Avatar The Last Airbender Fan Fiction ❯ Bleeding Earth ❯ Chapter Four ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Song walked to the back of the Police Station. She looked to the moon.
“This city has a lot of stories.” She said.
Double D was looking at the bodies once again. He covered his mouth with a cloth that he had. He does know that according to the story with the headless rider. The victims where ladies and had there heads chopped off. Now with the monster, there bodies were supposed to be devour them. And there wasn’t any. The wounds had to be a man.

Meanwhile in the night, Police Officer Talkins was patrolling the streets. Every police men in the Ba Sing Se force wore a green uniform that almost looks similar to the Dai Li’s but instead of black and green it is green and dark green. There same insignia was on the chest. There hats was the same but different color.
He continued down the streets. A black shadow suddenly moves behind him. He quickly turns around to see what it was; he scoffed as he continued on. The only problem with the police was that if there weren’t earthbender then they only relay on there wooden sword which is very painful. For real emergencies they can use there flintlock pistols.
One of the old council of five. Was walking down the streets; General How was returning from the capitol building. The others were retired and he’s the only one that remains. He continued on till he too notices something. There was something behind him. He turned around to see. But again, there was nothing. There was a silence, all of that changes when he felt a thud in his back. The pain became severe, he reach back but notices that it was an arrow. He yelled out that Officer Talkins can hear him. He ran to him as fast as he can. He stood while reaching for the arrow.

Suddenly another arrow struck his front in the belly. He yelled again, he remained standing still he broke off the arrow. He tried to relax as another arrow struck his lungs. This time he couldn’t take it. He fell to his knees. He watched as a dark figure walked towards him. He could only see that it held a bow, and was wearing the traditionally Chinese hat. He watch as it said “Your time has come, the traitor who helped Ba Sing Se fall.”
“What are you talking about?” he said while struggling to stay alive. “You’ll pay for the day that the city fell.” The figure said as it raised a pistol up he cocked it as the General closed it eyes. Soon he felt a bullet going through his skull.
Officer Talkins was too late he soon reach the body as the arrows in the front was forced to stick out to the back. He was laying on his front. He blew a whistle that he had.
Double D and Song were outside. “So Song…what have you been doing for the last two years?” he asked. Song thought about it then answered.
“Well, I’ll have been working on the human anatomy. Then I went into the Law enforcements.” She said.
“Why not being a doctor?” he asked.
“Well, I wanted to be, but First, I’ll help to fight crimes first.”
Officer Fin ran towards them. “Double D sir!” he yelled. Both Song and Double D looked over to him. “There was a murder!”
“Murder! Where!” Song asked.
“It’s not far! General How is murdered!” he said. Both Song and Double D looked at each other.
“Let’s go!” Double D yelled as they ran to the scene.