Avatar The Last Airbender Fan Fiction ❯ Untitled for now ❯ Chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 4
 
Normal POV
 
Zuko shifted, slightly nervous. He'd never had someone ask to be a slave before, and was unsure what to do. Hikaru heard him shift and tilted her head in curiosity.
 
“Is something wrong?” she asked.
 
“I don't think anyone's ever asked to be a slave before.” he said. “I'll ask again. Are you sure this is what you want?”
 
Hikaru nodded. “I've thought it through, and I'm sure.” she said softly, standing up. “I don't know why I know this, but I know this is the path I'm supposed to take.” She knelt before him, showing her submission to him.
 
Zuko nodded and stood, putting his hand on her head.
 
The next morning, Hikaru jerked into a sitting position. She was sweating lightly and panting heavily.
 
“Is something wrong, Miss Hikaru?” asked Iro, walking into her room.
 
“Just a nightmare...” she said softly.
 
“Would you like to talk about it?” he asked. Hikaru shook her head. “If you change your mind, I'll be willing to listen. Oh, and my nephew is waiting for you in his room. He says he wants to talk to you.”
 
Hikaru smiled and nodded. “I'll be there as soon as I clean up.” she said, going over to a bowl of water on a nearby dresser. The water was specifically for washing one's face in the morning. Iro nodded and left as Hikaru washed her face.
 
Hikaru's POV
 
I have to admit, I was nervous. It was my first day as a slave and I didn't know what to expect. And I was also nervous about training. Would my `sight' be enough to help me, or not?
 
Once I'd washed my face, I made my way back to my new Master's room. It was easier to get there once I knew the way, so it didn't take as long this time. When I reached his room, I knocked on the door and waited for a reply.
 
“Come in.” said my new Master.