6teen Fan Fiction ❯ 7teen Musical Movie ❯ Pull the Plug ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER SEVEN
Trisha and Caitlin were apprehended by Ron who received a report about a disturbance in the peace. We all bailed Caitlin out, and Trisha already was out. We all met back up at the Lemon, and even though Caitlin had no memory of her singing contest, “Sorry I broke your shades, Mykan.”
“It's okay…” I said as I tipped a new pair of shades I was wearing. “I have a whole drawer full for emergencies.”
Aside form that we all found it quite inconceivable to believe that the old jukebox in the stockroom at Spin-This was the cause of all the musical moments that had been happening. Even if Serena saw it too. “Well maybe we can prove it…” she suggested. “Maybe some of us can sit and wait by it.”
“Baby-sit a jukebox…?” Nikki asked. “And there goes the strange-meter.”
The rest of us decided to go for it though, “We've got to get to the bottom of this once and for all.” Wyatt pointed out. “We can't keep just breaking off into musical-numbers and looking like fools.”
Jude cast a look at Wyatt, “I thought you liked music.”
“Hey… even I have my limits of it.” replied Wyatt.
Jen couldn't, she had to baby-sit her baby sister that night. Courtney was still nowhere to be seen, and She didn't trust the boys, especially Jonesy. Jude and I had dates with Starr and Amelie that night, and Caitlin wanted to head home after having a rough day.
Wyatt and Serena were willing to stay up, and Jonesy wanted to see this again to. “Ah, heck… I'm in too.” said Nikki. “I wanna see it.”
“Thanks, babe…” Jonesy said. “I knew I could count on you.”
With that, we all called break, but as I hopped off my stool. “Hi!” Courtney was directly in front of me. “Courtney-- bye…!” I said sternly and ran off. Courtney shivered with joy. “Ooh… he's so cute when he's angry.”
Jen could only slap her head in dismay. “She just never learns.”
Serena got permission from Ron to let her and the others stay late that night due to solving a mystery. Ron didn't mind, for he too was getting annoyed with these singing breakouts. “Hmm… I think I'll add it to my rule-book of mall legal and orders. No musical mayhem of its slammer time!”
So for a few hours they sat in the stockroom waiting to see if they were right and if the jukebox would glow. While they waited they cracked a few jokes and told some stories, but they began to feel bored. “Are you sure you two weren't just seeing things?” asked Nikki, but Jonesy and Serena swore they knew what they saw.
Just then, there was a knock at the door. Jude and Starr walked in, “Knock-Knock!” said Jude. “Who's there…?” said Nikki.
“Bust…” said Starr.
“Bust who…?” added Wyatt
“Bust as in our date.” replied Jude. “Mind if we chill with you then.”
The others agreed. “So, what happened?” asked Wyatt.
Jude and Starr hated to admit it, but they forgot to make any plans for their date. “You're kidding…?” asked Jonesy. “You honestly made no plans…?”
Jude and Starr just wanted to see each other so they just agreed to meet up, but made no plans…
“Guys look…!” Wyatt said. The jukebox was already glowing and music was playing. Then, Jude and Starr began to feel strange. “Guys…? You okay…?” asked Nikki, but Jude and Starr began to sing about their busted date…
(Jude)
It was the eve on Friday and I had met up with my babe and I said…
What's up tonight my woman
What are we doin' now, what's the plan?
(Starr)
“I said…”
Nothin' I know of…
Nothin' I guess…
Sorry just nothin', no more, and no-less.
(Both)
N-N-N-Nothin'
We didn't have plans.
N-N-N-Nothin'
Oh, boy and oh man.
N-N-N-Nothin'
Again, and again…
We had no plans…
(Starr)
“So try to boogie down the street to snag a pizza-pie.”
But when we got there it was not the same.
All the lights were out, even the neon-sign name
(Jude)
“We said…”
What the heck man…
What happened here…?
“They said…”
“We never, never, never open up on Friday nights here.”
(Both)
N-N-N-Never'
We didn't have plans.
N-N-N-Never'
Oh, boy and oh man.
N-N-N-Never'
Again, and again…
We had no plans…
As the song kept playing, and Jude and Starr kept singing, there was no doubt about it. The jukebox was glowing brighter, and the music was playing louder and clearer, directly from the jukebox, and Jude and Starr really looked like they were in some kind of trance.
“Wait… I think they're going for another verse.” Wyatt said.
(Jude)
“Well we met right by the mall to discuss the things there…I said…”
Starr, my babe, this sure aint right.
Is there really much we can do tonight?
(Starr)
“I said…”
We should've made plans before we chose to go out.
But no, Jude, no, this date's a bust no doubt.
(Both)
N-N-N-No
We didn't have plans.
N-N-N-No
Oh, boy and oh man.
N-N-N-No
Again, and again…
We had no…
Nothin'…
Never…
No…
…PLANS!
The song was over and the jukebox stopped glowing. Jude and Starr snapped out of their trance and almost fell over. Wyatt and Jonesy caught them. “You alright, bro?”
Jude rubbed his eyes, “Whoa… was I like… sleep-walkin'?”
Starr breathed on her glasses and rubbed them against her shirt. “Weird… maybe it's some sort if distortion in the space-time-continuum which causes strange and abnormal behavior patterns.” she said in her nerdy language. The others just blinked once in confusion. “Right…” said Serena, but at least now they had their answer, it was the jukebox. “Okay, this is nuts.” snapped Nikki. “How can an out-of-date music machine from the fifties be causing us to act like singing nutcases?”
Even Starr couldn't figure that out, “I'll do some research and see if I can dig anything out, but I suggest we unplug that thing.”
“Allow me…” Jonesy said and he pulled the plug out. “Whew! I'm glad that's over.”
The others felt the same, and now that that was dealt with, they all decided to head home, but they were in for quite a surprise soon. No sooner had they left the store, and locked it tight… did the jukebox start glowing again… and it was still unplugged.