Ah My Goddess Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Happosai Chronicles ❯ Roommates ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Happosai Chronicles
Chapter 4 - Roommates
http://ranko.homelinux.net
by Afroplex


Disclaimer: I do not own Ranma 1/2, Sailor Moon, or any of the characters mentioned in this fanfic. I highly recommend you check out the original anime or manga that the creators put out.

Sorry this is so short, I _had_ to get something out.

============================================================= =============

Sailor Pluto appeared beside the sacred fire of the Hikawa Shrine, for once being the first arrival to the group. The anomoly with the power to take on Galaxia's forces, and the entire troop of Sailor Senshi was hidden entirely from the Time Gate. Placing herself behind one of the oaks in the yard, she held the length of the Time Staff close and ready to strike. Hopefully the outers would arrive, and they could destroy this menace without some of the inners' squabbles that hamper the battles.

Ami, Usagi, Minako, and Makoto entered the shrine courtyard to be greeted with a sigh from the tree. Sailor Pluto cursed and stepped out browe furrowed, "Transform quickly! He could be here at any moment." The urgency hinted at in her voice quieted any questions that might have sprung to mind.

They raised their henshin rods, and called out their transformation phrases. Midway through, their nemesis entered.

Happosai paused in midstride. His eyes grew large, limbs stiffing in shock. He had seen Mars-baby transform once, which was hard enough to control himself. Now, he was faced with the swirling, energetic, totally unclothed siloetts of four sailor senshi. Pluto-chan was off to the side, further raising his adreniline.

"I've died and gone to heaven! Again!" Happosai launched forward and reached the girls just as their transformations finished. The high energy in the air filled his reserves entirely, making it appear to the girls that he was teleporting between them each time they attempted to bat him off.

Outside, Hotoru and her guardians pulled up. Haruka stepped out, "Sounds like the fighting has already started, hurry!"

Happosai sensed the arrival of his new heir and jumped in front of the gate to greet her properly. Micharu and Haruka were still untransformed, and were easily tripped up into the bushes. Hotoru was panting when she reached the gate when she realized she was totally helpless before their new enemy in her untransformed state.

"Don't worry my dear, I'm not here to hurt you." Happosai noticed her heavy breathing, the girl looked about ready to collapse. "Here, let me help you up the stairs."

Hotoru hestitantly let the old man hold her hand, and she gradually gained strength as they went up. 'But I'm not putting any weight on him!'

The other scouts were shocked as the two passed them up the steps. "Well, what are you waiting for? I suppose you would like to have a little chat?"

Pluto motioned with her staff for them to follow, but not to change back to their civilian outfits. Haruka and Uranus transformed before following. All were fearful for the youngest member of their group and didn't wish to provoke the freak.

In the crowded meeting room Happosai sat at the head of the table. Hotoru sat beside him, hands folded on her lap. The inners were in their usual places, with the outers standing - all were had deadly serious frowns.

Taking his pipe out and shining it on his sleeve, "I suppose we could get started. My name is Happosai, grandmaster of the Anything Goes School of Martial Arts. Don't bother looking for any others of the school, I'm not from around here."

"Then why are you here? Other than to destroy Crystal Tokyo and cop a feel?" demanded Mars. Uranus adjusted her stance, uncomfortable with the way Mars was antagonizing him and Hotoru in such a vulnerable position. So far though, Happosai wasn't putting off any hints of an attack although that could change in a heartbeat.

A match flicked out of nowhere and lit the pipe. Taking short puffs, he then blew out a smoke ring. "Interesting question, I'm not sure why I'm here. Truthfully, I don't know. One moment I was fighting that engrate student of mine, the next I was blasted here. Now, if you must know my intentions I have a need to find a heir for my school. I'm not getting any younger you know." He briefly glanced at Hotoru, but no one noticed the slip.

Pluto tapped her foot. The answers he was giving were interesting, but everything he was saying didn't ring any bells in her memory. That school of his could be interesting to look up. "What do you know of Crystal Tokyo? Or the Silver Millenium?" You couldn't get more direct than that.

"No idea Pluto-chan. First I've heard of them." Tapping out the ashes in his pipe into a cup on the table, then putting it away he gave a sigh. Leaping up to a small window completely catching everyone off guard he called out before leaving, "Well, it's been nice. I'm off to rescue my silky darlings! See you around!"

Everyone but Pluto made a move to chase after him.

"Sit!" Everyone froze and looked back at the senshi of time. "You will do no such thing at this time. I am going to the time gates. This foe is one that require planning to defeat. Till then, but on your best guard." At that, she disappeared.

......

Later that night, Hotoru closed the door to her bedroom. Something felt, off. A quick scan of the room and she noticed a note scrawled out on her pillow.

It read, *To my new student, it was a pleasure meeting you tonight. I have an offer to make you, and one that may also help you gain strength. I will meet you later this week for your decision. Happosai.*

Her numb fingers dropped the note, and she ran out her bedroom door.

Outside on the roof, Happosai knodded and hefted the large bundle. "One job done, now to go back to Mars-baby for that room."

Rei was just settling in when she heard a noise in the corner. Now on full alert, she pulled a bokken out of her closet. 'What? I didn't realize I had one of these.' Shaking her head clear of thoughts, she concentrated on destroying the intruder. Raising it above her head, she then swung it down. It landed in something soft. Kicking out, she breathed out in relief. "Only laundry."

Turning the lights on, she turned and saw one of the largest piles of women's unmentionables. "What in the world!?"

"You like?"

"IEEEEE!" She weirled to hit the intruder. It was stopped with just a finger. Her surprise stopped her assault, "Wha?"

"Hey, Mars-baby. Like my presents?" Happosai brought his hand down.

"Presents?" Her mind caught up with her. "Why you!? What makes you think I want those, those -things- ?!" she pointed at the pile of pink and white frilly garments.

Happosai changed to a puppydog eyes look, "You mean you don't like them? I was out all night freeing them for you Mars-baby." Turning his back to her, "Is it too much to ask for this old man to try and cheer up all he has left in this world?"

Rei wasn't ready for this other change in warfare and truely thought he was crying, "Err, its not that I don't like them, its just that... uhm..."

His head turned slightly toward her, "You mean you don't hate me?"

"Uhm, not entirely."

He jumped at Rei, "Thank you! Now try out this little number for me." He glomped on.

She screamed and swiped to get him off. Happosai easily flipped away, but had a grin on his face. "Now, that doesn't look so bad."

Rei looked down, and saw a black, partially transparent, lacy, Victoria's secret bra on the outside of her pajamas. A red aura flared around her and she clenched her fist, "Why you... DIE!" The bokken was again swinging through the air, missing its target everytime.

On the other side of the house, Grandpa Hino woke to the sound of rightous female fury rampaging through the hallway. Still in his boxers, he slid open the door to his personal quarters. His eyes grew wide as Happosai whipped past, with Rei in her night clothes in a black bra close behind. "Now that is something you don't see everyday."

As the two started to come back, he stepped out in front of the two. "Stop."

Rei skid to a stop beside her grandfather, while Happosai stopped directly in front of the other old man.

"Who are you?" Hino straightened, for once taking advantage of someone just barely shorter than himself.

"Me? I am Grandmaster of the Anything Goes School of Martial Arts. I brought Mars-baby here some gifts, and she was just showing her appreciation for them." Happosai bowed to the shinto priest.

Rei again raised her bokken to strike, "Why you - I'll show you appreciation-"

"Hold, I'll make the decision for violence on the shrine grounds. Now, what makes you think you can come in here thinking you can reveal Sailor Mar's secret?"

Rei paled, "You knew?"

Hino knodded, "It wasn't hard my dear, what with your friends chatting. It isn't really hard to overhear."

Happosai knodded, "Yes, I knew. It wasn't so hard with someone of my skills. I was more looking to see if I could find a room to stay for a while. In return I can help Mars-baby with...."

Hino grinned, "I think we can accomodate you." Turning, Happosai followed behind. "There is this nice young man I think could use a few pointers with Rei. You wouldn't happen to be able to help him also?"

"I think I can help."

The bokken clattered on the wooden floor. Rei stared forward, "I don't believe this is happening, my life is over."

=========================================================