Ah My Goddess Fan Fiction ❯ The dreamer and the goddess ❯ Second attack ( Chapter 28 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Second attack
 
Marrler: Well, well are you not surprised?
 
Michael: Not you again!
 
Marrler: I have returned as i said and now i will put an end to you and your dreamer.
 
Michael: You still haven't took that shelf stacking job, i heard it might suit you!
 
Marrler angularly replies by firing a bolt of electricity at Michael and Yuna, they are thrown apart from each other.
 
Marrler: That was a pathetic response considering what's going to happen to you.
 
She flew down so she landed right in the middle of the two. She aims a dark sphere at Michael.
 
Marrler: And now you will be erased!
 
She was about to throw the sphere when suddenly her right hand (which held the dark sphere) was hit by one of Yuna's psybeams, forcing the sphere out of her hand and sending it skywards. Michael saw this opportunity and rolled away before standing back up. Yuna used her telekinesis to throw Marrler onto the floor so she can run up to Michael.
 
Banpei then ran up to met them and fired a series of lucky charms at Marrler, unfortunately she got up just in time to shield herself.
 
Marrler: 1 dreamer, 1 mortal and 1 robot against me, this is too easy. Oh and just to make sure...
 
She pulls out some earplugs and puts them on.
 
Marrler: You are not going to win by playing rock music.
 
Yuna aims a psybeam at the floor, creating a smokescreen for them to escape. They ran to the largest bush in the garden.
 
Michael: Why would rock music allow us to win?
 
Yuna: All demons have a weakness to a type of music, it causes them to either dance or fall asleep.
 
Michael: So she prevented that from happening, we could take the earplugs out but that would be very difficult. So what else we could do?
 
Yuna: First, let me give me your sword.
 
She closes her eyes and starts to glow for a few seconds, the Wu fang sword then appears in her hands. She gives the sword to Michael.
 
Yuna: Next, we need to find a way to distract her.
 
Michael: How?
 
Marrler: Hide and Seek just shows how afraid you are from me!
 
Michael and Yuna look up to find Marrler floating above them.
 
Michael:Shoot.
 
Banpei then aimed at Marrler and fired a set of lucky charms at her. Hitting her and sending her to the ground. Michael looks at Banpei
 
Michael: Not what i had in mind but thanks.
 
Banpei gave a nod to Michael.
 
Michael: Wish me luck.
 
Michael leaps out of his hiding spot, wields his sword and then strikes at Marrler in a full rage. The attack was a cut from right to left, combined with the channelling of energy into the sword it caused the attack to feel like a tiger who is on fire scratching his foe.
 
Marrler leaped back, seeing three tears in her costume rather than one. The fire damage quickly subsided since she was immune to it.
 
Marrler: This can't be, you only attacked once!
Then she noticed the sword had Japanese writing on its blade, she quickly figured it out and smirked
 
Marrler: So you are the current holder of the Wu fang sword. You do realise that when i report back you will become the newest bounty to us. Of course, if you hand over the sword i will leave you be.
 
Michael: Not on my watch!
 
He attempts to slash at Marrler again but she evades, floating high up into the sky.
 
Marrler: Come on! Step right up and throw your sword at me, i can guarantee you a 10% chance of hitting me and a 90% chance of take your sword!
 
Michael: Shouldn't it be 50-50, wait your an idiot you wouldn't know!
 
Marrler (In anger): Id-io-it! Why you..!
 
Marrler immediately flies down directly at Michael in a rage, in a attempt to crash in to him, but just as she was about to Michael gave her a swipe in the face, sending her back. Yuna finished her off by using her telekinesis to pummel Marrler to the floor.
 
Michael: That's gotta hurt!
 
But Marrler was not done, she tried to launch one more dark sphere at the two, but before she could she was grabbed hold once more by Yuna's telekinesis...
 
Yuna: STAY AWAY FROM MY BOYFRIEND MARRLER!
 
And was catapulted up into the sky...
 
Michael: That took care of her.
 
Yuna saved her breath (as she was exhausted from using her psy powers) and then turned to Michael and smiled.
Yuna: Are you alright, Michael-san?
 
Michael: Yes thank you.
 
Then flying in from above...
 
Urd: Yuna! Are you alright?
 
Michael: We're fine, just had to get rid of some pest.
 
They then noticed Keiichi, Belldandy and Skuld running up to them from behind. Urd lands beside Michael and Yuna and noticed the Wu fang sword.
 
Urd: Hmm... you seem to get yourself into more trouble every day.
 
Michael: What do you mean?
 
Urd points to the sword as she continued.
 
Urd: You didn't use the Wu fang sword on Marrler did you?
 
Michael: Yes, why?
 
Urd: By using it, she knows who to steal the sword from. And that means you will be a prime target for attack. I think we should talk about this inside.
 
And so the five enter the temple.