6teen Fan Fiction ❯ 7teen Musical Movie ❯ IT's not a dream ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER FIVE
The next morning, we all arrived at the mall; my back was feeling much better too. We felt sort of the same, and believed we all dreamt the whole world was like some kind of musical. “I dunno…” Jude said. “It felt real to me.” and he knew what he was talking about too, Jud had some pretty weird dream before and always he would wake up and find some of the events that happened in his dream were real the next day.
Caitlin wasn't paying too much attention. She was going through her cell-phone and the three new numbers she had gotten from those three guys she served at the lemon yesterday. “Ron, Don, and Jon-- Ahh…!” she sighed heavenly.
“Wow… now you're dating three at once? Looks like a new record.” Nikki joked. The rest of us gazed at her awkwardly as if she were keeping track. “What…?” was all Nikki could say.
We all headed for work, and so far the day seemed normal. Until about break time, when the other met at the Lemon-- I was still tied up making sales at Comic-Cavern. Jonesy kept going on and on about how he was going to win his little bet with the rest of us. “Two days, and counting…” Wyatt said, “I'm actually impressed.”
“Yeah so impressive he forgot his lunch.” snapped a voice from behind. It was Courtney who had come to give Jonesy his first ever take-to-work lunch. “Gee… thanks.” He grunted sarcastically. His step-sister didn't mind actually. “Courtney, why are you really here?” Jen asked. “You've got that look in your eyes.”
Her sister insisted that she was allowed to come to a mall, “Or I just feel like hanging out…? I don't know… anything to get away form Robbie and Diego, or having to baby-sit Emma.” but she sneakily had one other reason in mind.
Courtney took on the Lemon stools and noticed Caitlin was really prettying herself up. “Ooh… someone's got a hot-date.” she said. “More like a triple-date.” Caitlin giggled with glee. She explained how Ron, Don, and Jon had invited out to lunch that day. Jen was overly jealous of Caitlin, but Nikki was confused as to why all three boys would invite her out. “It doesn't matter to me…” Caitlin said. “I may even find…”
“Please…!” Nikki groaned. “Don't say it!”
Caitlin didn't say it…
The jukebox was glowing…
Music started playing, and everyone looked around, “Hey, whoever's boom box that is, turn it down.” snapped Courtney, but the music didn't stop and Caitlin began to act all funny, so did Jen and Nikki.
“Whoa… dude… this is getting' freaky.” cried Jude.
(Caitlin)
Some girls got diamonds to call their best friend.
Others just shop for clothes and shoes
(Ooo-oooh---)
And some… have fine little pets of their own,
But some have different don'ts and dos
(All three)
That's not the way, I like to play.
(Caitlin)
I'm tired of all of these.
(All three)
I need something more…
(I need something more…)
(Caitlin)
Won't you… help me please?
The music then changed to a pop-beat, much to the others confusion. “Am I seeing what I…” Wyatt stammered.
“Dude, pinch Me.” added Jonesy.
The girls were acting like a singing group as Caitlin sang…
(Caitlin)
I want a guy who is, cool and fun.
(Cool and fun)
I want to find the guy who… is… “The one”
(Is the one)
I wanna get… a guy who calls me his pet
A real good man who… I… won't forget.
Oh!
I want a guy who is, cool and fun.
(Cool and fun)
I want to find the right guy… be…cause…
(Only because)
The though of growin' old and alone is…
Too much it turns my brain to mush and fuzz
-If I would ever find the perfect guy
(Perfect guy)
I'd be the best that a girlfriend could be
(Aa-aa-aa-aaoh)
I let him share his deepest thoughts with me
(Nikki and Jen)
And we would make a great match you see.
(Caitlin)
So if ya know some guy who's cute and lonely
Give him my number, and recommend
Oh, please, now… tell him that I'm free
I just can't wait until then
I want a man… a real smooth ma-ya-a-a-n-n-n-n (A real smooth man)
I want a man… send me my man (A real smooth man)
I want a man… a real smooth ma-ya-a-a-n-n-n-n (A real smooth man)
I want a man… send me my man (A real smooth man---)
I want a man… a real smooth ma-ya-a-a-n-n-n-n
I want a man…
(All three)
Who is… the… one----?
“Oh please… send me a man”
“Does anyone have a man…?”
“I'll take a second-hand man.”
“He doesn't have to be new.”
As the song faded out, a lot of guys were attracted to Caitlin because of her singing. She sounded and looked so hot to them, even Jude was almost drooling over her, but he snapped out of it.
The girls snapped out of their trances when the song ended, “Uh… what just happened?” asked Jen. “Funny… I'd like to know too.” added Nikki.
Even Courtney felt confused, “You… don't remember…?”
The girls didn't remember a thing, but as for the rest of the gang, it was now obvious something strange was going on; sadly the girls couldn't stick around to find out because a lot of cute boys were coming towards them like hungry zombies. “RUN…!” cried Jen, “And I can't believe I just said that over tons of cute boys.”
They ran off, even Nikki did. Jonesy rushed after them roaring “Hey! Leave my babe alone!” No sooner had he left did I come up to the lemon holding a wad of cash I made from my mid-morning rush at Comic-Cavern. “Man… I never made so much coin before in my entire…” I stopped dead in my tracks when I saw Courtney gazing at me with those flirtatious eyes of hers and she flicked her hair. “Oh, no…!”
She sauntered up to me. “Hey there, handsome.” she cooed and she tapped my nose with her finger “Did you miss me, because I missed you.”
I gulped hard and made my excuse, “I uh… better back to work anyway… BYE!” and I ran off, but Courtney just chased after me. She loved a guy who played hard-to-get.
Jude and Wyatt gazed at each other. “Dude… I think, for the first time, I've drawn a total blank.” Jude said.