Avatar The Last Airbender Fan Fiction ❯ Frozen Fire ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 2

Disclaimer: I do not own Avatar The Last Bender, therefor I make no profit off of this story..

Thankx for reading and reviewing.......And no the FBM and BR...will not be added in this fic.

Katara’s POV.

I stared to stir in my sleeping bag feeling a warming sensation lightly caress my face. I felt my muscles start to relax as I practically melted away with a small satisfying smile occupying my lips. I couldn’t even begin to remember the days were I could sleep in and enjoy the warming rays that the sun gives off, with out a care in the world. Now it’s 24/7 watching my back for fire nation soldiers and Azula.

I moved my arms behind my head; pushing the thoughts of the fire nation and the psychopathic princess out of my mind and sighed heavily. Sleep was once again about to take me, but something about the warming sensation caught my attention. It was growing in heat and was starting to make me feel a little uncomfortable. I slowly started to open one of my eyes trying to figure out why the warmth had escalated, and almost had a heart attack when I saw a hand lit in flames right in front of my face.

From that point on everything happened so fast. I hastily grabbed for my water pouch; uncorked it and made a water whip flinging it straight for him. All I heard was a yell as I jumped up out of my sleeping bag taking an offensive stance ready to whip zuko once again, but who was in front of me completely took me by surprise, it was Aang.

“Oh my god....Aang I’m so sorry. I thought you were zuko.”

“When are you going to understand that I’m not that person any more, I’m not going to hurt you guys.”

“I wasn’t talking to you Zuko.” I scolded him as I rolled my eyes.

“I know you weren’t but I’m just trying to explain th.-“ He started to say but was cut off by me.

“I don’t want to hear your little speech again...I heard it perfectly fine the first time....”

“I’m trying to be nice and calm but your making it really har-.” He started to say again.

“Aang are you okay?” I said as I kneeled down beside him to help him up.

“I was talking to you!” Zuko said as he roughly grabbed my shoulder.

My body went rigid, this was the moment I had been waiting for, the moment he did something wrong and gave me a reason to put him in his place.

“Let go of me!!” I yelled as a ripped my shoulder out of his grasp.

“I’m sorry I didn’t mean to grab you so hard...”

“Ya well you should have thought about that before you did it.”

I quickly water bent the water from the fountain behind us and made a big wave. With a flick of my wrist I sent the wave racing straight from him. He through his hands up in defense bracing his self for the blow, but it never came. I looked to the left and saw aangs hands up in the air glaring at the both of us. The wave crashed down into the floor and aang stepped forward.

“Katara what are you doing?”

“He hurt me!!”

“By accident.”

“That’s what he says.”

“Katara we all talk about this last night, you said you would let up on him.”

“I know but I thought It was him that was shoving the flame in my face, and I jumped to conclusions.”

“No katara it was me I was trying to show you what I learned, I called your name like three times but you wouldn’t wake up, I sorry I didn’t mean to scare.”

“It’s fine, I didn’t mean to attack you.”

“Don’t worry about it.....But I think you owe zuko an apology.”

“What...Why?!?....There’s no reason for me to apologize, he’s the one who hurt me.”

“And I said I’m sorry!!”

“Katara...he said he was sorry...all I’m trying to do is keep the peace here...”

“Well there would be peace here if he wasn’t here.”

“What!! I haven’t done anything since I’ve been here...I’m trying my hardest to fit in with you guys, to be nice to you, but you won’t allow me to be. Every chance you get you give me dirty looks, or through stupid little comments my way. I’ve taken everything you’ve thrown at me, but I’m getting really tired of it really fast. There’s no point in me putting in effort in all of this to be treated the way your treating me.”

“Oh go jump in a river Zuko....I’m tired of you always trying to make me look like the bad guy out of the two of us.”

“Katara!”

“No...You know what I don’t need this....I’m sorry Aang but your going to have to find a new fire bending teacher...I’m out of here.” Zuko said as he turned; grabbed his stuff and started to walk away from us.

“No, Zuko wait, she didn’t mean it....Right Katara?” Aang said. But I did mean it, and to tell you the truth I really didn’t care if he left. We could get another fire bender like Jon Jon....

“Right Katara!!”


I watched as Zuko started to walk away and looked at aang who was looking at me with both disappointment and worry. I hated seeing him this way but I really didn’t want Zuko here. Aang would understand sooner or later right, I mean after we found him another teacher he’d forget all about this......Right.

Who am I kidding, we’ll never find Jon Jon in time...Aang needs to learn fire bending now, and Zuko’s the only one who’s willing to teach him. It goes against my better judgement, and I really don’t want him here, but I’m going to have to suck it up and deal with it.

“Zuko Wait!” I shouted. He stopped and turned towards me with a raised eyebrow and crossed his arms waiting for what I had to say.

“Yes...”

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean it....And I’ll stop saying nasty comments about you and giving you dirty looks.” I said in a dull tone.

“Fine I’ll stay....But next time you might want to work on your sincerity....”

Aang looked at me and silently thanked me before running off with zuko to resume his training. They both walked side by side aang talking off Zuko’s ear and annoying him every so often with his air bending. I could tell Zuko was a little annoyed, and I would be lying if I said I felt bad for him. He’s just so infuriating, everything about him ticks me off.

“Ahh!!” I screamed letting out some of my frustration....

“What’s wrong with you....” Toph said.

“Nothing...” I answered irritatedly, as I cleaned the area up.

“I can tell your lying...”

“Yes toph I know you’re a human lie detector.”

“Then stop lying to me and tell me what’s wrong.”

“Zuko’s what’s wrong.”

“I don’t get what your problem is, he seems like a nice guy.”

“He betrayed us...”

“And we all got over it...all of us besides you.”

“Ya but he betrayed me personally....” I said before thinking.

“What.....what do you mean....”

“Nothing toph I don’t want to talk about it right now...Okay..” I said as I stopped what I was doing and walked off heading for the opposite end of the temple from everyone else.

The east side of the temple was quite only a couple of birds chirping every once in a while. Everything was so beautiful, and the flowers and drawings on the walls, and the dozens of fountains that displayed sparkling water. Everything was gorgeous, and so calming, just what I needed. I walked over to one of the fountains trailing my finger tips along the surface of the water staring off into the distance. I was so relaxed so calm so at peace, but that quickly changed as images of Zuko and I underneath Ba Sin Se’s palace in a cave full of green glowing crystals plagued my vision.

Flashback:

“Zuko!”

“ ;Why did they throw you in here.....Oh wait let me guess you’re a trap so that when aang shows up you can finally have him in your little fire nation clutches.”

“You’re a horrible person you know that always following us hunting down the avatar, trying to capture the worlds last hope for peace.... But what do you care you’re the fire lords son. Spreading war, violence and hatred is in your blood...”

“You don’t know what your talking about...”

I remember that day as if it were yesterday. The moment I saw him, my temper rose. I stood there verbally beating him and he did nothing but take it. Like he knew he deserved it....Something about him seemed different.

Flashback:

“I don’t, how dare you, you have no idea what this war has put me through....me personally.”

“The fire nation took my mother away from me...”

“I’m sorry....”
“That’s something that we have in common.”

It was like a being on appa and having him fly hundreds of feet in there air and then just fall straight down with out warning. One second I was outraged, and then with a couple of convincing words I turned into normal old katara, showing care and sympathy to people even when they don’t deserve it. I fell for it, I fell for his little sob story. “I’m sorry.....”

Flashback:

“I’m sorry I yelled at you before.”

“It doesn’t matter.”

“It’s just that, for so long now when ever I could imagine the enemy....It was your face.

“My face...”

“I see...”

“No-no that’s-that’s not what I meant.”

“It’s okay, I used to think this scar marked me. The mark of a banished prince cursed to chance the avatar forever....but lately I’ve realized I’m free to determine my own destiny even if I’ll never be free of my mark.”

That scar....So much is behind that scar. How did he get it, who gave it to him , and why....I really felt bad for him, I really thought he was....Human..

Flashback:

“Maybe you could be free of it.”

“What.”

“I have healing abilities.”

“It’s a scar....it can’t be healed...”

“This is water from the spirit oasis in the north pole, it has special properties.....I’ve been saving it for something important....I don’t know if it would work but....

The only way I could give aang back his life was about to be given to the one person who doesn’t deserve it....I almost let aang die.....

Flashback:

“I thought you had changed.”

“........I have changed.”

And that’s why I have no trust in him. One second he’s good, then the next he’s our enemy again. He helped azula kill aang, and I will never forget that.......


Here’s chapter 2 hope your guys like it...PLEASE REVIEW!!!

Chapter 3 will be up soon.