Avatar The Last Airbender Fan Fiction ❯ Fun and Games ❯ A Kiss? ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Bunnie: Bunnie, your friendly fan-fic author is here! Now I know I was absent in the last chappie, but who cares.
 
Katara: I do.
 
Zuko: I don't. You are so blatantly idiotic.
 
Bunnie: Okay that's it Zuko, you no longer get Katara. You get… Sokka.
 
Zuko: <.<
 
Bunnie: Don't you emoticon me mister! I have the power!
 
Katara: Anyways, she doesn't own Avatar, and on with the story.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
Zuko shut the door behind him. He looked around the room, and then looked directly at Katara. “Well, here we are.”
 
Katara bit the insides of her mouth. She had to keep calm. Pretend she was brave. Act like she didn't care. Couldn't let him get inside her head. She glanced up at the young man. He was walking towards her. His eyes were drinking her up. He finally arrived at the bed and sat down next to Katara. She recoiled.
 
“What? Are you frightened of me?” He lifted a hand and placed it gently on her face.
 
“No.” Katara swiftly turned her head away. “There's nothing to be frightened of.”
 
Zuko's hand lingered in the air. She had turned away from him. How dare her! He quickly formed a fist and clenched his jaw. He took a deep breath and closed his eyes. `Stay clam. I can still get what I want.' He told himself. Shaking his head he smiled at the fourteen year old girl before him. She was pretty, smelling of snow and rain. He had to make this work.
 
Katara looked back at the prince. He had taken a moment to gather himself she supposed. It looked as if it had worked. He faced her fully and brought one of his legs onto the bed. Katara quickly thought of everything she could do. Fight him? She had no water and her martial arts weren't up to his skill. Or give in? But he was the enemy. She hated him. Or maybe she could procrastinate. That might work. But she'd have to give in a little for that plan.
 
Rotating her face so she was looking directly at him she sighed. He still seemed intent on doing something. She wrapped the blanket even tighter around herself. Zuko cocked his head and leaned closer towards her. He grasped her arm through the blanket and pulled her closer to him. The thin blanket fell to the bed unceremoniously as Zuko made his advances upon poor Katara.
 
“Please,” Katara pleaded, “I don't know you at all. All I know is that you're the enemy. Try to see things from my perspective.” Katara tried to stop herself but she felt hot tears well up in her eyes.
 
Zuko quickly wiped the tears from her eyes with his sleeve. Katara gasped, that was so sweet. But her temporary affection for the prince evaporated when he added, “Can't let you have any water to bend now can we?”
 
Katara's eyes flashed with anger. She abruptly pushed Zuko away from her. Zuko was confused. Why had simply doing that angered her so much? Then it dawned on him. Maybe she suspected that he had actually tried to sooth her. If that was the case, then she had first responded with almost content. He was so stupid! If he hadn't added that bit about the water bending he could have won some of her trust and affection.
 
“Well, maybe I am the enemy. But you're here now, so get used to it.” He leaned towards Katara again. “Besides, I can be nice. And I will be. In fact I'll leave you now, with a parting gift.” In one swift move Zuko planted a firm kiss on Katara's immobile lips. “See you,” he said nonchalantly. He left and locked the door behind him.
 
Katara's mind reeled. Zuko had just kissed her! She hastily scrubbed her face with her hand. After a while her lips burned, and upon removing her hand she saw a smear of blood. `How could he!?' her mind screamed. Katara curled up into a ball on the bed and tried her hardest not to cry. It was futile. Soon there was a wet spot under her head. Then she perked up. Zuko had said no tears because she could water bend. Sitting up she tried to regain her form.
 
She placed her hands a few inches over the spot on the bed. Breathing deep she rocked her hands back and forth. As she did, the water in her tears separated from the sheets. She kept it up until the spot was gone and she had a palm sized amount of water in her hands. She smiled. Now Zuko was toast.