Azumanga Daioh Fan Fiction ❯ Todai Days ❯ Welcome ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
“Welcome”

It was a peaceful August morning in Tokyo, Japan, as the sun rose over the horizon and lit up the grounds of Tokyo University. Students were quietly going across the school’s beautiful campus when the silence was broken by screams of terror and anger. Across the main lawn of Tokyo U, a terrified, dark-haired boy was being chased by an enraged girl carrying a large stick.

Get back here you!!! How dare you take miss Sakaki away from me!!!” Kaorin shrieked, blazing after a young american man like a bat out of hell.

What the hell are you talking about Kaorin?? I didn’t do anything!!” He cried out in confusion, ducking under a jab of Kaorin's fist. She was showing no signs of tiring

I'M GOING TO KILL YOU! JUST LET ME CATCH YOU FIRST, YOU WEASLE!!"

"Help me!!!”

As Kaorin chased the young man around the school’s yard another group of students were walking towards the school. In the group were: Tomo Takino, Yomi Mizihara, Ayumi “Osaka” Kasuga, Kagura, and Sakaki. Also in the group were three american foreign exchange students from North Carolina: Sean Adams, a 6’1” football player and overall athletic nineteen year old, Andrew English, a six foot wise guy who loves to mess with people, and Shane Ward, a 5’11” practical joker. As they walked towards the school, Kagura and Sean talked about how good the sports teams were going to be this year, while Andrew and Osaka talked about various, insignificant things.

Tomo and Yomi, who’d been friends since grade school stayed near the back of the group and tried to avoid Shane who was trying to impress them, but was failing miserably. At the head of the group, Sakaki was trying to calm down Kaorin and spare the boy from a horrible beating. “Kaorin, calm down and stop chasing Tyler please.”

No he’s going to pay. IN BLOOD!” the girl rebuttled ferociously, ready to tear his spine out of place.

For the love of god somebody help me!!!!” As Tyler made that desperate scream for help the rest of the group stopped doing what they’d been doing and watched the slightly comical scene in front of them.

Man, Tyler’s faster than I thought said Sean as Tyler continued to run and scream. The whole group, except for maybe Osaka, knew the reason why, almost everyday, Kaorin tried to kill Tyler. She was a, usually, sweet and kind person, but when it came to Sakaki she could be just as evil, ravenous, and sadistic as anybody. Tyler was also from North Carolina and had known Sean, Andrew, and Shane for several years, but lived in the mountains whereas the others lived on the coast.

He was a 5’11” wise guy like Andrew, but had a more twisted sense of humor than his counterpart.

"This is starting to get ridiculous Sakaki, somebody’s got to put a stop to this Yomi declared as she walked out to try and stop Kaorin.

"Stop” she yelled as she reach out and grabbed Kaorin’s shirt. That was a big mistake because as soon as she grabbed it, Kaorin turned on her and violently beat Yomi with her stick.

Oh shit Yomi!! Kaorin, quit hitting Yomi!!” Tomo shouted as she ran over to try and save her best friend from a brutal beating. Sean turned towards Kagura and suggested that they help too, and began running to Yomi’s aid. Tomo was the first one to get to the scene of the fray and jumped onto Kaorin’s back and tried to pull her off of Yomi. Sean and Kagura got to Kaorin a few seconds later and were able to finally restrain the girl, each taking an arm.

"THIS ISN'T OVER! NOT BY A LONG SHOT!! IT-MPHHMM!

“I’m exhausted.” Sean groaned as he got up from tying up Kaorin, and wiped the blood from his nose where Kaorin hit him with the stick, "Where the heck did she get that thing anyway?"

“I know what you mean Sean...” said Kagura and Tomo both as they got up and began to dust their selves off. Kaorin, meanwhile, lay tied up on ground with her hands and feet tied together along with a muzzle on her face, got upand tried to hop off valiantly, trying to follow Sakaki as best she could. Tyler began to walk back towards the group cautiously.

Is.. is she.. Gone??” he asked panting, badly out of breath from running away from Kaorin. As the rest of the group began to check on Yomi and Tyler, Sakaki looked towards them and smiled.

Another ordinary day, she thought as the group began to head towards the school again.