Avatar The Last Airbender Fan Fiction ❯ Crackpot ❯ Broken Heart: Zuko Azula ( Chapter 6 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Finally! Got a good enough plot to write a Zucest story. (I heard that term somewhere and fell in love with it.) It's probably Outsane's fault, as her ashes fic made me want to write something dark and depressing, and then I listened to Rilo Kiley's Accidntel Deth. Let's just say, I'm inspired.
Not really Zucest. Kind of implied, hinted at, thrown in your face with no romance whatsoever.
 
Broken Heart
 
Azula was in love with death.
 
It was very simple. There was something absolute about it, something amazing about how final it was. There was a sweetness to the ever present fear in her victim's eyes as they realized just how much time they were going to have before their heart stopped pumping, and their blood dried up.
 
There was something even sweeter about killing her brother.
 
She'd never considered herself a romance kind of person, but as she held Zuzu's throat, sparks at her fingertips, she couldn't imagine a better way to woo her.
 
She could still see her very first memory of her brother, a boy not a year older than her. She'd looked up to him for three minutes before she knew, even as a newborn, she could and would dominate.
 
And she had.
 
She grinned down on her elder brother, teeth showing like fangs. Her lips felt skin, and she tasted sweat and blood, and ripples of ecstasy ran down her spine.
 
His body stopped struggling, and she dropped him onto the ground.
 
Azula walked away, and wondered if she'd ever loved anyone quite as much as her brother.
 
Notes:
There it is. I know some people are going to be like “Gross! They're brother and sister!” There are two very simple words to answer that:
“Screw” and “you.”
I thought it was going to come out differently. I might try again another time.