Avatar The Last Airbender Fan Fiction ❯ Untitled for now ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 3
 
Zuko's POV
 
`Did she really just ask that?' I wondered, moving to sit on the bed. “Sit next to me.” I told her. She moved slowly across the room and slowly sat next to me. “Are you sure about this?” I asked her. “If you go through with this, there will be no going back.”
 
She nodded, looking away from me.
 
“I'm sure.” she said softly. “As you said before, I have no where else to go. I don't think I'd be welcomed anywhere either.”
 
“Explain.” I said, a bit more harshly than I intended.
 
“My sister and I are...unusual. In a sense, we have the ability to master all four elements, just like the Avatar, but that is only due to our odd family heritage.” she replied, still not looking at me for some reason. “My mother was both a Water bender and an Air bender, while my father was both a Fire bender and an Earth bender.”
 
Hikaru's POV
 
I paused, unsure of what else to say. I didn't want to out and say that I was blind, since he didn't seem to have noticed yet, but keeping it a secret didn't seem like a good idea either.
 
“What elements have you mastered so far?” he asked.
 
“Earth, Water, and Air. I have no ability with Fire bending though.” I said softly, tilting my head a bit. Silently, I cursed my father. I was partially deaf in one ear because of the scar he gave me, and totally blind because he wouldn't let it be treated for three days.
 
“I'm still training as a Fire bender myself, so we'll train together.” said Zuko, breaking me out of my thoughts.
 
“Ok.” I said softly, feeling it would be better to just agree. He was clearly a prince, and was used to getting what he wanted. Besides, maybe he could help me.