6teen Fan Fiction ❯ 7teen Musical Movie ❯ One weakness ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER TEN
During the afternoon, we all decided to take it nice and easy. We didn't say much or do much either as it seemed the musical curse seemed to get us when we least expected it depending on our actions or moods. Jen felt herself dropping off abut her best to stay awake. I already had my head down on the counter near Caitlin.
Nikki was falling asleep in Jonesy arms when she finally spoke up, “Ugh! This is crazy!” she snapped. “I'd almost rather be at work.”
Jonesy patted her back, “Easy, babe… watch what you say.” He warned her. Nikki wasn't sure whether to care for not, but the rest of us felt the same; we couldn't just sit around doing nothing that day. “Maybe we should all take tomorrow off?” I suggested. “If we stay away from the mall it may not be so bad.”
Jen and Jonesy disagreed, “Remember…? Or rather we don't… we were singing at our house on the day all this started.” said Jen. “I'm glad I don't remember.” said Jonesy. We even heard on the news that this musical curse was happening all over…! Was there no escape from it? We all sighed hard. Now Starr and Jude were our only hope, and just our luck they came along. “Did you find an answer…?” Wyatt asked.
Jude put down all his encyclopedias. “Dude… you have no idea.” He groaned from putting down the heavy load. We all gazed at the titles of his books…
“Encyclopedia of the weird…?”
“The big book of paranormal…?”
“All you need to know about the strange…?”
Nikki couldn't help but chuckle. “Is your face in it…?” she teased. Jude and Starr shot her a look. “Sorry! Couldn't help it…”
Starr and Jude had gone over all the books, and Starr checked all the websites she could and she made a list of all the possible ways to deal with a gypsy curse. A very, very, long list…! It stretched right across the table and off the edge down to the floor. “Oh, boy…!” cried Wyatt. “There must be about a-thousand things on that list…” said Caitlin.
Starr pulled out her calculator and quickly summed up, “Actually… only two-hundred and twenty-seven, less if two are alike. I actually counted it.”
We all rolled our eyes, and Jonesy looked over the list. “Garlic…? Jude that works on vampires not curses.”
Jude shrugged, “Thought it couldn't hurt to try. Ya never know.”
Here we were stumbling around like blind-people when who knew where another singing session was taking place, or where the next one would happen to us. Still, as long as we took it easy, the chances were we wouldn't get hit as easily.
As for Jonesy, he decided to take the list and try some of the ways on the jukebox, “Well… Jude's right… we gotta try. Later.” And he was off.
“I better split too…” I said as I got up and for once Courtney wasn't behind me. “Whew…!”
Jen left before Coach Halder called her name, and as much as she thought she was crazy, Nikki headed for the Khaki-Barn. As she went, she begged that The Clones weren't singing. “Please… please… please…!” she begged, but they were, they were even dressed in flat-hats and holding canes, acting like tap-dancers too. “Ugh! I said please!” Nikki groaned as she looked up.
Everywhere I looked on my way to work, I could see and hear people singing and acting just as strange. I even had the gall to turn off my Super Pay Cards theme music for my store. “I can't take it anymore!” I growled.
Jonesy was trying a lot of things on the jukebox but it was only glowing brighter and playing more music every minute or so. Jonesy figured everyone in the mall was practically singing. It was even noisy outside the storeroom as well, Serena ran in to give her ears a break. She even had cotton-balls wedged in to keep the noise down. “Please tell me you got it working yet…?” she asked, but she could see the jukebox was glowing brighter than ever. “Does that answer your question…?”
Jonesy never thought he'd say was he was about to, but, “If and when this ends, remind me to ask you to fire me.”
Suddenly the jukebox glowed even worse. “Jonesy!” snapped Serena!
Jonesy and Serena began to feel strange, “Uh-oh…! Me and my big mouth…!” he shouted, but then Serena started singing, and Jonesy began to seem like some dashing cool spy, only, he seemed to be doing the only thing he knew best…
(Serena)
Fired!
There's a word he knows best.
Remove the tag, turn in your vest.
Learn to improve if you can
Fired!
He's heard it many times.
Saved up nickels and some dimes.
Drop them in a can…
He's a fired-man!
Will he find the right job?
Or be a poor unworthy slob?
He tries his best, don't you see,
But he's always, F-I-R-E-D…
Employment!
It's a task He'll always take.
For some money to make!
But for now, and once again…!
He's a fired-man!
A fired man…!
A fired man…!
A fired-MA-A-A-A-A-AN---!
The song ended, and Jonesy and Serena snapped out of their trances. “Ugh! We did it again!” snapped Jonesy. Serena couldn't stand it anymore but then she noticed, “Hey, look at the jukebox.”
It was going so crazy that it was practically jiggling and bounding like an out-of-control washing-machine. Suddenly it stopped glowing, and with it all the music it was playing. It wasn't dead, but it looked awful tired.
Serena looked outside, and everyone looked tired and confused from their singing. Jonesy even dared to try and come up with an idea to make the jukebox go off again for another song, but it didn't work, at least not as effectively. The jukebox didn't glow as much, the music didn't play very loud, and Jonesy felt awake enough to fight the control of the spell.
Serena and Jonesy gazed at each other with great expressions of discovery, “Serena… I think we got it!” the jukebox and its curse had only one major weakness!