Ah My Goddess Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Long Time, Short Summer ❯ Prologue

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Long Time, Short Summer

A Ranma ½ X-Over Fan-Fic

Written by

'Tajigen Senshi Akuuma'

Disclaimers # 'Ranma ½', Ah My Goddess & Sailor Moon were invented by someone else.

"-----" Speech.

*-----* Thoughts.

#-----# Signs.

(-----) Personal comments.

Prologue

It was a tranquil night in Nerima for a change. It was on an unusually quiet night such as this within a small & meagrely furnished bedroom located above Ucchan's Okonomiyaki Restaurant that what appeared to be a very pretty girl dressed as a kunoichi was kneeling on a towel with a tanto pointed towards his belly.

"His belly?" I hear you (The reader) cry, "…that's a girl isn't it?"

"Despite appearances, Konatsu is very much a he," I (The author of this fan-fic) assured everyone, "…he makes a very convincing girl doesn't he?"

Well on with the story!

In front of him upon the neatly made bed is a sheet of paper with a message written in a very neat & concise fashion, it reads:

******

Ucchan,

I am sorry to do this to you, but my mind is made up. I know now that you couldn't return the love I have for you & I cannot see any purpose in continuing this charade that is my life any longer. I hope that there is a better thing waiting for me on the 'other side' or at the very least the peace that oblivion offers.

I hope for your sake Ucchan that you find happiness even if it doesn't include Ranma in it.

Goodbye & thanks for everything,

Konatsu

******

"I hope that they will understand that I have done this with a clear understanding of what I was doing." The male kunoichi mumbled with a face whose eyes have long since dried up.

There is no further purpose in sobbing over lost love anymore, only the ironic sense of relief that embracing death offers occupies his mind now. He shuts his eyes tightly as he thrusts the blade into the left side of his exposed belly & with a pained determination, he slid the tanto to the other side, extracted the now bloodied blade, dropped it on the floor & waited for death to claim him.

It never did!

A halo of cerulean appeared above his head, engulfing him totally before it disappeared taking Konatsu with it.

A gust of wind for no apparent reason blew in from the half opened window causing the curtains to flutter.

Suddenly, a halo of crimson formed at the same place the azure halo showed up moments before. It grew until a man wearing a navy blue tang with a pair of black opaque tights appeared out of the menacing glow before it shrunk back into nothingness, leaving him standing on the towel where Konatsu was just seconds ago.

The mysterious man looked around his surrounding, gazed at the tanto with fresh blood on the blade & then he noticed the suicide note on the bed & picked it up. His eyes turned into the size of dinner plates.

"I don't believe it," The mystery man exclaimed, "…out of all the places I have been to & all the things I have seen, I would not have believed that after so many life-times that I could end up back where I started from."

He picked up the tanto so he could wash the blood off of it. He quickly grabbed the suicide note, scrunched it up tightly & tossed it into the wastebasket after rebounding it off the wall.

He reached into his tang & pulled out a medallion with what used to be a shiny green jewel on the inside, but as soon as he opened it the glow faded & the gem turned into a dull ember.

"Well Konatsu, it looks like you're stuck here," He mused to himself, "…I wonder how Ucchan, Ranma & the rest of the gang are gonna react to all the changes I have gone through?" He kicked off his shoes, removed his tang, opened the sheets of his bed, climbed in & covered himself.

Konatsu reached for the lamp & turned off the light. As he slowly drifted off to a well-deserved sleep, one last conscious thought popped in his head before he surrendered himself to slumber. *Wait til they getta load of me! *