Avatar The Last Airbender Fan Fiction ❯ Crackpot ❯ Drowning: Toph-Sokka ( Chapter 8 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Possible spoilers for Secret of the Fire Nation. Only one scene, and it's nothing you probably haven't heard about.
 
Drowning
 
Toph grabbed for air above the surface of the water, gasping for breath as her head submerged again. Her legs kicked at water and nothing else, and she screamed for help, wondering why she'd ever agreed to step off solid land and go places she couldn't even see. She heard Sokka's voice yell he was coming to save her, and she felt the water around her move with new motion. Arms embraced her, bringing her up above surface, and she wrapped her arms around her savior.
 
“Oh Sokka! You saved me! Thank you!” She kissed her rescuer's cheek, uncertain about the powder taste she received.
 
“Um, actually it's me,” Suki's voice floated up, and she felt embarrassment over anything else, and almost wished she was still drowning.
 
Later that night, when she felt Suki and Sokka together away from the group, she might've felt the tiniest bit of jealousy swim up and could almost imagine the dark abyss beneath her.
 
Notes:
I might be a shipper for Sokka and Toph.
Might.
Mostly because I don't see much for TophAang, and Sokka and Toph's sarcasm is so perfect together.
And who was waiting for Sokka to say, “I know! The A-Team!”
I would've jumped at that.