Ah My Goddess Fan Fiction ❯ Conflicted Hearts ❯ Chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

-Chapter 4 of “Conflicted Hearts”! Things are moving forward now that I have the mangas up to Volume 28! Um, okay, so…uhhhh…some are scanlations, but hey, at least I have something right? Taking me a while to get through them, but I am getting through them.
 
-First, I like to revise my saying player 0 is my one true fan since, there are others! Well, at least others VERY interested in this fic. So, I hope I didn't alienate you into thinking I was writing for just one person because, I'm writing for ALL my fans for this little story!
 
-Second, in response to Zentrodie and VoidHawks' review, I too, see nothing wrong with Bell/K1. In fact, Belldandy is my favorite character followed CLOSELY behind, by Urd, and then Peorth. I just don't like the pace of their relationship. Granted, if we use the actual timeline, and not the time since the first mangas have been released, then it would be five years and not fifteen (according to gateway dot cjb dot net. Great OMG website BTW). But still, given how close they are, you'd thing something would have happened by now. Or, since Bell is one of those traditional girls, at least something resembling marriage, like a proposal even? Not even that! That's why an Urd/K1 concept intrigues me.
 
-And to show that I'm such a huge fan of Bell, I could write a self-insert fic with Bell and I! ^_^ Then again…NO (if I did, it would be a SHINING example of why SI fics should NEVER be written. SI fics should DIE!), but that does show that Bell is my favorite of the three. Four if you include Peorth.
 
-Third, apologizes if Urd's characterization was a little off. Going through a few chapters, she is a little more, well, upfront about her sexuality then I had shown so far. Also, she was a lot meaner to Skuld too. This should be remedied in the upcoming chapters.

-Fourth, Chapter 3 has been proofread and revised. I had somehow combined Megumi, Sora, and Chihiro characterization together! WRONG! However, now that I think about it, it should be Sora (or even Chihiro herself) instead of Megumi in the last chapter since Megumi is in the softball club. Still, at least I got them separated!
 
-Speaking of plan…what plan? Uh…hehehe. That's another reason why this story doesn't have a lot of updates (besides me wanting the mangas). And why poor Skuld is currently stuck trying to think up one (because of me). I needed to see how Skuld handles her plans to break them up. While I know the horrible affects it will have at the Morisato Residence, what it is at this point, I don't know. Not exactly something proud to admit right? Well, while I have some idea now, I do welcome suggestions!
 
-Dang! Pretty long AN this time. Well, without further ado, on with the story!
 
Morisato's Residence - Skuld's Room
 
Skuld began jotting down all the stuff that she knew. First, the System Force enforces the contract as long as it is in place. Second, as much as it pains her to think it, Belldandy was NOT obligated to comply with the contract, and could leave anytime she wants. This means that Belldandy was here on her own free will. This, to Skuld's mind, meant that Keiichi was responsible for Belldandy complying with the contract. `My sister is too kind. Well, no, my sister is perfect! Just that…it…' Her thoughts returned to Keiichi. “Stupid Keiichi! It's all your fault!”
 
After a few minutes, she sighed and calmed down. She would be working on her laptop…if she had one. Of course, that doesn't mean that she was completely stuck. Just means that she had to do calculations by hand, or that old outdated computer Keiichi used. Of course, she is a goddess, and her mental capacity is FAR superior then that of normal mortals, but still, a computer wouldn't hurt. One thing she had to admit though, Keiichi was helping her with that issue. In fact, Keiichi helped her in a lot of ways. For example, when she and her sisters were losing her power due to the Yggdrasil incident, it was Keiichi who helped get their powers back thanks to a few moon rocks. And during that whole beach fiasco when Skuld got in just in time to hear Keiichi say `I Love You', even though it was directed at Belldandy, no matter how hard she denied it, she actually liked him in a way. Sure, she tried to pass it off as her becoming more emotional due to, well, growing up, as Belldandy had said was the reason, but still, deep down inside, she held some fondness for Keiichi and didn't want to see him hurt even if he was taking her sister away.
 
This made her a little more determined to pair Keiichi up with that mean, selfish, obnoxious, and arrogant Urd to him! `What was that term? Kill two birds with one stone?' Keep Keiichi happy, and she gets her sister back! Heck, maybe even make Urd happy! Even with their differences, she didn't want her hurt either! However…there was still a question about Keiichi's happiness. “Maybe I'm seeing this wrong. Although Urd seemed to feel something for that idiot, I'm…I'm not so sure about Keiichi.” She lowered her head. `So what can I do to check if there is something between him and Urd? It was hard enough trying to figure out a way to make Belldandy and Keiichi separate just long enough for something to happen. I mean I know Keiichi wished Belldandy to be by his side always, but they don't have to be THAT close together always! It's just too much! Especially if I'm trying to separate them!'
 
Suddenly, a light bulb went off in her head. `Singing lessons! While she's with me, Keiichi could be falling all over Urd when that happens!' Her smile however, faded as she thought of something. `But Bell always seemed to get there in the nick of time. They'd brush it off as a big misunderstanding, and then they are all back together again. Its like…the System Force is in play. Grrr! Even though it doesn't intervene in EVERY crisis since it does allow a great deal of free will, at the same time, it was strong enough to prevent any major attacks to the contract! Why does it have to be so strong?' Her plans have to somehow circumvent the contract just enough so that idiot would fall for her other sister.
 
Then another light bulb flashed in her head. `The wish…it only stated that Keiichi be with someone LIKE Belldandy!' A big smile appeared on her face, before it faded again. “If you narrow her meaning down to a First Class Goddess Unlimited, that eliminates me AND Urd.' Then a big grin appeared again. `But what about Peorth? She's also a First Class Unlimited! Heck, if you add her category, they are ALSO the same!' However, doubt was creeping into her mind again. “But first, to find out what Keiichi really thinks about Urd…” She built a little listening `bug' device that will first, find Keiichi and follow him around. “Let's hope this will reveal something!” She set it loose, and it searched for Keiichi.
 
Of course, it should be noted that she didn't think about what would happen if she actually succeeded.
 
Morisato's Residence - Urd's Castle
 
Urd raised an eyebrow when she heard Skuld's outburst. She shook her head. “You'd think by now she'd learn something.” She sighed, and continued to watch TV. `Maybe I will force her to make useless machines again. That will teach that little ingrate a lesson or two.'
 
However, Skuld's earlier questioning did get her hot and bothered. Especially since it forced her to think about things that she never considered, especially her thoughts on Keiichi. `I…I really shouldn't be thinking this!' She blushed slightly. `Although I wouldn't mind taking his…' She put an instant stop to that thought. Still, every time she thought about Keiichi and Belldandy…together, something inside of her felt…jealousy? `No! I can't have those feelings! It was Belldandy that answered that call, and it was SHE that Keiichi wished for! I'm just here to help Keiichi and me get it on!' Her eyes widened. `I MEAN BELLDANDY!' She started clinking through channels faster. Come on! Something good must be on now!' The more she clicked, the more images of Keiichi popped into her head. Especially when he was taking in her… `No! I shouldn't think about that right now!' Finally, she stopped at Iron Chef. “Finally, something good to watch!” She couldn't explain it, but two mortals cooking like some sort of life altering challenge was quite enjoyable. Urd smiled as she let the TV show wash over.
 
Of course, eventually, her curiosity about Keiichi will catch up to her. `I wonder what he's doing right now?'
 
-Meanwhile…
 
Whirlwind
 
“So you're telling me that you're in need of a job?” Chihiro smirked as she looked at the haphazard director of the NIT motor club that she founded. Well, technically, she simply took over an existing club, and made it worthwhile. Still, in its current form, Chihiro was, for all intent and purpose, considered the founder.
 
“Uh, yeah!” Keiichi wasn't sure about this. Although he held a ton of respect for Chihiro, and she, to an extent, still had a ton of sway in the NIT motor club (after all, how can you go against the one that made the NIT motor club more then a joke?), he was still worried about what Chihiro had planned for him.
 
Chihiro crossed her arms. “Don't tell me those two idiots burned through your budget already? After all, you're the director, not them! Heck, I'm pretty sure they will be gone by next year…” Chihiro mused. “And even if they do stick around, I can just make them do menial work.”
 
Keiichi shook his head “No! Not that! Um…” Keiichi looked around nervously. “I just need some extra money right now since I need to buy Belldandy's sister a new laptop!”
 
Chihiro frowned. “Didn't you already buy her a laptop like last week?”
 
Keiichi looked all around the room, avoiding Chihiro's eye contact. “Hehehe! Long story!”
 
Chihiro smirked again. “Don't worry about it Keiichi Morisato! I DO have some extra work just for you!” Chihiro grabbed Keiichi and led him to the back room.
 
Keiichi looked worried about Belldandy, hoping that she wouldn't take this the wrong way. “Um Bell?”
 
“Don't worry Keiichi!” Belldandy waved back at him. “I'm sure everything is going to be just fine!”
 
-later…
 
Keiichi had streams of tears pouring down his face. “Do I really have to do this?” He was standing in front of Whirlwind, in a small speedo. He was trying, in vain, to retain some modesty by covering up his privates. Wasn't quite working though.
 
Belldandy smiled innocently. “You look good Keiichi!”
 
“Hehehe!” Keiichi internally smiled at anything Bell said to him, but he was still completely embarrassed at his current predicament. “Thanks Bell. But…”
 
Chihiro put her hands on her hips. “Hey! You needed a job, I gave you one!”
 
Keiichi looked down at himself, then back at Chihiro. “But why…”
 
“Because Keiichi!” Chihiro held a determined expression on her face. “When I took over the motor club, all my friends didn't understand why I did it! I was one of the few females interested in motorcycles and racing.” She walked up to Keiichi and got close to his face. “And now, with Belldandy and Sora in the motor club, and an upshot in female interest in racing…I'M GOING TO BE THE NUMBER ONE SHOP WHERE ALL THESE WOMEN GO TO!”
 
“Uh hehehe…” Keiichi gulped. “But couldn't you like, ask Tamiya or Otaki to advertise?”
 
Chihiro frowned. “You're not serious are you?”
 
Keiichi started to imagine Tamiya and Otaki in speedos in front of Whirlwind. He also imagined women looking at the two, and running away screaming in horror, most likely scarred for life. “Okay, I guess you have a point.”
 
“Now…” Chihiro crossed her arms. “It doesn't do this shop any good if you just stand there where no one can see you!” Chihiro pushed Keiichi out the door.
 
“No! People might…” Keiichi tried to hold his ground.
 
“That's the point Keiichi! Now get out there and get me some customers!” Chihiro yelled at him.
 
“But what about Bell?” Keiichi was still not sure about this. `This can't be the only job for me! Can't I find another job?'
 
Chihiro shook her head. “I already get enough male customers. I need more female customers.”
 
“It's okay Keiichi!” Belldandy waved back at him. “I'll be just fine! Please take care!”
 
Keiichi finds himself outside in the cool breeze. Which, wearing only a speedo, wasn't exactly the most comfortable thing in the world. “Is this really necessary?”
 
“Stop whining!” Chihiro frowned. “Do you want to get paid or not?”
 
Keiichi sighed. “Well, I guess this shouldn't be too bad.” He tried to relax given his current state of dress, though that was proving to be a little difficult, especially since it started to do exactly what Chihiro had hoped. Well, at least he was now attracting a crowd.
 
Unbeknownst to Keiichi, a little bug like device came up just behind him.
 
Also unbeknownst to Keiichi, a woman, or more like a demon, sat on a fence, staring at the scene in front of her.
 
“Hmph.” Mara crossed her arms as she stared at the poor mortal in front of her. Not that she cared about his state of well being. “Look at him making a fool of himself. And yet, he doesn't seem to care one bit.”
 
Senbai sat on her shoulder. “Senbei feels a little happy since mortal is a little unhappy.”
 
“So what?” Mara frowned. “He may not like his situation now, but I have a feeling it is only temporary.”
 
“What are we to do?” Senbei asked.
 
Mara sighed. “Can't do anything now. Too many mortals around. I'll just have to keep watching to see if I can come up with some sort of plan.”
 
“Wow! Master plans?” Senbei asked.
 
Mara glared at her `servant'. “You better watch that mouth of yours!”
 
Back at the shop, Chihiro came out and hands Keiichi a sign. “Oh! Almost forgot! Remember to advertise my place!”
 
Keiichi sighed. “Thanks Chihiro.” He reluctantly accepted the sign that read, To All Women! Interested in Motorcycles? Come to My Shop and You'll get to `Play' with the Model! “Um, do you really think this is necessary?”
 
Chihiro smiled. “Of course! I want to spread my love of motorcycles to all those interested Keiichi! And with this full sized model Suzuki GSX-R1000, they would be screaming for joy!”
 
“I don't think…” Keiichi was just hoping that this day would come to an end soon. `Just remember, it's for Skuld's laptop! It's for Skuld's laptop! It's for Skuld's laptop!'
 
And as luck would have it, Keiichi's star was apparently being blocked by a very unlucky one for Sora came and saw poor Keiichi in his speedo. “Keiichi? Is that…” As she approached him, she saw that yes, it was Keiichi. And yes, he was wearing… “Oh!”
 
“Oh hi Sora!” Keiichi meekly waved at her.
 
A heavy blush appeared on her face. “Keiichi, I didn't know that you were a…a…”
 
“Yes?” Keiichi was a little worried what Sora might say next.
 
“That…you're a…you're a…exhibitionist?” Sora replied shyly.
 
Keiichi face faulted. “No Sora…I am not…”
 
“Keiichi!” Otaki screamed at him. “How dare you expose yourself!”
 
“What would the boss say if she saw you like this?” Tamiya scolded as he towered over Keiichi.
 
Keiichi shrank as his two `so-called' friends towered over him giving him death glares. He stuttered out his answer in protest. “But…but…but…but…this was Chihiro's idea!”
 
Otaki and Tamiya blinked in realization. “IN THAT CASE…” Otaki and Tamiya both ripped open their jackets. “We're going to join you!”
 
“ABSOLUTELY NOT!” Chihiro yelled from the store causing the two to drop to their knees. “Keiichi is doing fine on his own with attracting customers! I don't need YOU two bumbling fools to screw it up!”
 
“Yes boss!” Otaki and Tamiya bowed down in fear.
 
Keiichi took a deep breath. `Who else is going to show up?' Lucky, or unlucky for Keiichi, he just got his answer.
 
“Hmm…” Sayoko read the sign Keiichi was holding and smiled. “So, if I come in, I can play with the model?”
 
“Um…” Keiichi gulped. “It's not what you think!”
 
“I'm sure it isn't!” Sayoko winked. “Still, with you like this, it can't be all bad!”
 
Sayoko entered the shop to take a look, leaving behind a red faced Keiichi. Just as she entered the shop, Megumi arrived and saluted him. “Hi Keiichi!” Megumi cheerfully waved. “I see you're earning your pay!”
 
Keiichi covered his body again. “Megumi! Why are you here?”
 
“What?” Megumi pretended to pout. “Can't I see how my brother is doing?” She looked at the crowd that surrounded him. “It's nice to see Chihiro getting her money's worth!” Megumi winked at Keiichi.
 
Keiichi was about to respond to that, but then, decided it was better to remain silent. He sighed as he sat down on the ground. Not a great idea given his current state but he was exhausted with everything happening around him. “It can't get any worse now can it?”
 
“Keiichi?” Belldandy approached him from the side. “Some tea?”
 
Keiichi looked up at Belldandy and smiled. “Thank Bell!” Keiichi sighed. He had to admit, he had to be the luckiest man on earth right now. Granted, his current situation wasn't all that great, but when all things considered, him, living with the most beautiful woman/goddess, what more can he ask? He took the cup Belldandy offered and happily consumed it.
 
Belldandy smiled. She always enjoyed any compliment from her Keiichi.
 
Of course, all good things come to an end right?
 
Morisato's Residence - Skuld's Lab
 
“Ah!” Skuld clinched her fist as she heard what the little bug was picking up. “They're doing it again! If only I was there…”
 
Suddenly, she picked up another voice coming through the headphones. “She's there? Hmm. Maybe I'll finally find out!”
 
Whirlwind
 
“Oh Keiichi!” Urd smiled as she sees Keiichi in his speedo. “Fancy meeting you here!” Urd looked Keiichi up and down. “I see you're a little daring!”
 
Keiichi blinked as he saw Urd come up to him in a low cut red dress with the zipper in the front. Urd flicked her hair to the side. He began to stutter as he saw her figure come into full view. “U..U…Urd?”
 
Belldandy was looking at Keiichi, then to Urd, then back to Keiichi. A distressing look appeared on her face as she looked at Keiichi's emotional colors. Although she was too considerate to pry into Keiichi's mind and read his thoughts, she was still distressed with what she was seeing. `Why Keiichi? Why are you so confused about my sister? You were never like this before!'
 
Urd grinned. “Need a little help Keiichi?” She placed her arms under her bust. She read the sign. “Play with the model huh? Well, now there's going to be another model to play with!”
 
“Um…” Keiichi got up from the ground and stood up, a little red faced. “I'm…I'm glad you came! Hehehe! Um, no! I mean…” He scratched the back of his head in embarrassment.
 
“Keiichi?” Belldandy's lip started to shake. `What…he can't…'
 
Urd blinked. She wasn't exactly expecting that response. Still, it made her feel warm inside. Though, she didn't dwell on that feeling for too long and instead, wanted to see if she can `help' him in other ways. She knew of course what the sign really meant and what Keiichi was really doing. And from her position, Keiichi was doing well in attracting the women to the shop, but what about the men? `Time to start attracting the other half!'
 
Urd lowered the zipper in front of her chest and showed them off to the crowd. “Hey! Get a load of these!”
 
Keiichi raised his index finger. “Um, Urd…”
 
A ton of men started gawking at her chest.
 
Urd smiled. “All you men! Come take a…”
 
Chihiro grabbed Urd's arm and made Urd face her. “Uh hem! There's a reason why I asked Keiichi, and not YOU!”
 
Urd glared at her. “What? I'm only trying to help.”
 
Chihiro crossed her arms. “I'm trying to be the number one store for women bike mechanics everywhere! And YOU'RE not helping!”
 
“Women bike mechanics?” Urd narrowed her eyes. “Aren't you hurting your business by eliminating most of your customer base?”
 
“No!” Chihiro countered. “I already have plenty of male customers already! But I'm thinking about the future here!”
 
“Whatever…” Urd rolled her eyes. Suddenly, she sees what appeared to be plum tree flower petals fluttering in the wind. Her eyes widened. `No…it can't be!'
 
-Meanwhile…
 
Morisato's Residence - Skuld's Lab
 
Skuld heard Keiichi's statement indicating that he was glad Urd was there. “Could this mean…” Her eyes widened as a huge smile appeared on her face. “YES! My plan can actually work!” She said as she misinterprets what Keiichi said, or did she?
 
At that moment, Skuld began to daydream her plan, with all the players chibified. “First, I will get my singing lessons from Belldandy!” Skuld imagined Bell singing to her as she attentively listened. This while her dream self was secretly controlling a few robots behind her. “Of course, this is far away from where Keiichi really is!” While they were in the middle of the forest, far from the temple, Keiichi would still be in said place, walking around. “While Keiichi is there, Urd just, conveniently falls on him!” The dream Urd falls on Keiichi due to Skuld's robots. “Usually, Bell might come in and stumble upon them, causing Keiichi to sputter some excuse that my sister would always buy!” Dream Bell does just that. “Except Bell won't be there!” A big Red X appears over Dream Bell catching Keiichi and Urd. Replaced instead by Dream Peorth. “Then Urd and Peorth fight over Keiichi, causing them to fall even deeper in love with each other!” Dream Urd and Dream Keiichi both have little hearts over their head. “Bell sees, this, is happy for the two, and I get my sister back!” Skuld smiles. “I am a genius!” Skuld proudly posed. “But first, I need to figure out a way for the computer to accept this as not an assault on the contract…”
 
Although what she hears next, popped her little dream in an instant.
 
Whirlwind
 
Keiichi started shivering as the wind started to pick up. `Now I really regret doing this!' Then, a flower petal hit his face. He grabbed and examined it. He looked at the flower petal with curiosity. “What kind of flowers are these?”
 
Belldandy took one and examined it as well. “Plum tree flower petals?”
 
Keiichi scratched his head. “Since when are there plum trees here?”
 
Urd's eyes suddenly widened as she was consumed with shock.
 
Keiichi looked up at Urd's slightly distressing expression. “Urd? Are you alright?”
 
Belldandy noticed this too. “Sister?” Then she looked up and saw a man standing to the side.
 
A man, with a harp, and long pointy ears was standing by the road. Plum tree petals whirled around him.
 
Urd couldn't believe it. “No…”
 
“Hey are you listening to me?” Chihiro looked at Urd. Then she noticed the flower petals all around her. As she followed the flower petals, she found the flashy looking man standing there with a harp. She narrowed her eyes. “Don't tell me he's a Lord of the Rings fanatic?”
 
Keiichi looked at Urd. It appeared that she knew this man. “Urd? Who is he?”
 
“A plum tree spirit.” Belldandy mouthed.
 
Keiichi turned to Belldandy. “What?”
 
Troubadour approached Urd with a confident, and semi-affectionate expression. “I have been searching for you Urd!”
 
Urd wrapped an arm around her chest, and turned her face away from Troubadour, avoiding eye contact with him.
 
“He's one of Urd's old lovers.” Belldandy answered K1. Although she would probably not admit it outright, Bell felt a little relief that Troubadour was here. `Maybe, my sister could be happy with him!'
 
“What?” Keiichi looked at Urd, then back at Troubadour. Though he would normally be happy if Urd was happy with someone, something about this Troubadour guy troubled him. “I don't like him.” Keiichi said in a low tone.
 
Mara was watching the events from the fence. “Hmm, this is interesting.”
 
“Master has plan now?” A slightly beaten up Senbei asked.
 
“Maybe!” Mara grinned. “Things could get interesting!”
 
Morisato's Residence - Skuld's Lab
 
“Former…Former…Former lover?” Skuld started to panic. She turned to her daydreamed creations.
 
“Can't help you now kid!” Chibi Dream Peorth said to Skuld as she flew off.
 
“No! Wait! Stop!” Skuld then turned and she saw Chibi Dream Urd with Chibi Dream Troubadour walking hand in hand together.
 
“I'm so happy!” Chibi Urd proclaimed.
 
“I'm taking Urd!” Chibi Troubadour proudly proclaimed.
 
“But…but…but…Keiichi…” Suddenly, Skuld turned to her daydreamed Chibi Bell and K1.
 
“Bye sister!” Chibi Belldandy was holding Chibi Keiichi hand-to-hand as they waved back at Skuld.
 
“No! Stop!” Tears appeared in Skuld's eyes. “This can't be happening! My wonderful brilliant plan!” Suddenly, determination appeared on her face. “I must get rid of Troubadour!”
 
--------End of Chapter 4
 
I actually started this chapter right when I started getting the mangas. Definitely helped a lot, especially concerning Mara (although I have to say, her plans are kind of…um..stink? Though she did have a few decent ones. Well, at least I can now go back and put in Senbai as her little servant in the second chapter). It also helps to see where in the manga this story could be placed and deviates from, away from the anime (which had its limitations). However, since it is taking me a while to get through them, I stopped writing at certain points since I wanted to see how the manga dealt with it (Skuld for example, didn't start the `lets separate Bell and K1' until Chapter 50 volume 8). Not to mention the fact that certain characters, didn't appear until MUCH later in the mangas (like Chihiro who didn't appear until Volume 13 Chapter 77!).
 
And Because of that, I'm screwing with the manga timeline a little. First, Chihiro appeared after Santoro and Troubadour in the manga. Yet, as you could see in this chapter, due to a little alternation by me, Chihiro came before both of them (I haven't introduced Santoro yet, but there is a reason for that which you will find out later). And of course, Tamiya and Otaki are still involved with the motor club, even though by the time Chihiro appeared, they had both graduated (well, from what I could gather, they graduated but are now taking the `graduate' program. But still…). Roughly, this story takes place after the beach incident and Skuld discovering her emotions. I'm also throwing in Peorth, even though that was a little later then the Skuld incident.
 
Next Chapter…Troubadour arrives! What will Skuld do? And what about Keiichi? How about Mara? Until next time…later!