Avatar The Last Airbender Fan Fiction ❯ Crackpot ❯ Proof: Mai Zuko ( Chapter 5 )

[ A - All Readers ]

This is what I get for playing majong all day long.
 
Proof
 
Mai, by nature, was not a jealous person.
 
She was not a happy person, she was not a sad person, she was not an anything person, but really, she wasn't ever that jealous. Everything just kind of… bored her. It was a tendency that made people believe she was a boring person, but that just wasn't the case.
 
The point is, she did not have a crush on Zuko.
 
(Oh, wait. That comes before “not being jealous.”)
 
The point is, really this time, she was not jealous of anyone else who did not have a crush on Zuko.
 
Absolutely.
 
Yes, maybe her breathing had elevated when she'd seen him alone in the middle of the forest, maybe she had the slightest notion to step out and greet him, and maybe the dart had slipped a fraction of an inch forward when she'd realized he had in fact not been alone, but that meant nothing. Nothing at all. There was no way to prove that how she tensed when she saw them lean forward, how she bit back any sort of noise of protest, rage, anything when she noticed their lips tough, or how she stabbed said dart into the tree beside her with a ferocious gesture and stalked off when she realized just who Zuko was kissing in the solitude beneath the trees had anything to do with the fact that she did not, in no way at all, feel for the backstabbing bastard.
 
And, most definitely, above all else, attempting to stab something through the little water-bender's heart had absolutely nothing to do with it.
 
It proved nothing at all.