Ah My Goddess Fan Fiction ❯ Conflicted Hearts ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

-I'M ALIVE!!! FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE, THAT I KNOW THAT I'M A…(stops singing). Uh hehe! Sorry. Anyways, yes, your eyes are not deceiving you. This is chapter 2 of “Conflicted Hearts”! So, yes, I'm alive. Well, if you have looked inside of my profile and seen what I have updated (all my Teen Titan stories, my Eva story, and yes, even Totally Spies, don't ask), then of course, I was always alive. But if you were one of the few fans of this ONE chapter story, then you would've been wondering where I have been. Well, I did warn you that this story wouldn't be updated often because again, all I've seen are the OVA. I hope to watch the movie to get more ideas but that idea right now is on hold. Being as poor as I am, and struggling with passing school, buying the manga is, sadly, low on my list. However, I am determined to move forward with this story! And this is the result of it!
 
-With that said, first, thanks to all the reviews. And thank you Misfit for the website. Wow that's a lot of volumes that I one day hope to all have. ;-) Seriously, they do help me flesh out the background story a bit. There is SO much more to the story in the manga then there are in the OVA, it's not even funny (like for example, when Belldandy finds that temple, it wasn't simply empty like the OVA. Plus the many races with Aoshima, all before Skuld arrived!). In fact, I guess I could say that this story will be more like the manga then they are the anime (although I would need to change a few things in order to completely conform to the manga up to where this story is supposed to end. At the moment, it appears that it will be a kind of strange amalgamation of the two!). Unfortunately, while this helps with the background part of the story (plus their powers, how they work, what some of the terms mean, etc. ALL will be helpful for this story), not so much on the characterization. Well, while the site does describe their personalities (again, that helps a lot), it would still be better if I have the source material in front of me. After all, being bratty could mean many things. So again, OOC is possible.
 
-Oh, and one more thing, I have taken your advice, and am now writing this story in the past tense.
 
Edit…if you are reading this on Mediaminer, stop scratching you head and thinking I'm nuts (Well, okay I am…but that's another story entirely…)! I wrote the above…when I first put it up on FFN. Since I'm too lazy to change the above…well…you're seeing it as is!
 
-Now, without further ado, on with the story!
 
Nekomi Tech - Hallway
 
Skuld was sneaking around the campus. She watched Belldandy and Keiichi enter one of the lecture halls. She looked from side to side, before advancing forward towards Belldandy and Keiichi. `Before I can initiate Operation Goddess Change, I have to do some research first!' Skuld, trying to be as concealed as possible, by wearing a normal school girl uniform (has to look somewhat normal to the other people), passed by a group of students. Skuld over heard one particular female student while she was behind a column.
 
“One day, I'll get Keiichi!” The first girl said.
 
“But every time you try to break them up, something always get in the way Sayoko!” The second girl responded.
 
“True.” Sayoko said back with determination on her face. “But none of that will stop me!”
 
Skuld thought about what she said. `Sounds like the System Force was in play.' Skuld thought about the incident earlier with the failed race and what this woman said. She pondered the implications of this matter. `I'm so stupid! How can I forget about the System Force?!' Skuld began to ponder her next move. `Obviously it can't be directly challenged.' She looked at Sayoko. `Maybe I can use this to my advantage somehow…'
 
-Meanwhile…
 
Lecture Hall
 
Keiichi was writing down notes from Professor Tanaka. He was trying to keep up, really he was. After the recent incident, he fell behind a few days as he recovered. It didn't help matters that Professor Tanaka seemed to talk at a rate no one in their right mind could keep up with. When Professor Tanaka finally paused to take a breath, Keiichi glanced at Belldandy and smiled. `It is so great that she is here. I don't know what I'd do without her.'
 
Belldandy smiled back at Keiichi. `Things should be returning too normal now. But something doesn't feel right…'
 
Soon, the Professor started talking again. Both Keiichi and Belldandy returned their attention to him. Although Belldandy already knew everything the Professor was teaching, something that she never tells Keiichi about since he apparently never ask her (not that it mattered since Belldandy can solve problems through her goddess powers if need be), she was still happy to attend, especially if it meant being close to Keiichi.
 
Urd was sitting in the back row watching the `lovely' couple. `What can I do to get them closer to one another? They are too stubborn to go beyond simply kissing!' Urd thought about this for some time and realized this wasn't completely right. `They are too stubborn to kiss period!' She knew that they have kissed a few times, but they weren't anything deep. `For a suppose couple, they sure aren't acting like one.' Urd frowned. `I mean, after all the times when I tried to help them get together…' Her thoughts went back to the time when she wanted to give Keiichi a backrub, and also have sex with him that, well, lead to her banishment from Heaven. `Okay, so I might not have been the most help, but still…'
 
Suddenly, the students inside Professor Tanaka's class all turned to the commotion that was happening outside the classroom.
 
“What could that be?” Keiichi wondered out loud.
 
Urd turned to the commotion. “Sounds like Skuld.” She laid back and shut her eyes. She suddenly opened them again when she realized what she just said. “Skuld?”
 
The class suddenly started heading outside to see what was going on.
 
Professor Tanaka was writing something on the board. “As you can see, you take the root of this number and…” When he turned back to his class, all the students were gone. “Huh? Three o'clock already?”
 
Hallway
 
“What is a kid doing here?” A passing student asked Skuld.
 
“I'm not a kid!” Skuld screamed at the male student. “And I'm here to visit my sister! Got a problem with that?” Skuld poked the male student.
 
“Your sister?” The male student crossed his arms. “What, she left you all alone or something?”
 
Skuld stepped on his foot. “Yeah…SO?!” Skuld reached into her blouse and stuck her tongue out. “Pddddddddddtttt!”
 
The male student scowled at Skuld. “So, you want to fight little lady? I'll give you a fight.”
 
The male student's friend gave a worried look at him. “Um, Senoske, do you really think it is wise to start a fight? With a kid even!”
 
Senoske brushed off his friend's concern. “Don't worry. Since it is only a kid, I'll be gentle!”
 
“I told you I'm not a kid!” Skuld narrowed her eyes. “And I'll prove it to you!” She took out a Skuld Bomb.
 
Soon, the hallway filled with students from Professor Tanaka's class. Including Urd, Keiichi, and Belldandy.
 
Belldandy saw Skuld and was stunned. “Skuld?!”
 
Skuld stopped what she was doing when she heard Belldandy's voice. “Um, hi big sister.”
 
Urd crossed her arms. “What is Skuld doing here?” She looked suspiciously at her. “Another attempt to break up Keiichi and Belldandy maybe?” Urd frowned at this prospect. “Doesn't she ever learn?”
 
Skuld just stood there with the bomb raised in one hand above her. “Um…”
 
Senoske looked at Skuld, then back at Belldandy, then back at Skuld. “She's your sister?!” Senoske bowed his head in shame in front of Belldandy. Given his respect for Belldandy, he instantly felt ashamed for confronting her sister like that. “I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry! If I knew she was your sister…”
 
Belldandy smiled at him. “It's okay! Though I do have a few things to talk to Skuld about.”
 
“Keiichi!” Sayoko waved at him. “So, I see Bell's sisters are here.”
 
Keiichi turned to Sayoko. “Yeah…um…by the way, what are you doing here?”
 
Sayoko smiled. She took out a flyer. “I just wanted to ask you if you would like to accompany me for some tea. I have this free coupon. Its just…tea.”
 
“Skuld, what were you doing here?” Belldandy looked down at Skuld.
 
Skuld finally lowered the bomb and held it with both hands. “I was here to look! And…to say hi! That's all!” Goddesses weren't supposed to lie. Technically, none of that was a lie so, no problem for Skuld!
 
Belldandy smiled. “Is that all? That's nice.”
 
Urd popped up behind Skuld. “And to cause trouble for Keiichi and Bell right?”
 
Somehow, this pissed off Skuld. “Trouble?! YOU'RE the one that usually causes the trouble!” Skuld threw the bomb down causing a ton of smoke to appear. “Oops.”
 
This caused the sprinkler system to go off and everyone started to get drenched.
 
Urd frantically looked around. “We'd better be going! Kid or not they won't be happy with someone playing with bombs here.”
 
Sayoko stood in the soaking rain. She saw Keiichi run off and saddened. She then looked at her wet clothes. “Why me?”
 
Random people in the crowd screamed as the water hit them. The crowd started to disperse as they were being drenched in water.
 
Keiichi looked at himself as he was being soaked. “Guess we should head back home and dry up.”
 
Belldandy nodded.
 
Skuld watched Sayoko run to the gym to get a towel. “All that for tea?” `This could be harder then I thought. A challenge worthy of Skuld!' Skuld smirked.
 
Morisato's Residence
 
“Thanks.” Keiichi accepted the tea Belldandy gave her. “Well, this certainly has been an interesting day!”
 
Belldandy smiled. “Not as interesting as some other days Keiichi!” Still, she couldn't shake that something wasn't right. She took a glance at Skuld who was typing on her laptop (AN: I know she doesn't have one in the OVA or manga. But hey, it's the 21st century, she has one now!). `It's probably nothing.'
 
Urd was also staring at Skuld. `What is she planning?'
 
Skuld ignored the glares that she was receiving and continued typing. She was trying to figure out a way around the System Force problem. `Since technically I'm not trying to break the contract, yet, I should be fine right?' Suddenly, an error message appeared. “Error? What do you mean error?” Skuld clicked okay then another error messaged appeared. She continued to click okay until her screen went all blue with an error message. “The blue screen of death? I'm Skuld! This can't happen to me?” Skuld continued to bang her keyboard.
 
Urd and Belldandy sweat dropped.
 
“What is the blue screen of death Skuld?” Belldandy blinked confused. “It isn't anything bad is it?”
 
“No. It isn't dangerous. But, it is bad for me!” Skuld pounded on her laptop's keyboard.
 
Though Keiichi was oblivious to the concerns that Urd and Belldandy had with Skuld, he wasn't oblivious to Skuld banging on her computer. “Um, Skuld, something wrong?”
 
Belldandy looked at Skuld's laptop screen. “Skuld, are you sure this isn't dangerous?”
 
Skuld was momentarily stunned when Belldandy looked over her shoulder. Then, Skuld gave an embarrassed smile. “It's nothing big sister! I'm just having a little computer trouble at the moment! That's all!” Skuld continued to bang on her keyboard. `Looks like I have to hard restart. Stupid piece of junk!'
 
“Here, maybe this would help.” Urd used her spell to `fix' Skuld's laptop.
 
Like everything else, it did the exact opposite.
 
“What the?” Skuld's laptop exploded. Skuld shatters what remains of the laptop on the ground. “URD!!!”
 
“Oops?” Urd scratched the back of her head in befuddlement. “Guess that didn't help did it?”
 
“No really?” Skuld took out another Skuld bomb.
 
“Please! We shouldn't be fighting.” Belldandy got in-between the two. “We'll get you a new computer Skuld!”
 
“What?!” Keiichi sat stunned. “That laptop cost me 100,000 yen (AN: about $1000 with the current exchange rate)!” He looked at Skuld, then at Urd, then at Belldandy. He started to feel bad for the young goddess. “I'll look for a part time job tomorrow.”
 
“Don't bother.” Skuld started walking towards her room. “I'll build my own laptop. This time, even better!” She ran off to her room.
 
Belldandy watched Skuld run off and sighed. “Well, as long as she's happy…”
 
“Yeah…” Though Keiichi still felt bad about what has happened, he did have other concerns right now. “Oh, the homework! I should get started on it right now.” Although Professor Tanaka was interrupted by today's events, that was still no excuse not to do the homework for his class. Especially since it was on the syllabus.
 
Urd was still suspicious of Skuld's activity. But at the moment, she didn't concern herself with that. So she left to do something fun. “Maybe another love potion?” Urd thought out loud.
“URD!” Belldandy yelled from another room.
 
“I was only joking.” Urd grinned.
 
Skuld's Room
 
Skuld started working on a device that would help protect her devices from, tampering. While she was doing this, she started formulating a plan to break up Keiichi and Belldandy by having Urd fall in love with her. `Maybe one of Urd's spell? Nah. Or maybe…nah. Then someone would have to make it. Who could I turn to help in this endeavor?' Skuld threw down the wrench. “There is no challenge that I can't handle! I think.” Skuld scowled again.
 
Mara's Lair
 
“There's got to be a way to defeat those stupid goody goody goddesses!” Mara yelled in indignation.
 
“Maybe we could turn the goddess against themselves?” Senbei said to her.
 
“Are you stupid?! Have the goddesses turn against each other is…” Mara thought about this for a few moments. “Maybe…” Then she shook her head. “No! That's a stupid plan!” She kicked Senbei away.
 
-------End of Chapter 2
 
I am done with Chapter 2! Granted, it was a short chapter compared to my other updates, but hey, at least I FINALLY updated this one right? And second, Mara's servant is simply a placeholder. I haven't figured out who it might be or even if she should have one. Again, due to me NOT having the mangas in hand, this really limits my story to an extent.
 
And speaking of not having the mangas on hand, this was one of the reasons why this chapter was so short (couldn't think of many scenes) and why, sadly, you shouldn't expect the third chapter anytime soon. One day, one day I keep telling myself, one day…
 
Next chapter…uh, something happens. Until then, later?
 
Proofread and revised slightly!
 
-Omake
 
Skuld: FINALLY! An update!
 
Urd: I know! When do I get to be with Keiichi?
 
Belldandy: (earrings crack) Never?
 
SimmyC: Um, much later. I hope to have some Skuld causing a little mischief before then.
 
Skuld: Cool! What kind of mischief?
 
SimmyC: …
 
Skuld: (getting mad) Well?!
 
SimmyC: I don't know yet kid. Something that would cause Urd and Keiichi to be closer.
 
Skuld: I am NOT a kid! Kyah! (whacks me with her polo stick)
 
Belldandy: (with a phony smile) We'll see about that!
 
SimmyC: (rubs head) Ow.
 
Sam: (From Totally Spies) Hey Sim! When you are going to continue our story?
 
Alex: Yeah! It was getting…ummm…bloody.
 
SimmyC: I just updated that one! Can't you wait?
 
Skuld: AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Phony American anime characters!
 
Clover: (sweat dropped) Okay, we're phony FRENCH anime characters. And besides, what the heck are you three wearing? Are you some mystical gods or something?
 
Goddesses: Um, yeah.
 
Clover: Oh, well then…
 
Sailor Mercury: (in trailer) Sim! Where are you?
 
SimmyC: (sweat dropped) Um…in a minute.
 
Goddesses and Spies: (looking at me funny)
 
SimmyC: What?