AD Police Fan Fiction ❯ Thousand Arms ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Thousand Arms

Chapter Dos

* * * *

I woke up to the noise of the door slamming shut. I got out of bed and went to check in Schmidt's room.

"Schmidt?" I said, as I turned on the light. He wasn't there. I went out the front door. I'd follow him. The moonlight glittered off of silver, Schmidt's sword. I shivered in the cold darkness of the night and followed Schmidt. He walked out of Boyzby and stopped a little more than 100 feet from the entrance.

"Schmidt, join the Emperor. He wants the power you possess. Think about it. It's a really good offer..." An unknown voice said.

"Why me? Fine..." Schmidt replied.

"Remember- Mist Valley, Mirror of Souls." He said and left.

"Shi..." I heard a new voice say. Schmidt turned around and walked over to a pine tree.

"Meis... how much have you heard?" Schmidt said, angered.

"Uh... nothing?" Meis replied.

"If you tell anyone what you saw, you'll be begging me for mercy. " Schmidt threatened and started back towards the city.

"Schmidt?" I said as he passed me.

"Jeala! What are you doing here? Did you hear that too?" He asked.

"I.. I awoke when the door slammed shut. And yes, I heard it too. But I won't tell anyone. You have my word, Schmidt." I replied.

"I'm sorry I woke you. Let's head back." Schmidt said, grabbing my hand.

* * * *

"Jeala- I'm going now. I don't know if I'll be back. When I return- we can be together again." Schmidt said as I groggily walked into the main room.

"Why must you leave?" I asked.

"The.. the Emperor wants me to join them. It's gotta be better than this... Jyabil all mad at me for believing a sword is for fighting only." he replied as he started for the door then looked at me.

"Jeala, don't follow me. I don't want you hurt. My heart will be with you." Schmidt replied. I walked up to him.

"Schmidt- I don't want you to leave me." I said unexpectedly and I blushed a deep shade of red and he took me in his arms.

"Jeala, I'll be back." he assured me. Then he looked at me.

"Good bye, Schmidt. Don't do anything stupid, and don't get hurt. Please return to me." I cried as he walked away. I shut the door and went into the spare room. I knew he wouldn't return. I cried for nearly an hour. Then I pulled myself together. I couldn't just let him walk away. I ran for the Mist Valley.

* * * *

I found Schmidt just as he was agreeing with the Emperor.

"SCHMIDT!" I yelled as I fell at his feet. "Take me with you."

The Emperor laughed.

"Who is this young girl? Your sister? I do feel some force from her... Maybe she should join us also. He said to Schmidt. Then he looked at me. "You do know- it would mean you hand your soul over to me... for this mere boy."

"Jeala, no you can't give up your soul for me! Please Jeala!" Schmidt cried.

"I understand. Schmidt- please accept my decision. I want to go with." I replied standing up.

"Schmidt- Jeala, are you ready?" The Emperor said.

"Jeala! Stay back! Don't do this!" Schmidt said.

"I vowed the night I met you, I'd follow you where ever you went, for I loved you. Accept this vow of love." I explained.

"We cannot wait any longer. We must go." The Emperor stated.

"Jeala!" Schmidt yelled, as we were surrounded by fog.

I cried in pain. It felt as if someone was ripping me in half. My eyes burned with tears. Everything around us three went black.

"SCHMIDT!" I yelled as he grabbed my hand. After the pain eased, I knew no more.