6teen Fan Fiction ❯ 7teen: Sleep no more ❯ Waky Achy ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER ONE
 
The mall was officially ready to close, and the entire gang and I were waiting at the entrance. Some of us even had our umbrellas out as it was raining harder than ever. “Look at that come down…” Wyatt said. “I've never seen it rain as hard as I have now.”
 
Jen and Jonesy were not impressed, they had no umbrellas, and Jen's hood couldn't keep the water out. “Oh, we're going to be drenched just walking out to the bus.” she sighed.
 
“It's just water…” Jude said, “And a little water never hurt anyone.”
 
That's what he thought, until the Nerdy-Guy walked right past us, with his umbrella, and a car passing by splashed in a puddle, flashing the water all over him causing him to fall down. “Ow… oh, my…!”
 
Each of us felt sorry for the Nerdy-Guy, but he was alright. Still… “I think you spoke too soon Jude.” said Jonesy.
 
“I'm just glad I live on the other side of the street.” I said.
 
“Yeah… lucky you…” Nikki said sarcastically. “But then what are you still doing here…?”
 
Just then, the bus came, and I offered to walk those who had no umbrellas to the bus. That was why I hadn't left for home yet. “Aww… that's so sweet.” Caitlin said.
 
“Hey… it's nothing.” I said. “Come on… let's go.”
 
I walked Caitlin and Jen to the Bus under my umbrella, and Wyatt took Jen and Jonesy. Jude however just walked in the rain. He acted as if he were soaking in a hot shower, and even opened his mouth for a drink. “Like I said… a little water never hurt anyone.” he replied.
 
“All right, but don't blame us when you catch a cold.” Wyatt said as he and the others climbed on the bus, “See you tomorrow, guys.” I said, and the others waved at me as the bus drove down the street, and headed for my apartment on the seventh floor.
 
 
The rain still hadn't stopped. If anything it was now raining harder than ever and the wind was picking up. It almost felt a little creepy for me living all by myself. At lest I had my beguile dog, Penny to keep me company.
 
She was already asleep in her little dog bed next to mine and I was just laying in bed awake listening to the radio…
 
“Reports have come in that the storm shows no sign of letting up, and will continue to pour through the night, right until dawn…”
 
I clicked the radio off, “Ahh, that's a load of baloney.” I said to particularly no one. “These weather-men hardly ever even get their calendars correct, let alone a weather report.”
 
I let out a huge yawn and decided to get to sleep. I took off my shades, and placed them on the night stand near Amelie's picture. “Ahh… night-night Penny...” I whispered to my dog as I turned out the light.
 
Penny kicked her little leg slightly, and we both drifted off to sleep. Elsewhere, all my friends had just gone to sleep too, except for Jude who was once again wide awake and watching horror movies.
 
He saw the only die in the shower scene, and chuckled warmly, “Mmm, hu, hu, ah, ah… awesome!”
 
Just then… KABOOM… a huge thunder-crash erupted from outside. “WHOA…! Dude…” he cried as he nearly fell out of bed. He walked over to the window to look out at the storm, and it was indeed a nightmare outside.
 
More lightning flashed, and Jude even saw the ZIG-ZAG a few times. “Cool…!”
 
At least he was having fun; practically everyone in town was starting to have a rough night. The storm was so loud, and nasty. The wind was so strong, that some of us even felt our beds shaking.
 
Jen tried to sleep with her fingers in her ears, but that only made things worse. While Jonesy moaned and groaned.
 
Wyatt even tried sleeping in his bedroom closet to drown out the sound of the storm, but it didn't work, and Nikki just pulled the covers over her head and stuffed her head under her pillow.
 
As for me… I just lay there flat on my bed with my arms kicked over the side and my eyes looked red.
 
 
By morning, the storm had finally passed, and when it was time to get up, practically everyone had just fallen asleep, and now had to get up and get ready to head for work, and the mall.
 
Yet, when everyone had gotten to the mall, we're we all a sorry site to see. You couldn't look around anywhere without seeing someone in the mall with baggy-eyes, walking funny… or just collapsed.
 
Stanley couldn't even lift up his pop-gun to fire it.
 
Darth and Julie had both collapsed by their respective stores/stands.
 
Heck, even Jason and Joanie looked tired, but they were STILL lip-locked, but everyone was far too tired to care much about that…
 
We the gang had all arrived at the lemon, we all looked terrible. Caitlin's long hair was all tangled up from tossing and turning, and she had a hard time trying to open the lemon due to her being tired and weak.
 
She let out a huge yawn, “Lemonade anyone…?” she asked. Jen, Wyatt, and Nikki, with their faces-down on the table, waved their hands, and groaned “Meh…”
 
Just then, Jonesy came along, and a huge chuck of hair was ripped off from his head, and he had a couple of scratches on his face. “What happened to you…?” Nikki asked through a yawn.
 
Jonesy explained that he was so tired he couldn't tell the difference between his razor, and his comb. “Look at me, I'm a total freak show…” he cried.
 
I came up to the lemon and sat on the stool near Caitlin, “At least you didn't confuse your own breakfast for your dog's.” I groaned. “Blech…!” and my head slammed down on the lemon-counter.
 
Jude came along, and he surprisingly looked all hippety-hoppity and perky as usual. “Whoa… I must be seein' things… but you Dudes seriously look weird.”
 
We all let out huge groans, “That storm kept us awake all night long.” cried Jen.
 
“I have never lost so much sleep since Serena and I broke up the first time.” groaned Wyatt.
 
Nikki slammed her face down on the table, “Wake me up when it's the end of the world.” she complained, but surprisingly she couldn't keep her eyes shut, nor could the rest of us either.
 
And before we knew it, we all had to head to work, but it was really hard for us to want to get up. We just felt so incredibly tired, and then things got way worse.
 
Ron came by, and he too had red, baggy eyes, but he was surprisingly seemly as wide awake as Jude was… and wearing a weird headband with hooks keeping his eyes open. “What have we here…” he growled. “Loitering, and sleeping on the job…! Just ducky.”
 
Surprisingly, no one argued with him this time, I did even have the strength to want to prank him this time. Jude however noticed, “Dude… what's with the freaky headband.”
 
Ron gasped and held his headband delicately, “Son…! Watch your mouth!” he said, “This little baby hear saved my life in the war…”
 
He had one of his old flashbacks from Vietnam…
 
The war was tough and brutal, and just blinking your eyes could get you shot. Ron built that headband and hooks to keep his eyes open so he wouldn't fall asleep. “I stayed away from four whole days, and not an enemy could slip past me without me seeing him.”
 
Jude was begging to catch the drift, “Dude… you mean like, if you take those off, you'll…”
 
“Go down like a log, soldier? I wouldn't hear of it…” Replied Ron, and he took the hooks right off, “See… I've taken them off and--” he fell SPALT on the floor snoring like a bulldozer.
 
Jude couldn't help but chuckle, “Awesome…”
 
As for the rest of us… this was going to be an extremely long day.