6teen Fan Fiction ❯ 7teen: Midnightmania ❯ Happy New Year ( Epilogue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER FIVE
 
January 1st…
 
First day of the New Year, and all ten of us were gathered at the lemon for a toast to the New Year. I was also very proud that Jonesy was actually able to keep Comic-Cavern safe for me, “But now that I'm home again… I'll take my keys back if you don't mind?”
 
“Ah-ah-ah…” Jonesy said. “You know what you have to say first…”
 
“Oh right…” I said feeling a little silly. “Jonesy… you're fired.”
 
“That's more like it…” replied Jonesy as he handed my keys back. “Well it was fun while it lasted. Now I gotta' find me a whole new job for the New Year.”
 
Jude yawned and starched out a little. “Yep… Ahh! Another year of cleanin' up at “Stick-It” and smoothin' out the ice on the zamboni…”
 
Caitlin however was the only one who didn't seem as perky and happy as the rest of us as she passed us our lemon squishes. “What's up with you Cait…?” Jen asked.
 
“Oh, nothing…” she answered, “It's just that… I wonder if maybe I was a bit too hard on Steve. You know, he was just trying to impress me.”
 
Amelie and I raised our eyebrows, as we were the only ones not to hear about what happened. “Believe me… it's best you don't know.” Wyatt whispered to us.
 
Just then, Steve passed by with a donation-box that was already full to the top. Just as he said, he could reacquire all the money he had borrowed. “Hey, Steve… Steve!” Caitlin cried, but Steve didn't even notice her.
 
Caitlin rushed after him trying to apologize. “You know… this may be a new year, but some things just never change.” Nikki said.
 
“No kidding, girl…” added Serena.
 
“Well… `ere is to all of us…” Amelie said as she raised her squishy.
 
“Totally…” added Starr, and we all drank up to the start of a new year, while Caitlin was still chasing Steve.
 
Ending Theme
 
-I'm 7teen… I have found my own way.
I love my job, and I live at the mall today.
And I am on my own now and forever.
I'm… 7teen… life was sweet.
Though we grew up way to fast,
Still the memories will last.
 
Jonesy… Caitlin… Wyatt… Jen… Jude… Nikki… Mykan.
 
“7TEEN!”