Angelic Layer Fan Fiction ❯ Kara Valentine's Day ni White Day ❯ White Day ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Geez, how many times do I haveta... (smirk) Oh, the heck with it. (sics own lawyer on CLAMP's lawyer)
 
Xoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooX
 
Chapter Four: White Day
 
Xoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooX
 
The day before White Day...
 
Over the next couple of weeks, Kotaro made it his number one priority to avoid Oujiro at all costs. It wasn't hard at all to avoid him in person, because he didn't come to see Misaki after school any more, but other than that...
 
He was in magazines. He was on TV. He was on freakin' billboards.
 
Another Angelic Layer commercial came on, and Kotaro cursed mildly and changed the channel before they even showed Oujiro, even though he'd liked the show. If he saw one more - one more - one more anything to do with HIM, he'd probably loose his appetite for dinner.
 
-but there's still time!, the new channel declared. This White Day, shop at-
 
Kotaro twitched abruptly, and snapped his chopsticks.
 
Xoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooX
 
Dresses! Jewelry! Candy! Anything pretty, please!
 
Kotaro was at Piffle Princess - because his capacity for original thought was greatly lessened at the moment - scanning the shelves with a desperate sort of dread gnawing at his stomach. He had to find something, and fast, or...
 
Tamayo's Secret Double Kick Attack!
 
Tamayo's Special Head Lock!
 
Also, it had to look a lot less cheap than it actually was, because he didn't have much money at the moment, having spent it all several weeks ago on a certain toy he hadn't played with since...
 
His eyes picked out a pretty necklace - the last one in stock - and he pounced on it. Not fast enough, however; his greedy fingers wrapped not around a delicate, bauble-hung chain, but around a delicate, nearly effeminate, warm hand.
 
Kotaro and Oujiro stared deeply into each other's eyes for a moment. Kotaro then jumped back as if he'd been electrocuted.
 
And Oujiro smiled at him as if nothing was wrong. “Kotaro-san! Oh... Oh, my. Don't tell me... that you haven't finished your White Day shopping, either?”
 
Kotaro choked mildly, but then he looked at the floor and said, “Yeah. Um... So-” He reach out and hurriedly snatched the necklace off the shelf. “Since you're not going out with Mi...”
 
Big ouch! Kotaro cringed at his sheer stupidness, and then he looked up at Oujiro and felt really bad. The older boy's face looked like it was made of plastic, or just possibly, glass.
 
“Oh, yes, I see what you mean,” he said, his smile growing instantly crystalline - easily shattered and utterly see-through. Kotaro found that, at that moment, he did not feel at all, even in the slightest, compelled to punch him. “Since your return gift is for a girlfriend, whereas mine is merely for a close friend, you should definitely buy it. Actually, this would probably be more appropriate anyway-” He grabbed a rather ugly bracelet at random, and turned away.
 
Kotaro grabbed his shoulder. He forced him to turn around, opened his mouth, shut it again, and tried again. “I...” I am so, so sorry. “I, I'm...” He was mortified to find that he was starting to blush, and he hurriedly removed his hand from Oujiro's shoulder. Finally he gave up, thrust the necklace into the other boy's hands, and fled.
 
Xoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooX
 
The day of White Day...
 
Oujiro was truly cruel, Kotaro reflected. He deceived them all with that innocent face, but really he was horrible.
 
Kotaro was not a morning person by nature. Plus, he'd stayed out well past his bed-time trying to find White Day gifts, having a panic attack when he realized that he had to wrap them, too, and then wrapping them. And he wasn't expecting this. This was an ambush, it was.
 
Because, instead of waiting until after school like a nice, predictable person, Oujiro had apparently skipped school today, and was waiting outside the Junior High.
 
“W-” was all Kotaro was allowed to say, before Oujiro caught hold of his elbow and pulled him, at a run, to a secluded area at the back of the building. Though he was panting a bit, Oujiro pushed Kotaro against the wall, and braced himself against it with his hands of either side of the younger boy's head, effectively trapping him in a most cliché fashion. Kotaro blanched.
 
“You know what I realized?” the Prince of the Layer said quietly, voice slightly husky due, surely, to him being out of breath. Kotaro believed that he paled further. “You... owe me a White Day present.”
 
WHAT?
 
Oujiro nodded calmly. “Because I bought you ice-cream,” he elaborated, and it clicked.
 
“Hey!” Kotaro protested. “I was going to pay for that-”
 
He shrugged. “Doesn't matter.” That really was a smirk; he was positive this time. “So... what are you going to give me?”
 
He smelled really clean, Kotaro thought, because his mind was currently collapsing and it was the most intelligent observation he was capable of making. And a little like... chocolate? NO. And yet he couldn't help but wonder self-consciously if the fact that Oujiro smelled well-bathed to him meant that he smelled gross to Oujiro... Then again, judging from the expression on his face, he thought not. Kotaro gulped, and felt far too warm.
 
A normal person would've punched him. But normal implied sane, which Kotaro was convinced that he currently was not. Couldn't be. This wasn't happening. Oujiro's eyes were not dark with, well, something that started with `l', in any case. Quite probably several things that started with `l', all at once. Also, Oujiro was not leaning towards him, closer and closer until his god-damn pretty hair was brushing Kotaro's forehead and -
 
Chocolate ice-cream. And warm and wet and soft, and a hand on his waist -
 
“Oh my GAWD!” Outside, it echoed.
 
Oujiro jumped, causing his hand to graze over Kotaro's ribs, sending an intense little shiver up and down his spine, and turned to face her.
 
“T-Tamayo!” Kotaro yelped, guilt coloring his cheeks impressively. “This isn't - I didn't-”
 
Something flickered across her eyes almost too quick to see, and then she grinned. “That is so cute!” she declared, rushing forward to pat Oujiro's back hard enough to make him gasp. Then she turned to Kotaro. “And in return for you cheating on me, I'm gonna tell everyone!”
 
“Wait - no -!” He reached out a hand to catch her, but she was already gone, so after a moment he slumped against the wall instead in wretched defeat.
 
“So... Does that mean she's okay with it?” Oujiro said softly, incredulously.
 
Kotaro shook his head. “No,” he grumbled. “That's the way she is. Though that does mean... that she will be okay with it...” Then he hesitated, and twitched. “WHAT am I SAYING?!” he shrieked, making Oujiro grimace and hold his hands over his ears. “There is no `it'! There is no `will'!” he rambled. “You - you horrible, gross-
 
But then Oujiro kissed him again, and he was quiet - well, mostly - for a very long time.
 
Xoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooX
 
AN: (cackles) Oh, you wish. I'm not that nice. I'm a busy girl! I have other fics, you know! Well, okay, so I have grown rather attached to this couple, but... No! You can't make me! Nooooooo...! Well... If you ask real nice... and if I happen to be bored... (stares at the pictures in her head) Snicker. Pretty.