Azumanga Daioh Fan Fiction ❯ Tomo's Wish ❯ Act 12 Night of the Cherry Blossoms ( Epilogue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Tomo's Wish-Act 12 Night of the Cherry Blossoms
by
triviatrap1982

I do not own Azumanga Daioh. It is owned by Kiyohiko Azuma.

It had come time for the cherry blossoms to bloom. Tonight was the night to see the brilliant petals before they shed down to the ground. Tomo was very much aware of what was at stake. She sat on the rooftop, at lunch overlooking the city. Chiyo and Kagura joined her up there. It was directly after school, when they met. Tomo had her plan of attack...she just was unsure on how to go about it. She remembered what Chiyo said...she needed to be honest.

"Hey guys," Tomo greeted, "what brings you up here?"

"We had to get away from the boredom of the Library," Chiyo said.

"Yeah, I have a little time before training," Kagura added.

"Oh, you're trying out for the nationals in swimming?" Tomo asked.

"I always was," Kagura said softly.

"Listen," Tomo said, rising from the bench, "you're going to do your best...because it's what you do."

"Thanks," Kagura said, "by the way...you forced many girls to confess their feelings to whoever they like."

"I'll see you both later," Tomo said, "I have to get home!"

"Wow, there's a huge change with her," Kagura noticed.

"I know, it's like she's on a mission," Chiyo returned.

While Chiyo went to go find Sakaki to walk her home, Tomo was walking confidently. She wasn't about to let anybody get in her way. She ran into Kaorin, and Osaka. They saw her walk with a purpose. They knew what was going to happen. They didn't stop and question her, as they tried to get a prime spot to watch the cherry blossoms. She nearly sprinted past Sakaki who was wondering where the fire was. Chiyo came by and knew.

"She's a woman on a mission," Chiyo said simply.

"I hope she succeeds," Sakaki said quietly.

"I know she will," Kaorin added.

"This probably is one of he most epic nights ever!" Osaka added.

The girls had to agree about what was going to go down. Tomo came home, and her parents wondered exactly what was going on. Tomo rooted through her closet. It was that same white dress that she wore in her dream. She forgot she had even had it! She went to the bathroom and she took a very thorough shower. Once she finished up, she got dressed. She was exactly as she was in the dream. the same bra, the same panties...everything. It was a bit cooler out for the shoes...She decided she was going to wear a jacket as well. She then was on her way to find Yomi. They haven't spoken since that incident. Yomi decided she wanted to make things right.

"Koyomi," Tomo started, she only called her by her real name when she was serious, "how are you?"

"I'm well Tomo," she started.

"I'm on my way to find a spot to watch the cherry blossoms...do you want to watch with me?"

"I would like to."

It still was awkward. Tomo remembered to bring her little clutch purse. She had what would be the rings inside of it. Her mother had helped her keep them cleaned. There was no way she was going to let them get tarnished. There was one thing. Her heart was conflicted. She couldn't exactly figure how to tell Yomi. Yomi...likewise...was having some stronger feelings. She too didn't know how to tell Tomo exactly how she felt. The fact is...she was too embarrassed to admit it. Tomo stopped a the 7-11 and picked up some pork buns. She handed Yomi one. Yomi still had self-esteem issues on her weight.

"Hey...are you still obsessed with your weight?" Tomo asked bluntly.

"I am," Yomi admitted.

"Why...the way I see it," she said, "if you can eat right, then you'll be alright!"

"Are you saying that...?"

"There's no reason for you to go on a diet in the first place," Tomo then stated. "Do you think I'd abandoned you if you were fat?"

"No, I don't think you would," Yomi answered flatly.

"Exactly...if people can't accept you for who you are...then they're the biggest idiots on the planet earth!"

That definitely got her attention. Tomo really wouldn't have abandoned Yomi if she were fat and out of shape. Quite the opposite...Tomo would have been her friend. She also would have encouraged her to not had eaten as much. Takino smiled. Yomi was a bit taller than her...but she really admired her. Things then were reset. Still, there was one thing weighing on Tomo's mind. She needed to talk to Yomi about it.

"Remember, that day I came to your house...?" Tomo started.

"Oh...I wanted to talk to you about that," Yomi said.

"What happened there?" Tomo asked...nearly about to tear up.

"I overreacted," Yomi admitted.

"I shouldn't have..." Tomo started.

"No...I am the one who should have listened..." she stopped. "I was more upset with myself that I didn't get to give you the same feeling."

"Oh...wow...I never knew..." Tomo said.

"Honestly, I did liked what you did," Yomi admitted.

"Listen...I know I wasn't of right mind, or body...but I really don't want our friendship to end," Tomo started tearfully.

"It isn't gong to end," Yomi said.

She figured out that Tomo at least wanted friendship forever. She still couldn't figure out that Tomo wanted more. Later that evening...they were at a prime spot. The street lights came out, and they had shined on the trees. Tomo then found a spot. It wasn't exactly on a hill, but it was good enough. there was a wooden bench that was there. They sat down. They continued to talk about things. It was before the sleepover incident. Tomo decided she was going to be direct.

"Koyomi...I have to confess something," she started.

"What's on your mind?" Yomi asked.

"You see...I had a crush on you since forever," she started, "last Christmas...you made a wisecrack that made me question if it was more."

"Oh...was that the one about being the last girl on earth, and such?"

"Yes...from there I went through emotional hell."

"That's...why you flipped the desk...?"

"Yeah," Tomo said, "in fact, the only reason why I wanted to sleep separately from you was because of my sex dreams..."

"Wait, they were about me?!"

"They definitely were," she answered honestly, "if you were wondering...it was enjoyable."

"I was hoping..."

"You were hoping for a similar dream?"

"Yeah...you've infected my dreams."

"When you say it like that..."

"I'm sorry," Yomi said, "it's just you never got out of my head at all..."

Tomo figured out what was going on Yomi was trying to confess to her! However, she was too embarrassed to do so. The moment wasn't an awkward silence. It was also very tense. a petal from the tree fell on Tomo's nose, and she giggled. She brushed it aside, and smiled. Yomi giggled. It felt like when they were in grade school. The same thing happened, and Tomo frowned. she didn't know what to do. She instead, now smiled. She looked dead at Yomi, and she was going to make her declaration.

"Koyomi...I'm confessing that I love you!" Tomo declared.

"What...wait...I mean..." Yomi stammered.

"Damn It! I don't want to be without you...why the hell do you think I had 'forever' inscribed in your locket?!"

"I...just don't know what to say..."

"I want you to be mine...forever," Tomo then said plainly.

Tomo put Yomi on the spot. She laid it out on the line. Yomi really didn't know exactly how answer. She didn't wasn't being pushy. She then took out the gold ring...she placed the back-up ring on Yomi's finger. It fit on her left ring finger. Yomi was unsure on what she wanted to do. Tomo looked in here eyes lovingly. She wanted Yomi to say yes. At this point...Yomi knew her intentions. Tomo just made things just a bit difficult. She now has a choice...a very big choice...

That's the end of this Story...it continues in the next series Tomo's Desires