6teen Fan Fiction ❯ 7teen: Welcome Home Nikki ❯ We ARE 7teen ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER SIX
 
“WHAT?!” snapped Nikki in utter disbelief.
 
The other hated to admit that it was true and explained to her everything that happened.
 
 
Jonesy was so excited and worried of Nikki's homecoming, that he began to fear that she wouldn't think much of him anymore because he wasn't some big-shot like her father; a President and CEO of a huge company.
 
So Jonesy took a job that was far too much for him to handle, and he ended up taking a really bad spell from the second floor…
 
“AAAHHH…!”
 
“Jonesy!”
 
 
“Jonesy's been in the hospital for a while now.” Wyatt explained, “And he hasn't woken up since.”
 
This was some welcome home gift for Nikki. Her boyfriend was in bad shape, and her friends didn't tell her about it… but she couldn't blame them for not wanting to. “Let's go.” she said. “I mean… to the hospital… I have to see him now.”
 
The others couldn't argue, so they got back into their cars and were off.
 
 
The doctors and nurses were going crazy trying to calm Jonesy down form his seizure and get his heart going again. “Come on kid!” cried the lead doctor, “I've saved tons of lives before, I'm not letting you be my first fail!”
 
“COME ON PEOPLE! LET'S GET THIS GUY BETTER!!”
 
 
The gang arrived at the hospital-- Nikki's sister was fast asleep, and completely unaware of things, while Nikki dashed in quicker than anyone else. Her parents ran in too, and much to everyone's horror, the whole place was on red-alert, and the lady of the intercom crying out “…send electric paddles to room 255. This is a code red!
 
“Dude! That's Jonesy's room!” panicked Jude.
 
“Jonesy!” cried Nikki. She then saw the lady rolling the electric-paddle machine and followed her all the way to Jonesy's room where she was forced to stay out. “No, that's my boyfriend in there!” she cried with tears in her eyes.
 
“I'm sorry, Miss. Please stay out!”
 
The rest of the gang caught up with her, and they all could see though the glass window that Jonesy was even worse. The doctors and nurses were now shocking him hard to get his heart going again. “CLEAR!”
 
POW!
 
Nothing.
 
“Charge again!”
 
“Paddles charged!”
 
“CLEAR!”
 
POW!
 
“Come on, Jonesy!” his friends would all muttered under their breaths.
 
The people kept try and trying, but eventually the lead doctor cried out, “No… NO!” and he slammed the paddles down, and Jonesy was still flat-lined. Nikki felt her insides being ripped in half all at once when she saw the people slowing down and the doctor checked his watch and called it, “6:37 pm!”
 
“Jone…sy…!” Nikki peeped ever so softly. “No! NO---!” she dashed in past all the departing people. “Jonesy! Jonesy, please!” she sobbed. “Jonesy you can't go out on me. I never stopped thinking about when I moved, and I never wanted more than to come back and catch up with you.”
 
Her tears drizzled on his motionless hand that she was holding to her cheek, and remembering how sweet Jonesy was to her on the day of their first kiss…
 
 
(Flashback)…
 
“Nikki… you're the only girl I wanna go out with. So I'm asking you… will you go to the dance with me?
 
Nikki broached the flown onto her wrist and answered, “Yes.” And they shared their first real and passionate kiss which began to their real, and long-term relationship.
 
The many times they went out…
 
They shared their thoughts…
 
They even went at each other's throats… but the best part of all, was the many of times they kissed which proved they were made for each other.
 
 
Nikki could only kiss Jonesy in the lips, but it felt so cold, and not as good since he couldn't kiss back, and she broke down, buried her face into the bed, and cried.
 
“Nikki…” here mother cried as she came up and hugged her daughter from behind, followed by her husband, “We are truly sorry, dear.”
 
The rest of the gang said nothing, and didn't think they'd ever speak or feel again. They were all heading to leave out the door, when the nurse suddenly noticed Jonesy's finger twitch. “Wait a minute!”
 
She felt his arm, and Jonesy had a very small pulse, and the heart-monitor started beeping normally again. The head doctor came back in. “I… I don't believe it.” he said. “He's… he's coming out of it.”
 
Jonesy began to breathe normally again, and his eyes creaked open. Nikki walked back to his side, and he looked up at her and smiled weakly yet warmly. “Welcome home, babe.” he.
 
Nikki tears kept on falling, but her smile just grew and grew. She then kissed his very softly, and the others hugged each other and shed tears of joy. He was alive, and Nikki was home…
 
…the gang was whole again.
 
 
Jonesy managed to fully recover, and they all held a small welcome-home, and birthday party for Nikki. The rest was pretty much history.
 
 
(Back to the Present…)
 
Jonesy still had what remained of his scar on his head from when it all happened to remind him of how close he came, and how far he was going. “I'll never forget it… but I'll never forget everything else I have.”
 
“And where you're goin'…” Nikki teased and she tacked him into a hard kiss, which awed us all. It really as a happy anniversary indeed, and even though there were ten of us all together… we were proud to be…
 
…7teen!
 
 
 
“Ending Theme”
 
I'm 7teen.
I have found my own way
I love my job and I live at the mall today
And I am on my own now and forever.
 
I'm 7teen… 7TEEN
Still the memories will last
 
Jonesy… Caitlin… Wyatt… Jen… Jude… Nikki… Mykan
 
7TEEN!