Avatar The Last Airbender Fan Fiction ❯ Frozen Fire ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 1

Disclaimer: I do not own Avatar the last air bender, therefore I make no profit off of this story.

This takes place at the end of the episode Western Air Temple.

"You might have everyone else fooled by your....transformation....but you and I both know you've struggle with doing the right things in the past....So let me tell you something right now, you take one step back; one slip up; give me one reason to think you might hurt Aang, you won't have to worry about your destiny anymore....Because I'll make sure your destiny ends right then and there....PERMANENTLY..." With that she turned and slammed the door in my face.

I stood there with stock written all over my face, I couldn't believe what just happened...Katara just threatened my life. I knew she was a fierce opponent in battle, but I never expected her to react to me the way she did...but then again how could I not see it coming. I knew she hated me, she every right to, how could I really expect anything different...

Flashback

"You can't possibly think that any of us would trust you can you...I mean how stupid do you think we are." Katara said

From the very beginning she was the first one that shot me down, as I sort of expected. She wouldn't even give me a chance didn't even stop to think....To her I lost my chance back in Ba Sin Se.

Flashback

"I can understand why you wouldn't trust me, and I know I've made some mistakes in the past." Zuko said.

"Like when you attacked our village..." Sokka said

"Or when you stole my mothers necklace and used it to track us down and capture us!!" Katara said.

Her facial expression, the tone of her voice, and her body language were all setting off bad vibes. The way she stared at me as if I was the fire lord himself, if looks could kill I would have been the dead the second her eyes made contact with mine. She wouldn't let go, and she probably never will.

Flashback

Look I admit I've done some awful things, I was wrong to try and capture you and I'm sorry I attacked the water tribe, and I never should have sent that fire nation assassin after you..." Zuko said.

Ya I probably should have left the assassin out. That's just what I needed one more horrible thing that I did to be added onto her long list of crap I did to them....

Flashback

"You need to get out of here now!!" Katara said.

"I'm trying to explain that I'm not that person anymore!" Zuko said.

"If you won't except me as a friend then maybe you'll take me as your prisoner." Zuko said.

"NO!! We won't!!!" Katara yelled.

"Get out of here and don't come back, and if we ever see you again....Well we better not see you again!!"

She wouldn't even except me as a prisoner....

Flashback

"Listen I know I didn't explain myself very well yesterday. I've been through a lot in the last dew years and its been hard, but I'm realizing that I had to go through all those things to learn the truth. I thought I had lost my honor and that some how my father could return it to me, but now I know that no one can give you your honor its's something you earn for yourself by choosing to do something right. All I want now is to play my part in ending this war and I know my destiny is to help you restore balance to the world." Zuko said.

Everyone finally believed me, everyone except for her....Her face showed doubt and mistrust.....

Flashback

I'm sorry for what I did to you, it was an accident. Fire can be dangerous and wild, so as a fire bender I need to be more careful and control my bending so I don't hurt people unintentionally." Zuko said.

Even the blind earth bender that I burned...Physically hurt....forgave me....But not Katara....

Flashback

"Thank you so much, I'm so happy you've accepted me into your group." Zuko said

"Not so fast I still have to ask my friends if it's okay with them..." Aang said.
...
...
...
...

"Katara?"

My heart literally stopped beating, I was sweating more than I would in a duel. Fulfilling my destiny was in the hands of the one person I personally betrayed, the one person who hated me, the one person who showed no faith in me....Katara.

Flashback

"I'll go along with whatever you think is right......."

She obviously still thought Aangs decision was wrong......

----

"Zuko dinners ready!!" Sokka yelled.

I laid there looking at the ceiling of my room trying to determined if I really wanted to go out there with all of them, and receive dirty looks from katara, but soon gave in. It would look bad if I ignored the group, and it would probably make things worse. I walked out into the center of the air temple to find all of the sitting around a fire, with Katara serving everybody rice. I walked over to them, none of them paying me any mind and sat next to sokka.

Everybody was laughing and enjoying small talk as they ate the food Katara was passing out. She started off with Aang them went around the circle handing everybody a small shape like bowl that was filled to the brim with rice. Everything was going smooth until she reached me. She sideways glanced at me and then rolled her eyes and gave the bowl in her hand to sokka instead of me. At first I felt me temper starting to rise, but I calmed myself telling myself that I deserved it, thinking she would just serve me last, but she didn't serve me at all. She filled another bowl turned; glared daggers at me then sat next to Aang. At first everyone was quite, no one spoke a word, everyone just stared at me. I tried my hardest not to show my temper, I tried my hardest not to be hot headed, but it seemed like everyone was bracing themselves for my out burst anyways.

"Um...Katara you forgot Zuko." Aang said politely.

"No I didn't I'm not his mother..." She answered nonchalantly taking another bite of the rice.

"Ouch..." The blind earth bender said.

I felt my face scrunch up, and I knew I was frowning so I quickly relaxed the muscles in my face. I couldn't say anything, she had a major influence on the avatar, and with one word she could probably have him removed from their little gaang.

"Here Zuko I'll get you some rice..." Aang said trying to keep the peace.

"Don't bother I wasn't hungry anyways...." I said as I got up excused myself and walked back to my room.

I could here them bickering and katara going on the defensive as I walked away, but I didn't bother to try and figure out what they were talking about. I needed to be by myself...this was going to be a lot harder than I thought, and I didn't have uncle there to help me.....

Here is chapter 1 I hope you guys liked it please review.....
Chapter 2 will be up as soon as I start getting some reviews thank you