year looked. “Ooh… just look at this cute blue-top.” Kristen squealed. “It would so match with this blue windbreaker.”
 
“Ooh… and this pink jacket would really make the blue stand-out.” added Kirsten.
 
Krissy got an idea. “Hey… how about we spend new years even organizing the New Year's inventory while watching surfer-movies.”
 
“EEE…EEE…!”
 
Nikki was just disgusted as she unplugged her ears. “Ugh… suddenly, I'm not so sure coming here was a great idea after all.” she moaned.
 
Caitlin, who was changing in the fitting-room, said “Oh come on… you were the one who wanted to get away from Jen and Jonesy's arguing.”
 
Nikki sighed, “Duly noted…”
 
Just then, Caitlin came out dressed in a completely new outfit. A top that strongly resembled the one she had with the glass beads, only this one was red, and the beads formed the shape of a heart instead of a star.
 
She wore a perfect matching jean-skirt, and new high-heels. She even pinned back her long blonde hair into curls in the back of her head. “Whoa… I am like so jealous.” Kristen said.
 
“I'm even more jealous...” added Kirsten.
 
“I'm jealousier even more…” cried Krissy.
 
Nikki smacked her head, “Okay first off…“jealousier” isn't a word… and two, if you don't stop shrieking, I am so going to go berserk.” The Clones hated it when Nikki went berserk, and decided to split. “Ugh… finally…!”
 
Caitlin couldn't stop eyeing herself in the mirror. “Ooh… I look so hot.” she giggled at her reflection. “Do you think Steve will like me in this?”
 
“I don't know, how about we find out.” said a voice from behind. Caitlin and Nikki looked round and both of them gasped at what they saw. A tall handsome-pretty guy with short brown hair, and in the front of his T-shirt was a message that read, “Help feed the homeless.”
 
“Steve!” Caitlin cried, “Hey…”
 
Nikki could see why Caitlin would be crushing on a guy like him… a guy who's cute and nice was hard to come across these days. She would know being with Jonesy and all.
 
Steve got a good look at Caitlin from head to toe. “Mmm-mm…! Pretty as a girl who bought brand new clothes with donation money.”
 
Caitlin wasn't sure how to take that, so she just grinned, giggled softly, and fluttered her eyelids. Steve decided, “Well, how about a little lunch before the big party tonight?” he asked.
 
Caitlin felt like she was going to faint, “Lunch… you me? Sure.” and she left with Steve arm-in-arm. Nikki secretly thought that like all boys Caitlin had dated before, this one wouldn't last long…
 
Still… seeing her with Steve gave her the thought of having a last lunch-date of the year with Jonesy… but when she called his cell, he didn't answer, and that was so not like for Jonesy to ignore a call. She kept trying but with no results.
 
She tried calling Jen instead, but just like Jonesy she too wasn't answering. She couldn't help but figure, and when she got back to the Lemon it was true… THEY WERE STILL AT IT!
 
“When it comes to throwing parties we should put you as a pitcher!” Jen snarled. “You throw the part right out the door.”
 
“Oh yeah…? Well you don't actually throw a happy-time yourself!” argued Jonesy, “You make so many last minute changes and don't tell anyone until it's too late!”
 
“What is that supposed to mean…?!”
 
Finally, Ron showed up. “What's going on here?!” he shouted, but strange enough, Jonesy and Jen were too wrapped up in their own argument to even notice he was there, and soon hauling them off to his office for disturbing the peace.
 
“O-kay then… angry-much...” Nikki decided take a solo lunch-break, alone; A much wiser idea.
 
 
It was there at “El-Sporto's” that she met up with Wyatt, who was looking pretty bummed, and when she asked why, “Wait… don't tell me… you and Serena were having bad memories again.”
 
Wyatt nodded. “I've tried coffee, music, and now this meat-hearty lunch, but I just can't get out of the blues.” he said. “I'm starting to think that maybe I can't handle the party tonight.”
 
When Nikki told him about how Jen and Jonesy got hauled off by Ron. “Like there's even going to be a party anymore.”
 
Just then, they both heard loud gurgling noises, but they new it wasn't either of them. They both weren't that hungry as they had already started eating their food, and even if they hadn't, their stomachs never ever growled like that.
 
“It's coming from that other table…” said Wyatt. He and Nikki gazed over and saw Jude and Starr sitting over a ton of empty dishes, and heir bellies were a little bulged out. They moaned slightly as their over-full stomachs growled, and they belched and… even farted a bit.
 
“I guess… we pigged out a bit too much.” Jude groaned.
 
Starr nodded her head, and then belched. “Whoa… I think I must've like eaten all the vegetables they had in the kitchen.” and she belched again.
 
Nikki and Wyatt covered their noses. “Boy… you guys sure partied out.” Wyatt said.
 
Even though it looked like the party probably would be canceled, Nikki had to ask. “Do you think you guys can still make it tonight?”
 
Jude farted again. “Dude… how do I put this delicately…?” he said. “If Starr and I try to party tonight.” He paused as his stomach growled, and he belched and farted at the same time. “Something nasty's gonna come out of both ends…”
 
Nikki and Wyatt both felt grossed out, and then things were about to go from worse to way-worse Nikki noticed Jude's laptop was open and Jude was in contact with me over the webcam. “Jude…?” I called. “Jude…?”
 
Nikki picked up the laptop. “Mykan…? What's going on?” she asked me.
 
“Jude put me on hold but he never got back to me.” I answered.
 
Wyatt walked over. “Listen… how much longer is it going to take for you guys to reach Canada?” he asked.
 
I was silent for a moment, and that's when Amelie decided to tell them. “There is one little problem.” She said nervously. “You see… we `aven't even left zee airport yet.”
 
“What…?” cried Wyatt. “But why…?”
 
I turned the webcam and poised it to a window in the lobby. “See for yourself…” All Wyatt and Nikki could see was a killer snow-storm, one of the many scattered blizzards the weather reports had warned about. “All the flights have been delayed. We can't go anywhere in this weather, but if we don't leave here soon… we'll be lucky if can get there by midnight tomorrow evening.”
 
“I don't think I'm going to make it guys…”
 
“Guys…? Anyone there…?”
 
Nikki and Wyatt were just horrified. Jen and Jonesy couldn't stop arguing, Jude and Starr were sick, and Serena and Wyatt were down in the dumps…
 
Some Happy New year this was turning out to be.