Ah My Goddess Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Happosai Chronicles ❯ Laying Down Roots ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Happosai Chronicles
Chapter 3 -Laying Down Roots
http://ranko.homelinux.net
by Afroplex

Disclaimer: I do not own Ranma 1/2, Sailor Moon, or any of the characters mentioned in this fanfic. I highly recommend you check out the original anime or manga that the creators put out.



"Now, to find an heir..." He jumped from roof to roof with a large bag full of the latest finds. "Without Ranma bothering me though, I'm free to persue interests whenever." He then frowned slightly, realizing it just wouldn't have the challenge rush he experienced before. All of a sudden, he felt a powerful force immerge out of nowhere. Changing direction, he hoped it would attract a few of those pretty ladies he met up with last night.

Sailor Iron Mouse laughed as her youma caused mass damage. "Yes, keep causing damage Cromedome! Then we shall see what these sailor scouts are truely made of."

Chromedome spun her wheeled feet, "Shopping cart assault!" Several arms came out of her back, with shopping carts attached to each end. They smashed through a candy store, spilling gum drops all around the floor from broken machines.

"Halt! Fiend!"

Iron Mouse snickered, and brushed back her white hair. "Finally the famed sailor scouts I've heard about have arrived."

Sailor Moon stood up on one of the benches along the sides of the mall. "I won't stand by and let you destroy people's pleasure to shop. In the name of the moon..."

Mars, Mercury, and Jupitor took up stances and picked up the speech, "we will punish you!"

It was during this scene that Happosai arrived, raining a spread of women's unmentionables over Chromedome, the scouts, and Iron Mouse.

Chromedome lifted up a handful, "What is this?" The she-monster then felt something different.

"Hmmm... A little different, too much exercise I suppose?" A voice from below.

"What is this?" Sailor Iron Mouse was offended. "How dare you take me so lightly old fool. Destroy him!"

"Money wrap!" A string of attached yen bills came out of the youma's back and attempted to capture Happosai. It was a simple matter to dodge, and Chromedome was tied up by her own attack. Smoking his pipe, Happosai landed beside Chromedome - and with a simple push - the youma fell flat on her face humuliated.

"Mars baby! Long time no see." He sidestepped a clumsy kick by the downed youma. "What are you doing here out of school?"

The scouts were appauled by Happosai's ease of defeating their enemy. Knodding as one, they changed priorities to the higher threat.

"Mercury bubbles splash!"

The area was filled with a dense fog, something only the scouts could see through. Well, supposedly that was to be the case. Happosai was used to night raids and was not limited to sight, and relied on feeling with his aura. Galaxia's minion was the first to find out first hand this fact.

Bystanders sweatdropped as they heard within the cloud of cold mist several femine screams, with a few punchuated yells of victory by an unknown old man.

"Hotcha!"
"Aiiiieeee! Get off me you ugly freak!"
"Jupitor thunder cra--what the... get it off, get it off!"
"Hold on there, it think I have him. Hey, why am I wearing a wonder bra?"
"Consider it a gift Mars-baby. It looks so great on you!"
There was silence for a bit.
"Come on out you pervert so I can KILL you!

Pluto teleported in a short distance away. Her eye started twitching when she realized what was going on. "Mercury, lift the fog! He is using it to his advantage!"

Mercury immediately complied. The scene revealed Mars trying to get out of an embarrasing lacy bra and panties - worn on the outside. Jupitor and Sailor Iron Mouse were back to back, for a moment agreeing to combine forces to fend off the threat to the female side of the species. Sailor Moon was beating on something she thought was the pervert with the moon sceptor, but happened to be the youma's head. Mercury was scanning the area for Happosai, and spotted him going through one of the stores - it wasn't hard though since several screams were coming out of Victoria's Secret.

Iron Mouse decided now would be a good time to get out. Also since the youma was knocked out but not dead, she decided to take it back with her. A portal opened and pulled them through, her voice echoing through it as it closed, "I'll be back you old pervert!"

Sailor Moon sweat dropped, "Heh, usually they say that to me."

Happosai jumped out of the store, looked both ways and ran off in a random direction with a bag full of new merchandise. As he disappeared around the corner, "See you tonight Mars-baby, and please bring by Pluto-chan!"

Mars and Pluto simply clenched their fists and stomped off, the stone floor cracking under their steps. Pluto turned to the remaining scouts, "Come, we need to stop him before Galaxia gets to him. Tonight is our chance."

Happosai sighed, "All that, and I still haven't been able to come across an appropriate heir. Especially one that is loyal.... one that will unquestionably follow my wisdom. Genma and Soun were doing fine, but lacked ambition to raise the school to new levels."

He trudged along and came across another school. While finding a female heir would suit him perfectly, most likely they wouldn't find his hobbies satisfactory which ruled out most of the population at Mars' private school. He also needed someone young so he could start with a mind with a clean of outside influences. Classes were just starting to get out, and gave him the best opportunity to survey the population. Now, if only he had Genma's forbidden techniques his job would be easier... along with the afterhour hobbies.

Sitting silently, he listened in on the students coming out.

"Did you hear? That top student lost her perfect attendence today!"
"Ya I heard that she went to the mall. There was a youma attack."
"Na, I heard it was a pervert."

Happosai grinned at learning his fame was spreading so quickly.

Next, a group of four girls game out. His eyes widened in recognition of their auras.

"Ami, its not that big a deal! You of all people shouldn't be that concerned skipping two classes. It was important we were there."

"I don't like it either way. Now I may need to come in after class tomorrow to clarify a few of the topics I missed."

Usagi countered, "Ya, but you will get an A on the midterm no matter what."

Minako patted the senshi leader on the back, "Now Usagi, don't count your chickens before they explode."

"That's before they hatch," Makoto corrected.

"Ya, that's what I said." A round of growns insued.

As the four left the grounds, Happosai stayed a moment longer. One of the individuals that stood out, Umino, would be a good candidate if he was more athletic, which could be remedied with time. After all, the first requirement was the correct mindset and a willness to learn from anyone, and only those that stood out from the crowd may have that certain gift that set them apart. That cinched it, and his decision was made.

Jumping down, he ran ahead to catch up with the prospective heir. Now was a time to show off and convence the boy. Up ahead, he saw the boy talking with some girl. "Umino!"

Umino adjusted his huge glasses and looked around for the source of the voice. "Who said that?"

Happosai looked up from behind the boy, "Right here boy, behind you."

Umino's partner, Naru, squinted down at the master. "Are you some sort of leprachaun or something?"

At the prospect of finding such a scientific find, Umino's adreniline started pumping, "This is great! We'll be the first people to present a live specimen to the scientific community! We must catch it!"

The huge miscalculation that Happosai had made in his possible heir made itself clear. First, the boy had _too_ much brains, or too little depending on the person. This was deducted from what he had just proclaimed. Second, he would need more than extremely massive amounts of training to get up to even Ukyo's level. This was made clear by observing the slow way the boy moved to try and catch Happosai, and promptly tripped on nothing. Deciding to get something out of this little jog, Happosai jumped over Umino at Naru.

"Eeeekk! Get it off! Why does this always happen to me!" The senshi were long gone, and that left Umino to her defense. Getting up, Umino lunged once again at the perverted 'leprachaun'. Said leprachaun leaped off in time to the top of the school wall and ran its length to disappear around the corner.

Umino couldn't stop himself from moving, and fell on top of Naru. They fell over, and silence insued for about half a minute. "Umino, would you mind getting off?"

Umino the Geek, the Innocent (most of the time), and one of the most shy individuals around women - his brain was on overload. Standing up mechanically, and removing his hands from two mounds, he helped his friend up. He then ran as fast as he could.

"Umino! Come back! It was an accident!" Naru called and tried to follow him, but quickly lost him down one of the many narrow spaces between buildings in the residental areas.

Elsewhere, Happosai was disappointed, but was determined not to give up. Only the exceptional, the ones that stood out, would be the best material to work with. He'd just have to look harder, and widen his search. Perhaps even going to China later ot see if there was an Amazon tribe (preferably one that wasn't after his life either).

"Well, I suppose I should return to the shrine, I'm sure she brought all her friends too. Pluto-chan should be there too."

Waddling along, he decided to get something to eat. Ducking into a ramen shop, he ordered their largest beef ramen bowl which was about as large as he was. Grabbing a pair of chopsticks, he dug in, ignoring those around him. He also failed to notice the three women that came in to eat.

Haruka opened the door to let Micharu and Hotaru in. "We've still got a half hour till we need to be there, I'm starving."

A waitress greeted the three, "Welcome to the Imperial Palace Restaurant, please follow me." They were lead into the restaurant, and sat in a booth behind Happosai who was still oblivious to their presense.

Micharu propped her head up on her hands, "I've never eatten here before, they just open recently?" Opening the menu, "Hmm, they have a wide selection of spicy food, but not too much in the range that you would like."

Hotoru looked at the menu, "That's alright, I'm sure I can take it."

At that moment, Happosai finished his bowl and started to take in his surroundings. He then heard a young soft voice behind him finish talking.

"I've taken worse."

*The girl has the attitude, perhaps I may have a new pupil similar to little Hinako-chan.* Pressing himself into the cushened seats of the booth, Happosai listened carefully to the three in the booth. A nagging thought also itched in the back of his mind saying he's met them before, but he ignored it.

"Ok, but if it is too much for you, I'll get you something different. Ok dear?"

Happosai frowned, *Her two friends seem a little overprotective of her, I'll have to do something about that.*

The waitress returned to their table, "Ready to order?"

"Um... yes. I'll have number twentysix."
"Same here. What about you Hotoru?"

*Hotoru is her name... now for the other two.*

"Um... ten looks good. I'll try that."

"Thank you. I'll be back with your orders in a few minutes." As the waitress passed Happosai's table, she paused. "Is everything alright sir?"

Happosai absent mindedly answered, "Yes, thank you."

Micharu, Hotoru, and Haruka straightened at the voice. Their thoughts all mirrored. "Him."

Their sudden change in emotion sent off alarm bells in Happosai's mind. He now also recognized them. However, he fought down the urge to greet the pretty ladies from last night as it wouldn't help his position with Hotoru if it already wasn't ruined from the previous night's welcome. Slapping down a note saying to forward the bill to the Hikawa shrine, he jumped out an open window.

Haruka and Micharu were on their feet, but by the time they had gotten around to the booth the pervert was occupying they were too late. Haruka flagged down the waitress, "Um, miss? We have a change of plans. Mind if we get that to go?"

Outside, Happosai ran to the shrine with multiple plans going through he head as to how to get a room, redeem himself with Hotoru and start her training, and still enjoy the company of the other pretty ladies. Nothing came to mind, so he shrugged his shoulders, "Guess I'll have to wing it."