Avatar The Last Airbender Fan Fiction ❯ Bleeding Earth ❯ Chapter Five ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Double D and Song got to the scene as the police was there also. As they got there they saw that the general was lying on his front. His back was embedded with arrows. Double D even notices that the general was shot in the head as there was bleeding from the head.
“Oh, my god.” Said Song. “They killed the general.”
Double D then asked her “Who is this man?”
“He was one the council of five.” She explained, “The council of five was the top generals in the Earth Kingdom.”
Double D was thinking “Not only is he a lady killer, he’s a assassin.” He then remembers of the headless rider, but the general still had his head on. “This is interesting.” He said as Song was wondering what he was saying.
“What do you mean?” she asked.
“Well, General How was a figure to what was called the “Earth Kingdom” now who ever did this, is also a political hunter or should I say an assassin.” He said as the police said “It’s the rider.” Double D glared at him.
“If that is so then, why is his head intact.” He asked while pointing to the head. “Now…” he said as he went to the body as he notices that the arrows were in his back. He tried to pull one out.

Double D! What are you doing?!” asked the police.
“I’m getting a better look at the arrows; it appears that the arrows must have been made by somewhere.” He suggesting for a bit, he finally did only to be squirted with a bit of blood. He wipes the blood off as he said “we need to looked at the bullet that penetrated the skull of the general.”
“Come, Song” he said as Song left with him.
“What do have in mind?” she asked him.
Double D then said as he held up the arrow, “Do you know where this arrow was made?” he asked her.
Song looked at the arrow, “there is only one place were this arrow was made and that’s the military barracks” she said as Double D said “Then that’s where we must go.” He said as they walked to the house that was reserved for them. Double D was in one room as Song was another. Double D was wondering what all of the murders were connecting too. Six girls and a general, five girls were found with their throats cut and their reproductive organs removed. The sixth one was found with her head beheaded. Then the general was found with arrows and a gunshot in the head. Double D was getting scared for a moment. He notices that the windows were open; He walks over to the window as he closes it. He then wondered how Eddy and Ed were doing.

He looks at his watch as it was 10:12 pm. Well to CN time, He was there for three days so far. The next day was his third. He then remembers how Ba Sing Se was during the Fire Nation war. The CN army helped the Earth Kingdom retake the city with a fierce battle. He remembers meeting Song, how beautiful she was when he met her. Then there was that Starfire girl, how her eyes and body catches his attention. But he knows that a girl would never love a guy like him. They only like guys like Cartlon and the wizards, they were handsome and strong group. Double D and the other Ed’s can only attract Nazz, that’s if they were successful.

There were a lot of nice girls that he met; from now to the day the Fire Nation attacked the Land of Fire. Diego has a girl, Cartlon, and his buddies. Then he caught himself daydreaming, “Oh, lord, I have to concentrate on the murders” he said “That’s the reason why I’m here.” He said. he suddenly heard a sound outside, he quickly fumble for the pistol that he kept. It was a percussion lock pistol; it was better and easier to load then a flintlock pistol. He then waited as the sound then turned into a thump, he jumped out of his bead that he was in, he felled to the floor as the sound was from the window.

It sounded like if something has struck the window. He walked over to the window he opened it as it was there was a knife with a paper attached to it. He grabbed the knife as he grabs the note. He opened it. “Oh lord.” He said as it said:

Dear DD.

We have met, no?

I never knew you’ll come back?

Now that you are, you will be the next target?

You help…you helped the city to fall…and you’ll pay,

With a shot, arrow, or sword I will come for you and your love friend.

Sincerely yours.

Double D was shaking now, he’s knees were shaking. “Who is this madman?” he thought he quickly closed the window and walked with the gun in hands back to his bed. He then kept the candle lit as he was too frightened to sleep in the dark. “I’ll be glad that went this thing is over.” He said while trying to go to sleep, but a little sound would wake him up. “Next target, I will come for you, and Song?” but what did he and Song did, sure Double D and Song helped the siege of Ba Sing Se but all they did was helping the wounded.

He thought about it for a while, “There must be a reason why, but what did the six girls do?” he imagined. “the guy is mad do to the fact that the Earth Kingdom joined the Metropolis Republic, but everyone was okay about it, no revolts or rebellion. Unlike the Fire Nation who didn’t like it at all. Poor Zuko; I wonder if the civil war there is giving a hard time.” He then got tired of thinking as he slowly drifted off into a sleep.