Avatar The Last Airbender Fan Fiction ❯ Sokka's Must Read Letter ❯ Lipstick ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Disclaimer: I don’t own Avatar: The Last Air-bender, The very talented team of Mike and Brain own the show and characters. The rating maybe wrong but I did try to get it right.

By: year of the snake (at fanfiction) aka. crescent moon (at mediaminer).


Sokka’s Must Read Letter

It all started with a joke, a sarcastic comment really but that’s how Sokka’s life is. Toph is always getting the better of him.
He was just minding his own business, okay so he was minding the money that Katara foolishly put him in charge of. Sokka had gotten Katara so upset about her money skills that she shoved that duty off on him.
“She made this look so easy. How does Katara manage to buy so much with so little? I never knew money was so hard.” Sokka complained silently.
Toph’s ultra-fine-tuned ears heard him. “Money’s easy Sokka.”
“Yeah?” he questioned anxiously.
“Yeah. When you have it you can spend it, when you don’t,” she snatched away the coin he held, “you can’t. See now you can’t spend this one.” Toph stuck it in her clothes. “If I can help liberate more money feel free to call me.” She walked off towards the village. There was a spicy food that Sokka’s donation made it possible for her to try.
“I will… Hey wait a second!” She bustled away faster. “Give that back Toph!”
Sokka tried to catch her but she was gone before he could even stand. “Darn earth-bender!” he grumbled.
When she cam back they had a training session for Aang that turned into a battle between Toph and Katara.
Toph and Katara ended up covered in mud. Toph just bended the mud off. When they stopped ‘training’ for the day Toph, Sokka and Aang went into town. Katara stayed behind to clean herself and her clothes.
When he mentioned his desire to get a messenger hawk because, “…then I won’t have to talk to anyone…”
Toph said, “I have to say I like the idea of not talking to you.”
He didn’t show it but that really stung him. When he said anyone he hadn’t meant Toph as well.
Toph found an enjoyable way to gain the funds to save his brain. Scams.
But of course Katara found out but even her warning didn’t slow them down. They continued their scams.
Sokka found a wanted poster of Toph. He would have kept it but Toph bribed, ahem, paid him highly for it. And thus Sokka got his bird, a messenger hawk he named Hawky.
“Very original.” Toph teased his name.
That night after another fight between Katara and Toph he tried his Hawky out. His attempt at negotiations made a bigger mess between Toph and Katara. It was brought acutely to his attention that Toph couldn’t read or write. At that moment a plan to ease his pain without Toph’s constant teasing formed. And his messenger hawk could help. He never felt more like a genius then he did at that moment.
The next day Katara and Toph went into town together to pull off the ultimate scam. Turning Toph in for the reward, then her escaping.
Aang had to do some training while they were gone so Sokka had time to execute his plan.
He dug out a fresh, clean slip of paper. This would be pure poetry! He could hardly wait.
Putting the ink-filled brush to the page he began. Before he finished he rummaged through Katara’s bag. Sokka smiled when he found what he needed.
Once he was through with his letter he put it in Hawky’s cylinder. Then he didn’t even let the hawk fly. He took the letter back out, read it and put it in his sleeping bag with a huge smile. Sokka confused Hawky.
Aang came back after his practice time. One look at Sokka and he knew something was different. A second look and he knew what it was.
“Sokka are you wearing lipstick?”
“Uh… Yes.” He thought up a lie quickly. “Haven’t you even wondered what lipstick felt like?”
“Not really. But you would already know Sokka. Remember when we visited Kyoshi Island and you dressed as a Kyoshi warrior?”
Sokka covered promptly, “I wondered if fire nation lipstick felt the same.”
“And does it?” Aang was starting to laugh.
“Somewhat.” Truth be told Sokka couldn’t remember what any of the Kyoshi Warrior makeup felt like.
“I see.” laughed Aang.
Sokka grumbled and rushed to wash it off before Toph and Katara got back.
Soon the lipstick was forgotten. The girls should’ve been back by now but they weren’t. The boys should be hearing their laughs but they didn’t. So they went to get them. They met Combustion Man in town. They all managed to escape.

414141414141414141414141414141414141414141414141414141414141414141414141 414141
Hi everyone! Here is they first chapter of my first ever Avatar: The Last Air-bender fan fiction! Yay! This story is based on a song which shall be revealed at the closing of this story. But if you have any guesses feel free to state them in a review. This story is focused on parts we didn’t see just before, in and after the episode called The Runaway.
Sorry to those who are reading or fans of my Bored With Mine Borrowed Yours Inuyasha fan fiction. I know I am the latest I have ever been on getting the next chapter out. Deadlines have kept me away from the family computer. I will get it out soon, I hope. But until then be kind with me. I have had a lot to do lately, no excuse I know but true. I’m sorry again.
Anyway Happy April Fools Day! I hope to get the next chapter out soon. Please review.