Ah My Goddess Fan Fiction ❯ The dreamer and the goddess ❯ It's all Japanesse to me! ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

It's all Japanese to me.
It is now about 7.30AM and after the group have got cleaned, dressed and ready. They were down in the lounge waiting for breakfast. For breakfast, it was asagohan (morning rice) with miso soup on the side, cooked and prepared by Belldandy and Yuna.
 
The group has sat down in the same spaces as they did last night (Belldandy and Keiichi sitting on one end of the table, Yuna and Michael on another end, and Urd and Skuld on the opposite sides.). All of the group was wearing the same clothes as yesterday (with a slight ariation in Michael's clothes)
 
Belldandy, Urd, Skuld, Keiichi,Yuna & Michael: Itadakimasu
 
And they began to eat, but a few seconds later, someone called from the front door.
 
Megumi (in Japanese): Kei-chan!
 
That nearly choked him, he forgot completely that Megumi usually comes round for breakfast.
 
Belldandy: We have another guest!
 
Belldandy stood up and walked out to the front door. Keiichi also stood up and followed, he feared this is going to be a sticky problem to explain to Yuna and Michael. Michael, Yuna, Urd and Skuld overheard the three way conversation outside.
 
Keiichi (In Japanese): Megumi
 
Megumi (In Japanese): Ah, don't be so sad that i have come to see you again.
 
Keiichi (In Japanese): Its just you always come by here for Breakfast.
 
Megumi (In Japanese): Why not? Your girlfriend always cooks up the best food in Nekomi.
 
Belldandy (In Japanese): Well...
 
Megumi (In Japanese): So what's stopping me from coming in for breakfast?
 
Keiichi (In Japanese): The fact that we have two guests have breakfast.
 
Megumi (In Japanese): The more the merrier!
 
Keiichi (In Japanese): Yes, but their not from Nekomi, let alone Japan.
 
Belldandy (In Japanese): I don't think they wouldn't mind having a extra guest at breakfast.
 
Keiichi (In Japanese): But, one of our guests doesn't speak Japanese.
 
Belldandy (In Japanese): But Yuna-sama would translate for Michael-san.
 
Keiichi (In Japanese): Yes but, it would be awkward for Michael
 
Megumi (In Japanese): Well, if there is going to be a problem today, i won't spoil it for Kei-chan.
 
Belldandy (In Japanese): If you mean having additional guests then it is no problem.
 
Megumi (In Japanese): Well... OK, i will come in.
 
Belldandy (In Japanese): That's great! I will go and introduce them to you.
 
Keiichi lets out a sigh as approaching from the front door was a young woman only 1 year younger than Keiichi. She had medium brown hair and brown eyes. She wore a white t-shirt covered by a denim jacket and jeans and wore brown boots.
 
Belldandy appeared beside her as she introduced her to Michael and Yuna.
 
Belldandy: Michael-san, Yuna-sama; this is Megumi-san, Keiichi-san's sister.
 
Yuna stood up and gave her a bow.
 
Yuna (In Japanese):Nice to meet you, Megumi-san.
 
She smiled as she turned to Michael, already he was confused.
 
Michael (Thinks): What am i going to do? If i say anything,she won't understand! Come on, Michael. Think!
 
Megumi wondered what was taking him so long with greeting her. Finally Michael gave her a nod and tried to forget fact that there was a language barrier between them. She showed a confused look as she wondered what he was saying.
 
Michael: Erm... Konnichi, Megumi.
 
Yuna (In Japanese): Michael-san said hello, Megumi-san. Please forgive him, he doesn't know much Japanese.
 
Megumi (In Japanese): Oh umm... Konnichi, Michael.
 
Michael lets out a deep sigh as he thinks how difficult this is going to get. Belldandy goes to the kitchen to prepare Megumi's breakfast. Megumi sits down by the group and awaits her breakfast.
 
Megumi (In Japanese): So Kei-chan, how are you and Belldandy doing?
 
Keiichi (In Japanese): Is that why you wanted to come here again?
 
Megumi (In Japanese): Don't be silly, you know me too much!
 
Keiichi (In Japanese): Yes like coming round for breakfast nearly everyday.
 
Megumi (In Japanese): Yeah, but with Belldandy's cooking is excellent, who would want to turn it down?
 
Keiichi was quiet yet put on a friendly gesture, this was to let Yuna translate what they were saying (by whispering in Michael's ear). Belldandy then returns to the rest of the group holding Megumi's breakfast. She lays it down by Megumi and then returns to her position by the table.
 
The group then had their breakfast, however Megumi who usually wants to talk about Keiichi and Belldandy, was a silent as a mouse (Possibly due to the language barrier between Megumi and Michael). It was Yuna who finally broke the silence as she spoke to Megumi.
 
Yuna (In Japanese): Megumi-san, are you usually this quiet?
 
Megumi (In Japanese): No, i usually like to tease Keiichi, but how can i with Michael-san.
 
Yuna whispered what she said to Michael, his chopsticks fall from his hand in shock as he felt upset about what Megumi said about him. The rest of the group (Keiichi, Belldandy, Urd and Skuld) looked at Michael as soon as they heard his chopsticks fall suddenly. He breathed a deep sigh and lowered his head.
 
Michael: Maybe i am not needed here, i will go to my room.
 
Michael stood up and took his bowl and was about to put it in the kitchen. Belldandy looked sad as he was doing this, she read his emotions via her empathy and saw him feeling sad and alone.
 
Belldandy (In Japanese): I'm sorry, i will apologize to Michael-san.
 
She stands up and takes her breakfast to the kitchen. When she got to the kitchen (which was attached to the lounge with no real door separating either room) she saw Michael walking slowly to the sink and placing his bowl there. He turned to find Belldandy beside him, looking very sad.
 
Belldandy: Michael-san, can you come with me for a moment?
 
Michael: Well... OK.
 
Michael followed Belldandy outside the kitchen, leaving the rest of the group wondering what they are doing.
 
Outside, Michael and Belldandy was in the grounds away from the rest of the group.
 
Michael: I'm sorry, Belldandy. Without any real knowledge about the Japanese language...
 
Belldandy: No, it is my fault that you can't speak to Megumi properly. I should have known it.
 
Michael: Don't blame it on yourself Belldandy, I just don't understand it, that's all.
 
Belldandy: But, if you still unable to understand the language, it will cause problems with your holiday.
 
Michael: It's nothing, i will get by.
 
Belldandy: Michael-san, i don't want you to be sad, just like Yuna-sama doesn't want you to be sad either. Let me help you with your problems.
 
Michael: Well, if you have any ideas, other than whispering English in my ear.
 
He lets out a playful chuckle as he felt warm and happy with Belldandy's selfless care of him and Yuna. Belldandy sweetly smiles for a bit and them closes her eyes and holds her hands close to her, as if she is praying. A warm green glow starts to come from Belldandy as she starts to cast a spell.
 
Belldandy: A visitor who is unable to see the bridge beyond his people and their people, give him the sight to see that bridge. Until the end of his holiday, give him the ability to speak to their people.
 
Michael feels a strange warm force in his head, he felt slightly dizzy for a second but then felt normal.
 
Belldandy: Well, we should head back inside.
 
And so the two return back inside and to the lounge.
 
Michael: Sorry about that. Guess i was spaced out for a second.
 
The strange thing was, as Michael was saying it in English, Megumi was hearing it in Japanese.
 
Megumi: That's OK.
 
And the same thing happened the other way round, with Megumi's Japanese being heard in English when it reached Michael.
 
Belldandy: Would you like some more breakfast, Michael-san?
 
Michael: No thank you, Belldandy.
 
He smiles in way that he was silently thanking her for help him overcome his language problem. Yuna, who read his thoughts about it also smiled towards Belldandy as a sign of thank you (so not to make Megumi none the wiser about Belldandy's or Yuna's true purposes). Of course Megumi had to fall upon her playful ways, so she said to Keiichi.
 
Megumi: Hey Kei-chan, i think you have some competition.
 
Keiichi: What you mean?
 
Megumi: If you are not serious about Belldandy, Michael could take her from you.
 
Belldandy: What do you mean by Keiichi-san not taking me seriously?
 
Yuna: She is just playing with you, Belldandy-sama. Michael was happy that you helped him when he was sad this morning.
 
Belldandy: Oh.
 
Urd: True, but maybe there is competition between them.
 
Belldandy: Nee-san! I would never compete against Yuna-sama for Keiichi-san's heart.
 
Michael: Yes, that would be embarrassing!
 
Urd (Playful): Oh come on! Is there any jealousy between you!
 
They all laughed as a result of this, Megumi told a little bit about herself to Michael and Yuna before she left. As she was about to leave...
 
Megumi: Well, means that you have guests for this week i will stay at home for breakfast for now.
 
Belldandy: Would you be OK?
 
Megumi: Of course i would, just that i don't want to interfere with Michael and Yuna's holiday. There will be other times where i can come, OK?
 
Belldandy: OK, see you Megumi-san.
And so she left the group.