6teen Fan Fiction ❯ 7teen: Midnightmania ❯ Hug and Make up. ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER THREE
 
Way past noon, and already less than twelve hours before the New Year, and where were Jonesy and Jen…? They were sitting in Ron's detention cell. Jen had her head pressed up against the bars, while Jonesy was on the bench playing annoying songs on his harmonica.
 
“Ugh… give me that!” Jen snarled as she wretched the harmonica out of his hands.
 
“Hey…!” he snapped at his step-sister.
 
“Do you mind…? You're giving me a headache!”
 
“Oh you should talk…!” Jonesy spat at her, “You've been giving me a headache all day because once again you butt your big nose into other people's fields, and make a mess of everything.”
 
Jen gasped hard, finally… something inside of her snapped, “Why you--” and she lunged at him, grabbing his neck. Jonesy gagged and coughed as he tried to breathe and then slammed his hands over Jen's face squeezing it hard.
 
Ron could see the whole thing from his chair, and as much as it was entertaining him, he blew his whistle hard to break them up. “All right you maggots… THAT'S ALL!” he bellowed. Jen and Jonesy stayed exactly where they were. His hands still crushing her face and her hands still choking his neck…
 
Ron decided that they obviously wee having another case of sibling-rivalry. “I've seen many of those in old war days…” he said.
 
He remembered some of his fellow comrades were brothers, and they used to fight each other more than their enemy. “In the end… it was their own problems that did them in.”
 
KABOOM… a missile took them off the field.
 
It happened to his buddies, and Ron wasn't about to let this happen again. “All right punks, ATEN-HUT…!”
 
Jonesy and Jen finally stood upright. “If you maggots want to get out of here in time, you'll exactly as I tell you too. Do I make myself clear?”
 
Jonesy and Jen nodded softly, and before long, Ron sat them down to make sure that he got both sides of the stories, which meant neither one was ton interrupt the other until one story was finished.
 
Sadly, from all the quarreling Jonesy and Jen still did by interrupting each other, Ron could tell… “This could take a while…”
 
Meanwhile
 
Caitlin was treated to an expensive four-star lunch at one of the new restaurants in the mall, “The Grand Dish” Their prices were through the roof, Caitlin almost couldn't believe that Steve had the money to afford it, and plenty more to get Caitlin a gift for new years…
 
A beautiful silver pendant with the New Year carved into the front. Caitlin felt like a princess in love, and not with her jewelry. “Where did you get the money to buy all this?” she asked Steve.
 
“Oh, I make a fine allowance…” he answered her. “I save up a bit from my small Odd-Jobs work… and I…” he paused. “Well… I…”
 
“What…? Go on you can tell me. I can take it.” Caitlin said as she took a sip from her iced-tea. Steve still felt nervous, and then blurted out, “I borrowed da little from the donation boxes…”
 
As was expected, Caitlin spit out her drink like a geyser. She coughed a little, “What was that?” she said almost sounding horrified. “You borrowed money from your own donation box?”
 
“Well… yeah…” Steve said. “IW anted to treat you to this lunch, but I didn't have enough money.”
 
“That money was supposed to go towards the poor…!” Caitlin said sternly.
 
“Well yeah… and I myself was slightly poor.” replied Steve. “There's no need to grouch at me, I can make up for It.” but Caitlin had already gotten up and left. “Caitlin…?”
 
“And to think… I really thought he was going to be “The one” she muttered to herself as she stomped through the mall.
 
 
She got back to the Lemon, and Nikki had to question, “So… I take it things didn't go to well with you and Steve.”
 
“Humph…!” Caitlin grunted. “Anyone who steals from the donation-boxes for the poor has got to be greedy, and I don't like greedy guys.”
 
Nikki however had a feeling that what Steve did was innocent, after all… a little bit of cash for yourself never hurt too much, and it wasn't as if the money could've been made up for… but she decided to leave it be… she knew Caitlin would soon learn her lesson.
 
“Can we focus on the other problem at hand here..?” Nikki said.
 
Caitlin was confused, until Nikki explained of what was going on. Caitlin gasped almost in horror. “But we've got to have this party tonight. I really need to hang with you guys after a break up.”
 
“Yeah right… easier said than done.” Nikki said. “If Jonesy and Jen don't get it together soon we may as well just blow it off.”
 
 
Jonesy and Jen were still in the detention cell, and Ron had finally just finished a long list of their many issues. “All right you lousy kids listen-up.” he growled at them. “I've never seen such disruptions like this in all my years of… well… you get the idea… and I think there's only one way for you two to straight out.”
 
All went quiet for a moment, and then Ron said. “You two are going to hug each other right here, right now.”
 
“WHAT…?!” Jonesy snapped.
 
“No way…!” added Jen.
 
“Oh yes way.” replied Ron. “You're going to hug, and you're going to remind yourselves about how much deep down inside you care for one another; and you're not leaving here until I see it for myself… GOT THAT?!”
 
Jonesy and Jen shivered slightly at the sound of Ron's roaring voice… they secretly wished I was there to pull a prank on him… but I wasn't, so they had no choice. “Aw, man… I'm just glad no one can see this.” Jonesy muttered.
 
Jen just sighed… “Come on… let's get this over with…”
 
Jonesy nodded and wrapped his arms around his step-sister, and held her closed as Ron had instructed. Then Jen rested her head on Jonesy's chest and laid her arms upon his back…
 
Suddenly, they both lost all previous feelings of rage, and hate towards each other, and began to feel warmer, lighter…
 
They even began to have flashback of their childhoods, back when they were kinder, and more helpful to one another.
 
In kindergarten, Jen gave Jonesy that extra boost up he needed to sneak a cookie from the class cookie-jar.
 
In first-grade Jonesy stood up for Jen when she was being picked on by older kids.
 
As they grew older, Jen actually helped Jonesy study for tests that he wasn't so good at…
 
Jonesy was even there to help Jen when she fell off her roller-skates and hurt herself.
 
 
No matter how much Jen and Jonesy would change, their pasts could never be denied. They did love each other deep down, and in some sense were grateful to be step-siblings.
 
Their hug became deeper and they apologized for being mean to each other. “Maybe we could… both plan the party.” Jen suggested.
 
“Just what I was going to say… and don't worry, I'm not going to make it a chick-house.” Jonesy said.
 
Ron was pleased by what he saw. “I'm so clever that sometimes… I amaze myself.” he said proudly to himself. “You're both free to go… this time.” He said as he let Jonesy and Jen out of the cell.
 
Then he sat back down at his desk and began to read the new play-dude-magazines of the New Year. “Mmm… this could get interesting.”