Ah My Goddess Fan Fiction ❯ The dreamer and the goddess ❯ We begin with food ( Chapter 32 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

We begin with food
Nekomi Town Centre
Nekomi, Tokyo, Japan
Friday 11AM
 
It came to 11AM, and Belldandy and Keiichi finished their work at NIT and have left for town.
 
Keiichi: I was planning to have dinner somewhere first, so i brought some extra cash to pay for the food. I thought that i might thank Michael and Yuna for being our guests and for helping us out.
 
Belldandy: Yes, they were very kind to lend a hand.
 
They went to the Densha eki (Train station) stop and awaited for the train's arrival. In a few seconds the train arrived, coming off it was Michael, Yuna, Urd and Skuld amidst a wave of commuters and tourists. They head to Keiichi and Belldandy, hoping not to knock anyone down on the floor (with the possible exception of Urd!)
 
Keiichi: Hello again, shall we get going?
 
Michael: Yes
 
They immediately made their way out of the eki and began to discuss what is going to happen.
 
Keiichi: I was thinking before I showed you around Nekomi that you might want dinner.
Michael: Well i was a bit hungry before i got here, maybe its because of the trains. They are much better than the ones back at home.
 
Yuna: If you want to Keiichi-san, we could head back home and have dinner.
 
Keiichi: Nah, i wanted to offer my own reward to you two. The senpais were desperate and you came willingly to help. I want to return the favour as well.
 
Michael: I see, well thank you.
 
Yuna: Same here, Keiichi-san
 
Skuld: Just don't try to pull something on Onee-sama or else!
 
Urd: Ah, that sounds like a good idea!
 
Skuld: Don't encourage him!
 
Urd: Why you don't know what i could do on him.
 
Skuld: I can guess...
 
The argument went on as the group walked to a nearby café.
 
Keiichi: Well, here we are.
 
They went inside the café, it wasn't much, just your ordinary town café severing food and drinks for anyone needing them. However, they do home-made ice-cream, something which Skuld enjoys.
 
They take up two tables. On one table was Michael and Yuna sitting opposite to Keiichi and Belldandy. On a table opposite them was Urd and Skuld. They picked up the menus on the table and browsed them. The waiter came and asked for their choices, Keiichi ordered Gyudon and lemonade,Michael ordered Pasta and cola, Yuna ordered chicken with white wine sauce and white wine, Urd ordered Sake and Skuld ordered a large amount of ice cream! Belldandy decided not to eat for the sake of it, which gave Urd an idea!
 
Urd (Whispering): Keiichi, why don't you share your gyudon with Belldandy?
 
Keiichi (Whispering): But she doesn't want to eat.
 
Urd (Whispering): I know, but just offer her your food once it comes.
 
She gave a small nudge to him as she said it.
 
Keiichi (Whispering): Wouldn't she order food herself?
 
Urd (Whispering): Maybe she didn't want you to pay too much...
 
She smiles as Keiichi pondered over what she said. Did Belldandy ensure that Keiichi didn't have to pay too much for the group? Of course not, she just didn't want to eat for the sake of it. Urd just wanted Keiichi to think about her so that she can set a romantic mood.
 
Belldandy pondered over what was going on but thought it wasn't a problem so she sweetly smiled to Keiichi when he looked back at her. Yuna however felt that life for the two maybe getting too complex, that deep down Belldandy is confused about the future.
 
Yuna dismissed it for the moment as their food arrived. When the food and drink was laid out the group began to eat and drink. The food tasted delicious for the group (Skuld even quickly ate all the ice-cream up). As they eat, they discussed about various topics, first the plans for the rest of the day.
 
Keiichi: So where do you want to go today, Michael?
 
Michael: I don't know, is there a chance we can visit the Tokyo Radio Tower.
 
Keiichi: Hmm, i doubt it, its a long way from here.
 
Michael: OK then, nevermind. Maybe we should just take a look around and see what could interest us.
 
Keiichi: OK, what about you, Yuna?
 
Yuna: Same here, though i would like to visit a shop along the way. I want to buy something for you and your friends.
 
Keiichi: Yes, i almost forgot about that.
 
Michael: I also need to send a postcard off to my family as well.
 
Keiichi: Alright, so its a look around Nekomi then the shops, after that i want to show you a place i hope you will enjoy. Is that alright by you?
 
Michael gives a nod
 
Yuna: Yes Keiichi-san
 
Understanding their plans for today, they ordered desert. 6 Chocolate, strawberry and vanilla ice cream sundaes! Which was more than enough to bring back memories of the first time Michael and Yuna ate out. After having their ice-cream, Keiichi was about to pay the bill when he suddenly noticed that he has not enough money to pay the bill altogether.
 
Keiichi: Damm, i think we overstretched our budget. Maybe we might have to reduce the number of gifts on this trip.
 
Yuna: Sorry, let me make it up for you.
 
She used a bit of slight of hand and some mental thought, and acquired some cash from the spirit world. She offered the cash to Keiichi, who despite feeling slightly surprised accepted it. Urd whispered in Keiichi's ear.
 
Urd (Whisper): Another standard dreamer trait. They can create the necessary funds to assist their friendship. Proving of course the need for such funds can be proven and used for necessary reasons, like food or bills.
 
After paying the waiter the group left the café, Urd resumed her comment.
 
Urd: Most of the dreamer's powers are logged in order to prove that they are used correctly. Misuse of a dreamer's gifts can lead to certain punishments. However, Dreamers are usually trained in customs and in responsibilities, making such violations occur rarely.