Avatar The Last Airbender Fan Fiction ❯ Bleeding Earth ❯ Chapter Three ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Double D and Song soon reach the room to see that the governor was with several other men. The governor looked at the two.
“Oh, your back, I assume that you saw the bodies.” He asked.
“Yes, we have. And it was a gruesome site.” Double D said.
“Do you even know who did this?” Song asked.
The governor scratch his chin as he replied “That’s why were here.” He said. Double D then walked as he said.
“Do, you suppose to know a suspect?” he asked the group of men.
“I know what it is.” Said an old man, Double D listened. “It’s the headless rider.” He said. Double D listened even thought he knew that it was a joke.
“Legends have it that during the Fire Nation’s wars. The Fire Nation had sent a mercenary rider to Ba Sing Se. he wasn’t a fighter, but an assassin. He mostly terrified and killed every officer in the Earth Army. But he had a weakness…It was ladies. One night he supposedly killed and rapes a young girl. Till one day. Every villager and soldier learned who the rider was. That night they caught the rider in an ambush. The rider fought bravely slaying almost all of the ambush party. He then blocked an attack, but there was another fighter. He stabs his blade into the ribs of the rider. Then as the rider fell the soldier slice his head off with his own sword. Even today the rider has come back killing innocent ladies as we speak.”

Double D was kind of shaking in fear. He cleared his throat as he said “I find that a misunderstand.” The old man looked at him. “This is a story that is famous among the soldiers of the once called “Earth Kingdom.” The story also says that it took place in the lower rings of the city. And I know that crimes are very hard in that section of that city. So since the setting was different than. Anyone else?” he asked.
“I have one. The thing is thought to be a creature. Long ago, when Ba Sing Se was just a little village. There was thing about a creature that kills children in the night. It wasn’t till the tenth day that the creature was found and killed. The villager buried its body under a very old tree in third very section of the city.” Explained a man that was there.
Double D was shaking, but he once again said “Well, that’s a good story, but there are some flaws…first the victims are nothing but teenage girls. Secondly, may I ask how the monster dealt with the children?”

The man said “He devour them.”
“Aha! So it is not a creature nor is it a ghostly present due to the fact that the first 5 victims had there throats slit, and the killer removed the reproduction organs of the victims. But the last one had only her head cut off.” He said, while the men listened.
“What are you saying Double D?” asked the governor.
“This is no ghost, or monster. It’s a human being. And we must catch him.” He said.
Double D and Song were back at the police station. “Okay men. Listen up!” said the inspector. “Mr. Double D will explain you how the shift will go. You may present.” He said.
“Thank you, Inspector.” Double D said. “Welcome, gentlemen. I have come up with a plan to capture our killer. The bodies were found in this area of this city” he explained as he shows them a map of the upper ring. “I suppose that the killer will strike in this area once more…Border guards. Keep a close watch on who comes in or out of the city. If there anything weird, report to me and bring the guy in for questions. Now we need to portal this area more often, any questions?” He asked.

The policemen looked dumbfounded at him. Double D then said. “Do you understand?” Then the policemen all got up saying “yes, sir.” “Good, good luck to all of you.” Double D said. Song then walked in “Double D.” she said
“What is it?” he asked. “I just wanted to ask you if it’s okay if I go out for a while.” She asked.
“What for?” Double D asked.
“Oh, just to get some fresh air.” She said.
“Okay, but be careful we don’t you to get hurt.” He said.
She walked off, as Double D said “I hope this ends soon.”