6teen Fan Fiction ❯ 7teen Musical Movie ❯ It's not over ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER EIGHT
The next morning. Everyone met up at the lemon, except for me, now everyone believed the story of the jukebox, but it still didn't explain how it was causing everyone to sing and act like in a trance. That's when I finally came along, and I looked sleepy. “Morning…” I said while yawning. As I took my seat at the bar near Caitlin.
“You look tired…” Wyatt said.
“Yeah…? And you don't.” I snapped, but then I quickly apologized as I laid my head down on the counter. Caitlin patted me, “You didn't sleep well…?” she asked. I shook my head and told her I waited at my place for Amelie all night, she never showed up and it was one in the morning by the time I finally went to bed and I still had to get up at six for my morning jog and get ready for work. “Wow…!” exclaimed Jen. “Are you going to be okay.
I assured her and the others everything was going to be fine.
“Well, at least no one's been singing so far.” Wyatt said trying to change the subject, and we all agreed in relief. “I checked Spin-This when I helped Serena open the store today, it's still unplugged.” Jonesy said.
“Good, and keep it that way.” Nikki said. “If I find out that I broke out singing like some… giddy groupie again… I'll give you permission to put me out of my misery.”
“Ah, come on bra… you don't mean that.” Jude said. “Music is like… a Cinna-bun.” He said holding up his breakfast. “It's sweet… sometimes refreshing… and it gives ya a certain goodness ya can't find anywhere else.”
Wyatt was impressed. He never heard a deep, and yet bizarre way of music being put before. “By the way… how's Starr's research going?” he asked.
“Nothin' yet, but I think I'll go see her anyway. Later.” and he skated off.
I let out a huge yawn, “At least someone's full of energy today.” I groaned as I got up, and as I turned to leave, “Hah…!” there was Courtney in front of me again. “Sleepy? I know a good remedy to wake people up…” and she pursed her lips at me. Suddenly I didn't feel so sleepy anymore, and I dashed off. “Ugh!” Courtney growled as she sat down at my stool. “What is with that guy…?”
Jen, again, tried to convince her sister to let me be. “He's just not into you, and he's told you that I don't know how many times.”
Courtney still refused to believe that a cute guy whom she liked didn't like her back. “No, guy has ever resisted me before, and I am not going to let Mykan be the first. I am going to date him if it's the last thing I do.”
The others shuddered as if they had come into the presence of a pretty, yet evil witch.
“You!” snapped a voice from behind. It was Amelie, and she looked pissed! Courtney flicker her hair, “Oh, it's just you…” she said.
Amelie told the others to excuse her for her attitude, she was usually a mature girl, “But somebody… `ow you say… `osed me down last night while I was on my way to visit my boyfriend!”
Everyone cast a look at Courtney. “Ah…! I really don't know what you're talking about.”
“Whoa, Court… that's low. Even for my standards.” Jonesy said.
“Look at this way… I saved you trouble so Mykan didn't have to smell how awful you reek!” Courtney snapped.
Amelie felt her blood raging, and Courtney growled. “Oh, no… not another cat-fight.” groaned Wyatt, but suddenly music started playing again. “More like music fight…” said Caitlin.”
The others couldn't understand it, but Courtney and Amelie eyed each other in anger and sang insults and points of fact to one another…
(Courtney)
I don't know what you got brewin'
But I'll tell you what Mykan's doin'
Sooner or later he'll dump you and take me.
(Amelie)
“Ah poo…non, non…”
Mykan prefers me not you.
We `ave been together for a year or two
`E is mine and not yours, C'est la vie
(Courtney)
“Oh please…!”
You don't seem to understand.
(Amelie)
Get is through your `ead if you can
Did you not see zee look in `is eyes.
(Courtney)
Girl, it's time for you to get wise.
(Both)
That's why Mykan clearly is in love with me.
(Amelie)
I know what `e wants, `cause love it can tell.
(Courtney)
Do you honestly think that you know him that well?
(Amelie)
`E loves me. `E told me… straight from `is `eart.
(Courtney)
One shot from my looks will break you two apart.
(Amelie)
I know `im so well, we share joy and romance
(Courtney)
When I'm through with him, girl, you won't stand a chance.
(Amelie)
`E gives me that look
(Courtney)
He had dirt in his eyes.
(Amelie)
I can read `im like a book
(Courtney)
It's ME he'll come to realize!
(Amelie)
Leave `im alone you red-`eaded bait!
(Courtney)
I think it's time I set you straight.
(Both)
That's why Mykan clearly is in love with me.
The girls continued to go at it. “I thought you said you unplugged the jukebox.” Jen said. “We did…” said Jonesy and Nikki vouched for that. “I saw him unplug it.”
“Then… why… is there music playing… and the girls are acting weird?” Wyatt asked irritably. Jonesy decided to text Serena and ask her if the jukebox was glowing, and right before the song cut out Jonesy got his text reply, “Yes… it is, but its still unplugged.”
The music stopped, and Courtney and Amelie had gone off. In spite of the fact that the musical mystery was not yet resolved. “We better keep an eye on those two.” Jen suggested. The others agreed.
And so… the mystery still remained.