Avatar The Last Airbender Fan Fiction ❯ Fun and Games ❯ Captured ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Katara banged on the door again in vain. “Let me out of here!” She screamed. She had invented her own little pattern: kick, bang, scream, rest. Now she was ready to rest again. She threw herself on the dinky little bed. The room was barren except for that bed. It was a small room, maybe ten by ten. She wrapped herself in the red blanket on the bed. “How am I going to get out of here?” She asked the ceiling.
 
She heard the sound of steam outside her door. “You probably won't.” Prince Zuko waltzed into the room and relocked the door with fire bending. “You're here until I get the Avatar. Since you seem to refuse to help, you will remain here.”
 
“But then there's no point in me staying here,” Katara said condescendingly.
 
Zuko smiled maliciously, “Oh but there is.”
 
Katara's eyes widened. She prayed that she hadn't listened correctly. Had that registered the right way in her brain? Is he going to try something? Katara back up against the wall and closed her eyes. “Get out of here!” She demanded.
 
“You really think you can order me around? I am the leader of this ship. I can do basically whatever I want, and what I want now is…” he advanced and his smile broadened.
 
“Zuko!” Uncle Iroh knocked on the door. “It is time for tea. You are late. Bother the girl later.”
 
Zuko turned towards the sound. “Well, looks like I have to go now. But after I entertain my uncle I'll be back. And we'll have some fun.” He turned around and walked towards the door. Using fire bending he unlocked it. “See you later,” he chimed.
 
Katara lay back down on the bed. She put a shaky hand over her chest. That had been too close. She couldn't bear the thought of doing anything, much less than what she thought he might be thinking. Looking around her bleak room and sighed. This had been one of the worst weeks in her life.
 
She remembered when she was with Aang and Sokka. They had been camping on a pretty average looking beach. In the middle of the night they had been attacked. Apparently Zuko had been tracking them closely for a while. But that night was when he chose to make his move. Aang and Sokka had tried to fight, but were soon knocked unconscious. Fortunately Katara was able to create a fog and in the mist she dragged Aang and her extremely heavy brother to Appa. But as soon as she went to board the giant bison, Zuko appeared from the fog and grabbed her. She barely had time to yell “Yip, yip” before she too was knocked out. She awoke many hours later in her desolate prison.
 
What did he want from her? She shuddered at the thoughts that passed through her head. She turned towards the door. Well, it looks like she would soon find out exactly what Zuko had planed. She could hear footsteps coming down the hall. She listened to the sound of steam and the door opened. There in a silk scarlet robe was Zuko.