Angels Fan Fiction / Romance Fan Fiction / Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ The Book of Neroh ❯ Red Headed Stranger ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Red Headed Stranger
 

It was late at night around possibly midnight if not later. Shiloh had been walking since dusk. He was wearing black metal armor on his lower arms as braces. His shirt was black with a golden design on it that was a symbol of the Empire he was to fight for, the south. Shiloh had a red bandana on his forehead his black hair spilling over it. His golden eyes were cloudy still from when his mother had died, but he was filled with rage and anger. He wore black pants and black boots with gold metal tips.
 
He came to a small town and looked over at it from the high ledge, which he stood on. Shiloh pulled his red hooded cloak onto his head and started walking again towards the town, hoping to find a place to rest.
 
*---~~---~~---*
 
Shiloh had entered an old pub and looked around before he began walking to the far right corner sitting down at a table. He noticed someone sitting at the far side from him across from the windows. The guy had red hair and had two beers before him, one was empty the other was completely full. Shiloh glanced over at another guy who was running the bar cleaning up some glasses. He then looked to the door as a samurai walked in. Shiloh clenched his fist and looked away from the samurai.
 
"Vodka." The samurai said as he sat at the bar. The man nodded and got the bottle and a shot glass filling it up. He took the glass and took it down simply and slammed it on the bar. His armor was silver and the cloth was blue, meaning he was from the north, a different emperor controlled him not the same that had massacred Shiloh's village. "Hit me again." He said. Shiloh watched the man he was unarmed and looked pretty beat up. The bartender served him another one and the guy with the red hair moved his arm down to his side. Shiloh caught this and looked over at the door as two men wearing silver armor with green cloth stepped in. The guy at the bar took down the drink and turned around leaning against the bar staring at the samurai that had just walked in. They were wearing green meaning they were from the east.
 
"Takeshi Yasu, you're under arrest, for trespassing, and stealing the map of the Fallen City." One of the men said holding the hilt of his katana. The man they called Yasu snickered and pulled out a rolled up paper. Shiloh watched as the two men at the door tensed up.
 
"If you want it," Yasu paused and stood up. "Come and get it." The two samurai charged at him and the red headed guy slipped in front of them. Shiloh watched closely and the bartender ducked behind the bar as the red head threw the guy over the counter and had blade on blade against the other guy.
 
Yasu found this as his moment to escape and ran outside of the bar. Shiloh looked back to the red head who twirled his blade over his arm and stabbed the samurai that he had thrown over the bar and pulled his blade out slicing it at the samurai before him. He got a perfect hit at the guy right on the throat causing blood to fly everywhere as the guy fell on his back gasping for air as he drowned in his own blood. "Get back here bastard!" the red head shouted chasing after Yasu. Shiloh looked at the two dead samurai and then at the bartender who looked back at him.
 
"Man, what was it that rolled paper?" Shiloh asked him. The bartender looked at Shiloh and stayed back because he was still hooded his face could not be seen. "Answer." Shiloh demanded.
 
"The map of the Fallen City. Have you not heard of Neroh, that is its map of the place." The bartender replied to Shiloh. He looked at the bag on his shoulder and bowed to the bartender taking off after the other two that had just left.
 
*---~~---~~---*
 
Shiloh continued to walk through the dense forest the dawn light seeping through the trees. He looked ahead and saw the samurai that had the map at the bar laying face down in the dirt. His eyes went wide and he pulled down his hood running over to the man. He kneeled beside him and turned him on his back. Shiloh scowled seeing the man was stabbed through the chest and dead. Letting him fall back down on the ground Shiloh looked around, he had to get that map and find the red head that stole it. "Damnit." Shiloh cursed standing up and continued walking on.
 

As he ventured further into the forest he heard the clanking of metal and quickly ran through the brush. He pushed through some branches and saw the red head pinning someone onto a tree. Shiloh came out of the brush and stood behind him. The guy turned around and snickered twirling his sword in his hand and placed it back within its sheath. Shiloh noticed the blue glow and then noticed a flower shaped tattoo in the center of his lower neck. He was an assassin from the west and a high ranking one from what Shiloh could tell.
 
"If you're here for the map, you'll die just trying to get it." He spoke simply his purple eyes piercing Shiloh. When he fully turned Shiloh noticed a scar running from his shoulder all the way down to his stomach. The guy smirked and started walking away leaving a boy pinned to the tree, but Shiloh took a closer look it was a fallen angel. It wasn't dead, but he was sealed down to the tree and would be there for another three days, a demon would get him long before he could get loose however.
 
"Hold on!" Shiloh shouted at him. "Why are you way down here?" Shiloh questioned.
 
"I came for the map and I got it." He spoke walking through the trees. Shiloh raised an eyebrow and followed behind him.
 
"But what good is that map too you?" Shiloh questioned.
 
"It's away from the Four Emperors and that's all that matters." He answered.
 
Shiloh stared at the red head as he continued walking. He wore nothing but yellow baggy pants and a green robe that went over one shoulder and showed the rest of his upper body. His purple eyes glanced back over at Shiloh standing at the other end of the clearing. The guy stopped and turned to face Shiloh. "What is it?" Shiloh questioned him as he stared back.
 
"What's your name?" he asked him. "Full name."
 
"Why do you care?" Shiloh asked him.
 
"Because, you look a lot like someone I know." He replied walking forward and stopping only ten steps away from him. Shiloh looked at him and sighed.
 
"Kincaid Shiloh." He replied. The guy nodded and turned his back to Shiloh about to walk off, but he stopped to say something to him.
 
"Your sister, her name is Nakia." He stated and Shiloh quickly stepped forward and glared at the assissin.
 
"How do you know that?" Shiloh said through gritted teeth. "If you hurt her, I swear—"
 
"She is sick, those men back at the pub poisoned her." The guy spoke. "My name is Raiden, come with me." Raiden signaled him to follow and began walking. Shiloh hesitated for a moment and then decided to follow him down into the forest. He removed the bag from his shoulder and looked back down into it. His amber eyes studied it for a moment and he closed the bag throwing it back over his shoulder. Shiloh remembered when he got the book a man, no a monk, and he was injured badly; he was being chased by the shogun from the east. The monk told him to keep the book safe and hidden, which Shiloh managed to do for about 3 months and then the shogun showed up destroying the whole village, killed his mother and now they have harmed his sister. Shiloh could no longer take the shogun; he was aiming on killing every single one.
 
"My sister, how long have you known her?" Shiloh asked Raiden as they climbed up hill. He looked back at him and thought about it shrugging his shoulders.
 
"Maybe a few months, she talented with weaponry, but you I'm not too sure about." Raiden replied. Shiloh glared at him as they finally reached the top and came to more forest.
 
"How would you know?" Shiloh asked and then Raiden looked at him laughing.