Ah My Goddess Fan Fiction ❯ The dreamer and the goddess ❯ Helping hands ( Chapter 30 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Helping hands
After dinner, Belldandy and Keiichi returned back to NIT. Meanwhile, Michael was on his way back to the guest quarter when he was called by Skuld as she opened the door to her room.
 
Skuld: Michael, i have been doing some modifications to your MP3 player.
 
Michael: What!? That's an expensive piece of equipment!
 
Skuld: I know, but you will be amazed by what i have put on.
 
She goes back into her room and returns with Michael's Ipod, containing a unusual attachment.
 
Skuld: Be amazed by my Super Scanner 500 add-on! This attachment and software upgrade emits a short range pulse revealing where arcane beings are in your vicinity.
 
Michael takes his Ipod from her and accesses the Super Scanner display. It shows a cross in the center...
 
Skuld: The cross is where you are.
 
And a dark dot in front of him.
 
Skuld: And the dark dot is where i am. Being a goddess, i emit a large amount of arcane energy, this also applies to other astral beings but usually astral beings cannot be sensed by arcane humans.
 
Michael: Why's that?
 
Skuld: Its because our energy pattens are similar to nature, and it is usually passed off as a freak of nature as a result. Plus over here, Nekomi has had many practical jokes, rendering it shock proof.
 
Michael: I see, well thank you.
 
Skuld: Your welcome, if you need any more gadgets for your bodyguard role, let me know.
 
Michael: Bodyguard...well, its not exactly a bodyguard role but... thanks.
 
Skuld: Your welcome!
 
And so Michael leaves Skuld, with Skuld going back in and shutting the door (possibly to work on other machines). Michael goes to his guest quarters.
 
At the guest quarters, Michael sees Yuna looking out of the open door to the garden.
 
Michael: You OK?
 
Yuna turns to Michael and smiles sweetly to him.
 
Yuna: Yes, I'm OK.
 
Michael: That's good.
 
Yuna notices the small component on his Ipod. Michael went to one of his bags (which was open) and checked if nothing else was taken to be modified! With everything accounted for he removes the super scanner component (which was a rectangle with a small led light) and puts it into a small component in his bag. Then he slips the Ipod into its case and puts it into his rucksack.
 
Michael: Skuld's quite the inventor. She created something for me so i can be more effective.
 
Yuna: Yes, it was thoughtful of her to build you the Super scanner.
 
Michael was shook a little, knowing full well that she was using her telepathy. She felt his emotion and apologized.
 
Yuna: Sorry.
 
Michael stands up and went by her.
 
Michael: It's OK.
 
He smiled to her, and she smiled back. Then they looked at the beautiful sunset coming across the garden, it was warm and mystical.
 
Michael: It's so beautiful.
 
Yuna: Indeed.
 
They holds each other's hands as they observed the sunset.
 
Michael: I heard one time that you know when the sun has fully set when you hear a sizzling sound and then it goes dark. However, i have never seen that.
 
Yuna: Where did you hear that?
 
Michael: Off a support assistant while i was in the Lake District. I had a school expedition weekend then. It was my first time i was going to be away from my parents yet, i was afraid, afraid of being so far away from my parents. Fortunately i was offered a chance to call home and let mom know i am OK. Then i knew i could start going out on these expedition weeks or weekends.
Yuna: When was this?
 
Michael: About 1998, when England were thrashed out of the World Cup over penalties, we were unable to see who was about to make someone's nightmares in TV and things about Microsoft going into consoles or even a story about a young man who used to play a made-up sport ends up to meet a young summoner in order to defeat a dark entity, were never thought about!
 
Immediately Michael lets go of Yuna's hand as she was about to laugh at Michael's comment. Michael too laughed out loud.
 
Michael: And that's only in a nutshell.
 
After they got their breath back, Michael continued.
 
Michael: So, tomorrow we go shopping for gifts to take home.
 
Yuna: Not just to take home but to give to our guests, they have been very kind into offering their home for us to stay in.
 
Michael: Yes, i think we should. Umm, do you think they would have heard this.
 
Yuna: Well, there are paper walls, so yes, they would have heard about this. But i think they will be thinking the same thing.
 
Michael: What about funds for the gifts? I didn't get a chance to transfer my money into Yen.
 
Yuna: We have the reward we are about to receive at the motor club. So we will add that to your pocket money and some of my funding, if they allow me to of course.
 
Michael: I've also got to get a postcard to send back home.
 
Yuna: And i still haven't shown you around the city.
 
Michael: That's OK, its been pretty hectic during the last few days.
 
Yuna: But i want to ensure you have the best holiday, Michael-san. And i will do all i can to achieve it.
 
Michael: All in one day?
 
Yuna: Yes, because you wanted to see Japan... just how you dreamed it was. And i am willing to go as far as i can so you can see it.
 
Michael takes Yuna's hands...
 
Michael: Yuna
 
And smiles to her, feeling happy that she cares so much about him...
 
Michael: Thank you so much.