Azumanga Daioh Fan Fiction ❯ After Graduating ❯ Irresponsible Teach' ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
AZUMANGA DAIOH FICCHAP 2:Yukari whirled around, watching Sakaki tremble in the doorway."What the-- Sakaki, I thought you were..." The teacher's eyes glanced over at where she figured Sakaki was sitting. She did a few double takes, to make sure that the girl really had never been sitting in her seat, and that she had just gone relatively unnoticed."Skipping class, eh? You better have an explanation..." Yukari already had her paperback textbook rolled up into a tight cylinder."I was outside at lunch..." Sakaki began her long explanation of how this kitten had appeared out of nowhere, and how she had begun to follow it. Her pursuit resulted in the cat being to scared to go anywhere but the road, which also resulted in the cat getting hit by a car. There was silence as Sakaki's tearful story ended. Yukari's textbook fell limp at her side, as Tomo wiped fake-sympathy tears from her eyes. Suddenly, Osaka got up, and proceeded to approach Sakaki in a ghostly manner. Her eyes had a foggy look, as to say "Bleeeegh" "Lemme take a look..." Osaka mumbled dreamily. Shuddering, but steadily, Sakaki handed the southern-Japanese girl the cat. Ayumu Kasuga raised the injured cat high in the air, and began to tremble. Her eyes were now blazing, quite a significant change after her usual dazed look. She began to chant something, some sort of foreign language that nobody apparently understood. Nobody but Chiyo."Zeh ha-Chatul... Zeh ha-Chatul! ZEH HA-CHATUL! Ha-Chatul refuah! REFUAH GAHM! Refuah..." Everyone was amazed, not by the chanting, but how incredibly Osaka had changed by performing this demonstration. There was another long silence as Osaka, chuckling like her usual self, started back to her desk. Chiyo stood up."Erm... Miss Osaka? Why were- That WAS Hebrew, correct? How.... how do you know that language?""Oh, Jesus! Will you just quit it, Osaka?" Kagura yelled from her seat behind Koyomi Mizuhara. "Shut up with that damn pen!""Thank you, Kagura" Yukari noted"No prob', teach'" Tomo automatically answered, standing up with her hand behind her head in embarrassment "She wasn't talking to you, moron!" Yomi yelled"What was that, fatty?" Tomo yelled back.The room, once again, was in complete cacophony, which made Sakaki sob even harder as she ran out of the room, hugging the kitten to her chest, which had somehow subconsciously dug its claws into Sakaki's hand.Yukari was obviously not doing anything to stop the chaos, so Chiyo took a stand."Excuuuuse me!!" Her meager voice called.Nobody stopped."Hello? Please?""SHUT UP!" Almost immediately after she had yelled it, she clasped her hand over her mouth, and the room went silent."Woah." Is all Kagura said.****After school, Yomi was walking home. The sky became dark, and a downpour started. The girl had counted on this happening earlier, so she pulled out the umbrella she had in her briefcase, and spread it over her head. She was speculating the day, going over everything that had gone wrong."Well, we're graduating in about three weeks, so I'm guessing everyone's just stressed about entrance exams, huh?" She thought aloud. "I mean, Sakaki found a cat that got run-over. That's not that uncommon. Now, Osaka and that Hebrew, and Chiyo yelling? Something definet-" Yomi didn't notice the sign that had read NEW CEMENT, and walked right into knee-deep grey, wet, semi-solid sludge. "What the--?" She yelled, as she futilely tried to inch her waist out of the ground. She heard the sound of bike wheels turning, and wondered if someone behind her, who was biking, didn't see her, and could run her down. Yomi twisted at her waist to look behind her, not realizing that her knees wouldn't pivot. She heard a large cracking noise, both her legs became washed over with excruciating pain, and she lost consciousness.****Tomo lived near Koyomi. They had attended grade school together, and despite their little quarrels, they were genuine friends. Takino had surprisingly stayed later to study in the library, but had ended up just playing some computer games. When she had noticed the time, she rushed out of school, remembering that her mother had reminded her to be home early for dinner. Tomo ran at a steady jog, pacing herself, but at the same time being wary of the wet cement under her feet. As she turned the corner that her house was on, she saw a figure hunched over, sunken about two feet into the ground."Oh my god, Yomi." Tomo whipped out her cell phone, and dialed 911.