Arc The Lad Fan Fiction ❯ Aftermath ❯ Chapter 7 ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 7

 

Kharg frowned. "I never even thought of that," he grumbled. He looked at Ganz. "I know the Owl has batteries where power is stored for emergencies, but do you think there's enough to get back to Yewbell?"

Ganz frowned thoughtfully. "I believe so, fortunately we can summon the ship from where it is to here or we'd be stranded," he said.

Kharg returned Darc's smirk. "Like I said, you lose," he said.

Darc muttered something that was definitely not a compliment and looked away.

Kharg laughed and took out the co-op and studied it. "Is there something I need to do?" he asked.

"No, there's no code locking it, just press the green button, that's the auto pilot. Big Owl will follow the signal to us," Ganz said.

"Right, here goes," Kharg said and pressed the button.

There was a mechanical whine then the co-op began to spark and smoke. Kharg dropped it then it burst into flames. "Uh oh, we're in trouble," he said.

"Damn, water must have seeped into the case," Ganz muttered.

Kharg avoided looked at Darc, sure that his twin was smirking again.

"So now what are we going to do?" Paulette asked.

"Start swimming?" Kharg suggested.

Paulette folded her arms and scowled at him. "That's not in the least funny," she said.

"Well, Darc and the others got from Aldrow to Ragnoth. What transportation did you use?" Kharg asked. He finally looked at Darc. He had been right, Darc was smirking.

Darc had no intention of answering. He had no desire to go anywhere with his so-called brother.

Kharg sighed. "You have to be the most stubborn person I have ever met," he said.

"We came on the Pyron," Delma said suddenly, surprising everyone, herself most of all.

Kharg turned to her. "Pyron? What's that?"

"It's an animal, a very intelligent one, it flies and can travel a thousand miles in a single night," Camellia said.

"Really?" Tatjana asked, "fascinating, I would love to see this creature."

"Well, Darc will have to summon it, it listens better to him," Delma said.

Darc glared at Delma. "Who says I have any intention of doing that?"

"Damn it, Darc! Do it now or I swear I'll drag you back into the water and drown you myself!" Delma yelled. Her tail lashed angrily as she cracked her knuckles.

Volk looked shocked. "Delma! You can't threaten our alpha! It's disrespectful!" he protested.

"I can and I will, especially when he's being an ass. I have no intention of spending any more time on this boring island," Delma retorted. She turned to glare at Darc. "Well? Are you going to summon it or do I have to start dragging?"

Darc glared back at her, but the She-Orc refused to back down. "Fine, whatever," he growled.

Delma sauntered over and patted Darc on the head. "Good boy," she said.

Darc snarled and took a swing at her, but she jumped back out of his reach, smacking him on the head with her tail as she did.

"Ouch! Damn it! Those damned spikes on your skin hurt! Watch it!" Darc snapped.

"Oops, sorry," Delma said with a complete lack of real apology in her voice.

With a growl, Darc summoned the Pyron, who landed upon the ground with a soft cooing sound, flames blazing upward as it greeted it's master.

“WOW! That’s so awesome!” Maru shouted.

Tatjana stared. "I've never seen such a creature," she said.

"You'll never see another, it's the only one that exists as far as we know," Volk said.

"That's a shame," Tatjana said. She took a step towards the Pyron then stopped. "Is it safe? I mean it doesn't bite, does it?"

"Pyrons eat water plants, not meat," Camellia said, as always eager to show off her so-called vast knowledge.

Nodding, Tatjana walked over to the Pyron and cautiously reached out, touching its head.

The Pyron accepted her touch, even seemed to like it.

"Traitor," Darc muttered.

"We should go to where the Owl is parked first. I don't want to leave it behind if we can use it still," Kharg said. He looked at Darc then walked over to him. "Someone help me get him to his feet."

"I don't need your damned help," Darc grumbled.

"Yes you do, if you put any weight on that leg you could cause more damage. You don't want to cripple yourself just for your damned pride," Kharg said.

Darc glared at him. There was really nothing he could say.

Ganz moved to Kharg's side and together they got Darc to his feet then Ganz backed off.

"Like I said you can't put any weight on that leg and there's only one way to make sure you don't," Kharg said.

Suddenly Darc found himself slung over his twin's shoulder like a sack of grain and being carried towards the Pyron. "Hey! Put me down!" he snarled. He tried to struggle, but was forced to stop when a sharp pain shot through his ribs.

"Stay still, stop being so damned stubborn," Kharg said.

Camellia giggled.

"It's not funny, damn it!" Darc snarled.

"You ought to see it from my point of view," Camellia said.

Delma smirked, trying to stifle her own snickers.

Kharg felt Darc tense like he was going to start struggling again. "Don't or I'll have Ganz pour a sleeping potion down your throat." He grinned. "Isn't it nice that we're finally getting close to each other?"

Darc scowled. "I'm going to strangle you in your sleep, Kharg," he said.

"I'm safe for six weeks, that's how long it will take for your leg to heal. We'll have plenty of time to talk," Kharg said cheerfully.

"Six weeks?!" Darc half-shouted.

"A broken bone isn't like a sprained ankle, little brother," Kharg said.

"What makes you think you're the eldest?" Darc demanded.

"Just a hunch," Kharg shrugged.

"Just a fancy word for a blind guess," Darc muttered.

It took some time for the Pyron to get big enough for all of them to ride, but finally they were on their way to East Halshine where the Owl was waiting.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Darc going to go crazy being bedridden for six weeks, right now Kharg has his stubborn brother right where he wants him…..R/R please. Many thanks to Sponge of Horrors who offered suggestions, ideas and corrections when needed!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  ;