Avatar The Last Airbender Fan Fiction ❯ Sokka's Must Read Letter ❯ Funky Smelling Bag ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Disclaimer: I don’t own Avatar: The Last Air-bender, The very talented team of Mike and Brain own the show and characters. The rating maybe wrong but I did try to get it right.

By: year of the snake (at fanfiction) aka. crescent moon (at mediaminer).


Chapter 2
Every night after Toph said something sarcastic that hurt Sokka’s feelings or when Sokka needed a boost there would be crinkling sounds after everyone else was asleep. Sokka would read and even reread the letter, the letter he had addressed to himself.
Toph woke up a few times to this crinkling and finally she had to know what Sokka read of often. So one day when he was doing his sword fighting routine, which lasted a few hours everyday Toph went through his things. She finally found a paper that felt like it had ink on it that wasn’t a map. It was rolled up with his sleeping bag. She had to crawl inside the funky smelling bag to get it but she was determined.
Toph had to think. ‘Now who should I take this to, to find out what it says? Katara or Aang? They’re both pansies when it comes to this stuff. But Katara did go through my things, yet would she reveal to me something that is her brother’s? Aang might read it if I don’t tell him it’s Sokka’s. then again he might read it anyway. I’ll take it to Aang.’ She quickly put everything back.
“Twinkle-Toes!” Toph called.
Aang, who was practicing air maneuvers with Appa and Momo glided down.
“What is it Toph?”
“I need you to read this.” She shoved the paper into his chest hard.
Twinkle-Toes looked at the letter. “Toph this is addressed to Sokka. It’s not right to read someone else’s mail.”
“It’s Sokka’s? I found it on the ground.” Toph added in her mind, ‘In his sleeping bag on the ground.’ “Aren’t you curious what it says?”
“No.”
“Really? I bet it say something important. Maybe it says something about you. But you’re not curious.” Toph yanked it Aang’s hands. “I’ll just see if Katara will read it.” She turned and started walking away.
Aang fought it he really did. But the lure was too much for him. He landed himself in front of the slow moving blind girl. “I’ll read it.”
‘I thought you’d say that.’ thought Toph.
Aang read the letter. “Dear Sokka, You are the…” He trailed off. It confused him. “I don’t understand.”
“Well what does it say?”
“Umm… I’m not sure I should tell you…” Toph ripped the letter from his hands.
“Fine I’ll take it to Katara!” She huffed off to find Katara. Aang trailed after her. “Katara,” she began when she felt Katara’s vibrations, “will you read something to me?”
“Sure Toph, what is it?”
“I’ll know when you read it to me.”
“I suggest you read it to yourself first.” suggested Aang.
Toph glared at him. ‘How dare you!?!’ she thought. Aang gulped training with Toph would be ultra-dangerous for the next few days.
Katara read through the letter confused. It was addressed to Sokka, in Sokka’s handwriting but when she got to the bottom she was even more confused.
“Toph did you ask Sokka to write a letter to himself?”
“Why would I do that?”
“It’s from you.” Recalling what it said Katara began to laugh.
“Tell me what it says.” Toph said.
“I-I think it’s for Sokka to tell you.” Katara stuttered.
Toph was so upset she kicked the earth once and an entire mountain range rippled the earth. She stole the note back and went toward the highest of the mountains.
Sokka just missed her. He came back rubbing his tushie. “Why did Toph feel the need bruise my hinnie”
Aang and Katara looked at each other. They didn’t know whether to be nervous or laugh.
Katara fought snickers as she said, “I don’t know. Maybe she was being affectionate.” Aang and Katara laughed.
“Right…” Sokka raised an eyebrow. “Did you guys buy imported cactus juice or something?”
Katara laughed harder remembering how Sokka and Toph ‘stuck together’ in that desert.
“What’s with everyone today?”
“Nothing blue eyes.” Aang said. Aang chuckled and Katara giggled.
“Okay… Well I’m gonna go take a bath. If Toph comes back while I’m gone… Nevermind I’ll talk to her tonight.”
4204204204204204204204204204204204204204202420420420420420420420

Hey everyone. I finally got around to putting the next chapter of Sokka’s Must Read Letter out. What do you think? Let me know. Thanks. Type again soon.