Avatar The Last Airbender Fan Fiction ❯ Crackpot ❯ Wart Tea: KannaIroh ( Chapter 12 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Because old people are lurve.
 
Warm Tea
 
Kanna watched her granddaughter and her husband chase after their child who had stepped too close to an open pond. The young thing reached out to a penguin, catching one of its flippers and knocked into the water, which quickly froze into ice as Katara skidded along it to catch her baby boy.
 
The man across from her chuckled. “It certainly will be a hard one to look after. He has both their spirits.”
 
Kanna eyed Iroh carefully. From both Katara and Zuko's letters, she could only describe him as “eccentric.” His taste for tea, however, seemed to redeem all other qualities.
 
“I did not think the Fire Lord could brave a trip down here,” Kanna left out the “again” she'd wanted to tack on, but in light of the situation, it would be better if she remained silent. “Too much work in the capital.”
 
“Exactly why he came down,” Iroh answered amiably. “Zuko has never cooped up well, especially when he has other things to worry about. As far as I can tell, the officials have enjoyed cleaning things up.”
 
Kanna nodded and took a sip of the tea. Iroh was pleased to find her face light up with delight.
 
“This is good!” she said. “Did you make this yourself?”
 
Iroh grinned. “I found the recipe. An old blend, made especially for those in need of a more… exciting taste. It is an aphrodisiac.”
 
Kanna's face went pale and she slowly set the cup down. “Is—Is that so?”
 
“I had meant to give it to Zuko and his new bride when they were wed, but it must have slipped my mind.”
 
“You'll have to excuse me a moment,” Kanna said, carefully getting up to go find her granddaughter.
 
­---
 
“Gran Gran, no you cannot banish Iroh,” Katara tried to explain patiently. The baby boy she was trying to hold made it harder for her.
 
“I'll do it,” Zuko offered.
 
Notes:
He so would.