Ah My Goddess Fan Fiction ❯ The dreamer and the goddess ❯ The Secret of the Wu Fang sword ( Chapter 29 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The secret of the Wu fang sword
Morisato Residence
Nekomi, South east Tokyo, Japan.
Thursday 12 PM
 
In the lounge, they gathered around the table for a quick dinner (which Belldandy cooked some riceballs) while Urd explained the importance of the sword (which was placed on the table).
 
Urd:In my time as administrator i have heard many tales about the sorcerer Clow Reed. His aims to bring a new arcane system was a difficult but remarkable ordeal.
 
Michael: His descendent told me about him and the Clow dynasty's future.
 
Urd: Indeed, you must have been aware of the Cardcaptor and her role as well as anyone else connected to her. You will also know about the Wu fang sword and its role in your job as protector. But what you don't know is what the Heaven's purpose in the sword.
 
At this time, Belldandy came back in and offered Riceball's to Michael,Yuna and Keiichi.
 
Urd: As you know, the sword taps into the user's spirit in order to channel its attacks. But it cannot distinguish friend or foe.
 
Michael: Meaning that in the hands of the enemy...
 
Urd: It can become a threat to the world, and beyond.
 
Michael: So how does the Heavens prevent that from happening?
 
Yuna: The spirit world monitors the arcane systems on earth in order to assume balance, some track the location of sensitive artefacts and systems while others ensure certain artefacts and systems are not misused. But we cannot be everywhere, since it may remove our cover.
 
Michael: So it falls upon me to ensure I don't lose this sword.
 
Belldandy: Yes, you must protect it, for if Marrler obtains the sword, who knows what will happen.
 
Michael: What if i am on the dark force's bounty list because of it?
 
Urd: Don't worry! The dark forces have the same disadvantage as us. It is very unlikely they will attempt to hunt you in order to get that sword in person. Let alone put you on a list.
 
Yuna: But still, you must protect it with your heart. And i will ensure that you can, no matter what.
 
Michael and Yuna look at each other
 
Michael: Thank you, my angel.