Avatar The Last Airbender Fan Fiction ❯ When Ice and Lava Meet ❯ Misted by Luxury ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don’t own Avatar: The Last Air-bender, the very talented team of Mike and Brain own the show and characters. The rating maybe wrong but I did try to get it right.

By: year of the snake (at fanfiction) aka. crescentmoon (at mediaminer). And now Opal-Dreams on DeviantArt.

When Ice and Lava Meet

Chapter Seven

They had a boring day, or so far it was. So Katara and the Blind Bandit decided to take Iroh up on his offer and visit him at the tea shop. They deserved the tiny bit of luxury that a cup of tea would mist them in.
When they entered the shop the smell of herbs hit them full blast. Just like a man hit ‘Jen’ knocking her to the ground.
“Sorry,” the man grumbled. He reached down and pulled her to her feet. It was Zuko from the day before.
“You should pay more attention to where you’re going.” ‘Jen’ said.
“What?!?”
‘Mai Ling’ joked, “Oh Jen don’t be ridiculous. That was obviously his way of hitting on you.” ‘Mai Ling’ punched ‘Jen’ in the arm.
“What!?!” Zuko blushed red. “I would never hit on such a low class gutter-rat like her!”
“No, self respecting ‘gutter-rat’ would want you to! After all you’re so beneath them!” responded the offended girl.
‘Mai Ling’ was highly shocked but kinda pleased with the entertainment they were providing. She had meant it as a joke, oh well. ‘Who knew Sugar-Queen had it in her?’
“Zuko!” boomed a voice behind the scarred man. Zuko flinched. “That is no way to talk to a lady.”
“She’s no lady; she’s a peasant, like us.”
“Regardless. You do not talk to a member of the gentle sex in such a manner. I taught you better. Please excuse him ladies he’s been having a rough time in recent weeks. He lost his job and is worried about our financial wellbeing.” Uncle Iroh said in the hopes of flattening ruffled feathers.
“Hmm.” sneered Katara. She wanted to say, ‘I wonder why.’ but contained herself.
“No problem. It was hilarious.” the Blind Bandit announced.
Iroh turned to Zuko and discreetly said, “When one has done wrong one must apologize promptly to halt future heartache.”
“Apologize!” hissed Zuko. “She should apologize to me!”
“Zuko she was only defending herself from your unwarranted attack. Her friend meant no harm with her joke.”
“I will not apologize; my pride is the only thing I still have.” Then he walked out the door in a huff.
Iroh hung his head with a sigh. “I am sorry ladies. My nephew is not himself at the moment. Please forgive his rude behavior.”
Toph answered, “Hey no problem Captain Sparky can breathe smoke all he wants.”
Iroh chuckled. “Come this way. You two can have tea on the house.”
Katara smiled at him. “Thank you.”
Iroh just nodded and led them to their wormhole punctured table. “So what can I get for you?”
He took their orders and went back to work.
While he was out after the short lived battle Zuko was listening to a couple talking to each other about the good one Painted Lady had done for the people. This couple was rich but that didn’t mean they lacked problems. The lady said, “I wish she would go to Mister Sun’s house and get our painted ostrich-horse back for us.” The painted ostrich-horse was a beautiful toy that their little baby wouldn’t sleep without.
They gave Zuko an idea.

888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888 888888888888888888888888
*Grin* My computer’s working again! Yay! Thank you everyone for your well-wishes and prayers. My computer may work for a few more days to twenty years or so. I’m praying for the twenty or so years. That was chapter seven. I hope you liked it.
Thanks to my reviewers and everyone who waited so patiently. My reviewers were, Kaydreams, tokka123, and vash3055 (from fanfiction(.)net), Mannie258, phili91, and Lion tracks (from deviantART). Thank you all for your interest. I want to say to vash3055 that yes there will be some Taang, but I’m not sure how much will be in it.

Thanks for reading, please review, I’ll try to update again soon.