Avatar The Last Airbender Fan Fiction ❯ Love Inprisoned ❯ Cooling of the Steam ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Me: Hey I'm back! I can't remember how long it's been since I updated this story, but I have a reason.
Kita: Yeah, her parents blocked the site at home.
Me: Hey!
Disclaimer: I own nothing!
 
 
 
Chapter 4: Cooling of the steam
**Zuko's POV**
“So, you mean to tell me that your name is not Zula, and that it is Katara?” I asked her anger seeping into my voice just the slightest bit. “Well, yes, I guess that's it. You see, when you first asked me my name , I was shaken up and the first thing that came to my mind is that I couldn't tell you my real name because I knew that once you heard my name you would know that I was Princess Katara of the Southern Water Tribe and best friend of the Avatar.” Katara told me in a rush as she turned around hugging herself.
I myself couldn't think of something to say that would make her calm down, then it hit me. Just tell her the truth, “My first thought wasn't that you are the princess or that you are associated with the Avatar. My first thought when you told me your real name, Katara, was that you are the owner of the necklace that I currently have on my person.”
**Katara's POV**
`Mother's necklace, he had my mother's necklace?' My thoughts were going crazy running circles in my mind. I finally got them in order enough to respond, “Then, if you've been looking for me, to return my necklace, here I am.” I stated confidently, not at all the way I was feeling.
“I'll only return it to you if, when we get out of here, you return with me to my ship.” I could not believe what I was hearing. He wanted me to accompany on his ship when we get out of here. He so confident that we will live through this. Oh I almost forgot to answer him; he's just standing there waiting for my answer looking so cute. Wait what am I thinking he's my enemy even though he's been so nice to me. Ok, focus Katara answer him, “I can't give you an answer now.” What was that? That wasn't a no, that was an I'll consider it, that's not what I wanted to say.
**Zuko's POV**
I cannot believe that I just asked her that. I really wanted her to stay with me, but I really need to learn when to keep my mouth shut. Although I realize that it is the only way I can think of to keep her safe from harm, even if that meant that I had to kill her buffoon of a brother.
“I can't give you an answer now.” She said interrupting my thoughts, well, it wasn't the answer I was hoping for, but at least it wasn't a no. “Don't rush yourself; just tell me when you're ready.” I said as I walked over to the cot and held her.
**Katara's POV**
As he held me I felt myself dropping my guard and drift off to sleep.
**Zuko's POV**
She fell asleep in my arms and I knew then, that she trusted me, if only a little. I was happy to see her relax after what Jamosh did to her.
 
 
 
 
 
Me: Yay! Another chapter is done. Still several more to go.
Kita: Well, see you all next chapter, which since she now has access to the site from home should be more often.
Next chapter there is a stirring amongst the earth troops.