Avatar The Last Airbender Fan Fiction ❯ Fun and Games ❯ Here's Aang! ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Zuko followed Katara to her cell. He really noticed for the first time how pathetic it was. Maybe she would be happier if he gave her a better living quarter. “Um... Katara, if you ever wanted a better place to sleep you could just tell me.”
 
“No I'm fine here, but thank you.” Katara was actually sitting on the bed again.
 
She must have really been affected by what was said Zuko though to himself. And luckily for him it seemed to be for the best. He sighed out of relief and made to sit on the bed next to her.
 
“But, I'd prefer it if you didn't join on a bed, ever again.” Katara said quickly and quietly.
 
“Let's not even mention that again.” Zuko wanted to forget about it.
 
As if reading his mind Katara flipped out again. “Not mention it? How could you possibly try to forget it? It's going to affect me for my entire life and you want to stuff it under the carpet?! Just…” She calmed down a little, “leave.”
 
Zuko left the room furious with himself. How could he be so stupid? He was having an actual conversation with Katara and he had to go and blow it. Marching towards his own quarters he sighed. It seemed he would never make Katara like him. He decided he needed some fresh air and, changing his direction, he walked to the surface of the ship.
 
Ha gazed at the sky. It was so vast. Like one could get lost in it. Suddenly his thoughts were shattered. Along the horizon he saw a black speck in the sky. It might have been a bird, had it not been flying towards the ship at a breakneck speed.
 
Zuko panicked. He knew there was only one thing that thing could be. It was the one thing he had hoped for the least. He ran toward the nearest crew member and shouted orders. “Full speed, we have unwanted visitors!”
 
The crewman ran off into the ship. Zuko paced the deck. They were getting closer. By now Zuko could easily see it was a giant flying bison. He could just make out two small figures on top.
 
The bison flew closer to the ship. Finally it landed on the deck and off jumped a young bald boy and an older boy with darker skin and brown hair.
 
The young boy, Aang, addressed Zuko with one sentence. “Where's Katara?”
 
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
Bunnie: Aiiieee, short chapter. Sorry, I meant to draw it out more, but ran out of ideas. And I thought this was a good spot.
 
Aang: Yay! I show up. I'm not bald, though, it's shaven.
 
Zuko: This Zuko does not panic!
 
Katara: My saviors are here, yay!
 
Bunnie: Sorry for the short break. I started up another fan-fic. So I'll update a little more slowly now.